Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Star Trek Away Team: Horrible encounters-session November 14th-player slot open  (Read 12288 times)

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

REVISED OP:

Copypasta from Sean Mirrsen:
You are a USS Enterprise away team stuck aboard a strange enormous derelict ship, shaped like an arrowhead. The 'prise was sucked into a wormhole before it could pick you up, as it is prone to do sometimes. You're going to have to find a way off this ship.

So, a team of six. Four of you are security personnel, one is a medical officer, one is a science officer. All with standard away team armament. Redshirts will carry phaser rifles as well, to give them an extra chance of survival.

Sessions are every Sunday 5PM GMT/UTC. We may use Skype for basic communication(inviting to server and such).

CURRENT PLAYER LIST:
Dice meister:
-Sean Mirrsen(skype=sean.mirrsen)
-CURRENT ONE: ExKirby(skype=theexkirby)
Players:
-Dwarf Midget(Science Officer)(skype=metalwiring)
-lordnincompoop(Medic)(skype=lordnincompoop)
-Burnt Pies(Redshirt)(skype=burnt.pies)
-Frelock(Redshirt)(skype=freylock)
-ExKirby(RedJACKET)(skype=theexkirby)(CURRENTLY DM)
-electronics(Redshirt)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:19:35 pm by Dwarf Midget »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder(for us GMT peeps) - looking for players and DM!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 05:18:47 pm »

I could join, but I don't know anything about pathfinder so you're going to have to put up with that or refuse me ;)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »

Meh.

Most people that want to run game already are. DnD games fill up very fast around here.

Add that to the fact that it is pathfinder and I doubt you will get many takers...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 07:36:32 pm »

I, too, have no idea about Pathfinder, but I'd like to play.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:20:23 am »

I'm also in europe (well, Russia actually, and at GMT+3), and I also have no idea what Pathfinder is. I also don't like to GM stuff live, I tend to fail at that. Though if anyone wants a virtual tabletop RTD game...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 01:28:37 am »

I happen to play pathfinder in RL (for those who don't know, Pathfinder is basically a D&D version between 3.5 and 4e), and would love to get in on an internet game.  Unfortunately, my only experience DM'ing has been with my RTD, which means I'd probably not be a good one to turn to.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 01:31:54 am »

nvm
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 01:33:35 am by Heliman »

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 07:43:46 am »

CHANGE OF PLANS
Pathfinder = out, RTD = in. For some reason I had in the back of my head that the PDF was free, but that's a lie. And besides, it seems the two people we've got that have DM experience only has so with RTD, so I guess this is the best choice.
We're still to use maptool/Skype/GMT time and all that stuff, though.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD virtual tabletop(for us GMT peeps) - looking for players(and DM?)!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:59:58 am »

Alright then, what shall we play?

I had a Space Whaler Escape setting, but I'm not sure if it'll work out as well a second time. Not to mention it's supposed to be a PvP-heavy game. (and not to mention I'm trying to avoid GMing for a while so that I build up some power to continue my many projects) Classic RTD would be overkill for a virtual tabletop, the Robot Adventure I described in the "Unused ideas" thread would be too map-heavy... Maybe I could adapt my Space Whaler Escape game for a cooperative playthrough?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 11:10:25 am »

RTD? HELL YEAH, I'M DM-ING.

That looked really silly, it works better when the first word ISN'T meant to be all caps... but I'm still DMing.

Any suggestions for setting?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 11:19:52 am »

See above post. If you want to try, take Robot Adventure from the unused ideas thread. Running a PvP RTD won't be too fun (unless it is, we'll have to see), so some sort of story would be good. I have a pair of ready stories, or you could pretend you're going Multiworlds and take an existing universe. For example, we could be a group of uruk-hai trying to sneak into Helm's Deep and steal hobbits....

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 11:28:50 am »

See above post. If you want to try, take Robot Adventure from the unused ideas thread. Running a PvP RTD won't be too fun (unless it is, we'll have to see), so some sort of story would be good. I have a pair of ready stories, or you could pretend you're going Multiworlds and take an existing universe. For example, we could be a group of uruk-hai trying to sneak into Helm's Deep and steal hobbits....
I was actually considering running a Dwarven Racer.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 11:29:23 am »

Alright then, what shall we play?

I had a Space Whaler Escape setting, but I'm not sure if it'll work out as well a second time. Not to mention it's supposed to be a PvP-heavy game. (and not to mention I'm trying to avoid GMing for a while so that I build up some power to continue my many projects) Classic RTD would be overkill for a virtual tabletop, the Robot Adventure I described in the "Unused ideas" thread would be too map-heavy... Maybe I could adapt my Space Whaler Escape game for a cooperative playthrough?
Yeah, I myself don't like the classic RTD rules too much. 1 third success, 1 partial, and 1 part fail, no difficulty checks... it has quite a few missing elements. I propose something like this:
Spoiler: Base rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skill (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Punishment system (click to show/hide)
This'll give us a quick-to-use and slightly deeper system, as it grasps quite a few things and actions only take 2 rolls and 2 bonus checks. Suggestions for improvement would be loved.

As for the setting, I'm open for anything; fantasy, steampunk, futuristic, you name it. As long as it sounds fun, I'll go with it.

@ExKirby, you and Sean can fight to the death for DM role. I'll just sit by here with my bowl of popcorn.

Sounds like a whole bunch of awesome.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 11:39:48 am »

@ExKirby, you and Sean can fight to the death for DM role. I'll just sit by here with my bowl of popcorn.
With pleasure! *punches Sean in the snout to establish superiocity*

In all honesty, I'm kosher with either of us hosting. However, if I host, would it be too much trouble to convert to Gametable? I'm far more fluent with that.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 11:49:54 am »

With pleasure! *punches Sean in the snout to establish superiocity*

In all honesty, I'm kosher with either of us hosting. However, if I host, would it be too much trouble to convert to Gametable? I'm far more fluent with that.
How about we decide what program we use after DM has been decided?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10