Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64518 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - Isolationists and Alliances.
« Reply #840 on: November 05, 2010, 07:41:13 pm »

Aklyon uses Random.org for most of these kinds of decisions. Besides, Anon is the largest disorganization to ever exist, so there's only losses for people that stand against them.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 05, 2010, 09:06:33 pm »

Aklyon uses Random.org for most of these kinds of decisions. Besides, Anon is the largest disorganization to ever exist, so there's only losses for people that stand against them.
For this kind of huge battle, I'll most likely be using the Integer Generator, since why click the front page tons of times when theres a much simpler solution?
Anyone whose read WIZARD has probably noticed that I get more detailed when theres fighting going on instead of normal stuff, like during the original demon update.

Also, you do need to be a bit less serious, V. If I wanted to run an IC/OOC game, I would have said so. (and made a second thread)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 05, 2010, 09:49:44 pm »

DISorganization.  You do understand it's herding cats, to represent that realistically, it'd obviously be difficult to get them to commit to fighting a military power.  They may be fighting the church of Scientology, but they don't exactly have a military force.  No one in Anon is, by it's very nature might I add, forced to do anything.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 05, 2010, 09:52:04 pm »

Obviously they aren't forced to do anything, were you even paying attention? They're doing it for anonymous reasons, which includes "the lulz."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 05, 2010, 09:55:59 pm »

And I'm saying with a disorganization it's incredibly likely to splinter if what Anon does goes against the beliefs of some of it's members.  Meaning they wouldn't comply with what Anon was planning on doing, you have to take that into account when considering Anon's actions.  Anything they do that might go against some previously held belief of theirs is likely to lose anywhere between a few, to all of the members that don't agree with that action.  Thus by performing actions that the average member wouldn't agree with, they hurt themselves. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:01:08 pm by V-Norrec »

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 05, 2010, 09:59:01 pm »

It's all memetic. When Gene Simmons provoked Anon, people were posting on 4chan about it, and it gained momentum. Individual members won't be convinced of things beyond their own values, so if you get a large percentage passionate enough, there's a real effect (like scientology). It all depends on the public opinion of you (among your own people and among humans). In the Gene Simmons incident, it wasn't important enough to Anon. In your case, it will be a direct challenge, causing Anon's members to become extremely passionate. Anonymous as a whole is unbreakable.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 05, 2010, 10:02:21 pm »

Who said I'm gunning for them first.  Until I provoke them, they have no reason to get truly passionate, I have other axes to grind first.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - War?
« Reply #847 on: November 05, 2010, 10:06:06 pm »

You present a direct threat to Anon just by not liking the internet/outernet factions. They'll rise against you just for being there.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 05, 2010, 10:08:04 pm »

You present a direct threat to Anon just by not liking the internet/outernet factions. They'll rise against you just for being there.
If someanon actually points that out.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »

and can successfully sell the idea that I have a personal vendetta against internet factions and I'm not just invading the Foppish Wankers Alliance for political reasons, such as their insistence of sending spies to the Ghostfang Collective to steal our stuff and attempt to sabotage our communications network/terrorism purposes.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 05, 2010, 10:17:08 pm »

Current actions:
OMITTED
Help bring the UPA standard for "stable economy" back up by inspiring a competitive market into the people again
Acquire as many factories as I can so I may start building units
Leak the information of Norrec's hostility to Anon
Make TvTropes more labyrinthine

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 05, 2010, 10:18:12 pm »

you should make sure your claims are all completely true. If they're not, Anon will find out you sent them on an errand and they'll hunt you down.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 05, 2010, 10:20:01 pm »

Namely, I've done nothing to Anon, nothing whatsoever, completely ignored them.  If they send their psychics, they get slaughtered, I offer them peace, they realize I'm not out to utterly destroy them, you will have pissed off psychic hackers hunting you down. 

Edit:  Also you have no money, that is a hindrance to buying raw materials to begin creating units... of just about anything.  Especially since you couldn't sell "units" on the market to make enough money potentially to pay back any debt you went into.

Assuming units of course means militarily useful units.  If you want to create units as in pencils for example, you can sell those and possibly see a return on investment great enough to pay back the debt.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:23:42 pm by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 05, 2010, 10:26:12 pm »

Since when did Anon need accurate information to go to war?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 05, 2010, 10:27:39 pm »

Since when did Anon need accurate information to go to war?
Lillipad is right.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 77