Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64392 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - War!
« Reply #945 on: November 06, 2010, 11:44:29 pm »

Did you have any other plans outside of hive-mind goo bonaparte?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 06, 2010, 11:45:43 pm »

No, I'm saying don't blow the things up unless you want giant doomie doom of doomness to happen.
You're fighting tech from an ancient empire advanced enough to keep 5 artificial planets exactly in the same formation for eons, without having solar gravity move them in any significant way.

I got the impression that the planets were acting as a sort of guardian, and destroying them won't make them retaliate, but you'll unleash something apocalyptic.
What he said.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 06, 2010, 11:46:42 pm »

Did you have any other plans outside of hive-mind goo bonaparte?
singularity and grey-gooifying Ghostfang, but that was it.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 06, 2010, 11:47:46 pm »

OK, I got it then, I can't destroy the planets, but the networks should be fair game right?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 06, 2010, 11:49:17 pm »

...start printing money! And lots of it!

Start making apocalypse shelters on the planets and nearby moons. Commandeer all ships to move as many citizens to the colonies as their infrastruture can supper. Move one militia from earth, the topmost planet and the middle planet to each of the colonies.

Make big nukes and city-killer nukes, many, many nukes. Long range. Also anti-missile missiles.

Make another fleet.

Have our two existing fleets attack Auldrant. Offer anon from lazorlolcatdogs in exchange for alliance.

Have all researches start researching hyperspace nullifiers, and install them on our planets.

Have GLaDOS hack the middle planet and organize EVERYTHING! Give her all free processing power, all of it, ths includes suspending all nonessential civilian programs like facebook, myspace, blogs and twitter.

Make a captital ship factory at the bottommost planet.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:21:25 am by Demonic Spoon »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 06, 2010, 11:50:26 pm »

OK, I got it then, I can't destroy the planets, but the networks should be fair game right?
Yes, you can try to get in there. you'll be competing with AI and Apple, though.
also, which planet you hack first will majorly determine what SECRET will activate like first.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 06, 2010, 11:53:16 pm »

Who said anything about hacking, I want to disable completely, once my scientists have discovered how whatever the hell this thing is operates, we should be able to rebuild the comm networks and solidify them as part of our empire.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 06, 2010, 11:54:32 pm »

You can't colonize them, nor can you claim them as part of your empire. The only way to get the planets is to hack into their network and activate the secret. If you destroy the network it will be probably have the same result as destroying the planet.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 06, 2010, 11:55:43 pm »

Start making apocalypse shelters on the planets and nearby moons. Commandeer all ships to move as many citizens to the colonies as their infrastruture can supper. Move one militia from earth, the topmost planet and the middle planet to each of the colonies.

Make nukes, many, many nukes. Long range. Also anti-missile missiles.

Make another fleet.

Have our two existing fleets attack Auldrant. Offer anon from lazorlolcatdogs in exchange for alliance.

Have all researches start researching hyperspace nullifiers, and install them on our planets.

Have GLaDOS hack the middle planet and organize EVERYTHING! Give her all free processing power.

I would like to point out you have no capital shipyards, nukes require capital ships to be launched (from space at least), hyperspace inhibitors require capital shipyards in order to be researched.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 06, 2010, 11:57:03 pm »

you'd still have to get in first.
which involves hacking, unless you have a Ye Olde Alien on Tarsonis (which you don't, unless you researched time travel earlier and I've forgotten)
They can be disabled safely, Lillipad. If you know the password for that.

inhibit =/= nullify, as far as I know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 06, 2010, 11:57:33 pm »

Make nukes, many, many nukes. Long range. Also anti-missile missiles.

Make another fleet.

Have GLaDOS hack the middle planet and organize EVERYTHING! Give her all free processing power.

I would like to point out you have no capital shipyards, nukes require capital ships to be launched (from space at least), hyperspace inhibitors require capital shipyards in order to be researched.

Umm...why? That sounds like bullshit.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 06, 2010, 11:58:47 pm »

these are big nukes.
if you just want normal sized city-killer nukes instead (like the ones in the real world now), you can put thouse on whatever you want, as long as its not a fighter.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 06, 2010, 11:59:55 pm »

Oh, okay, I wasn't planning to put them on my ships though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 07, 2010, 12:01:25 am »

even simpler.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 07, 2010, 12:01:44 am »

nullify - to deprive (something) of value or effectiveness; make futile or of no consequence.

inhibit - to restrain, hinder, arrest, or check (an action, impulse, etc.).

It's pretty daggon similar
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 77