Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends Mode: display additional information on various screens.  (Read 419 times)

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been exploring Legends mode recently.  I'm suitably impressed by the depth of the background the game generates.  Obviously it's impossible to leaf through all the various figures generated so it would be useful to help focus on the more relevant or interesting ones.  These are hopefully fairly modest requests.

Under "historical figures" I think it would be more interesting if we could have additional columns displaying:

number of kills / number of notable kills / age on death (longer lifespans -> potentially more interesting lives)

also could you align the b(orn) and d(ied) columns consistently to avoid deaths in the birth columns.  This would make it easier to see who is still around at the end of worldgen.

the filter function doesn't appear to search all the terms.  You can't search for "dwarf" for example.

Elsewhere it would be helpful to be able to search specifically for the histories of the dwarf civilizations which you can choose at embark (although in the examples I have looked at they appear to be eliminated fairly early during the history gen).  We should, after all, be more interested in Dwarvern history than the other races.

thanks!

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Mode: display additional information on various screens.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:44:12 pm »

Im all for enhanced legends.
Im thinking instead of all the manouvering with the keyboard if mouse support could click on things and have them appear it would be a godsend. More info more user-friendly better experience and immersion in the world that is created.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."