Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64344 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - Argumentative Empires!
« Reply #495 on: October 25, 2010, 12:12:40 am »

We can argue about this all day Norrec, we probably will, the point is that you can't deny that at least two factions are run by AIs. We're a race in this game.
Two? You and who else?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 25, 2010, 12:21:53 am »

Someone converted their leader to an AI, or at least made an AI ruling class.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 25, 2010, 12:29:05 am »

Tropetan?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 25, 2010, 12:31:55 am »

Yeah, that one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 25, 2010, 01:02:25 am »

Mm, does Earth still exist in this scenario? If so do we know where it is? If so it is probably one of the UPA planets yes? If yes make it the second one from the top.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 25, 2010, 01:08:14 am »

I vote Texas took over Earth and joined my empire... why, because it's just moronic enough to work!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 25, 2010, 06:01:37 am »

I am bored! Discuss!

What do you guys think Tropetan's next move will be? Anon's motives are nebolous and his actions inscrutable, possible theories for his ultimate goal?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:32:14 am by Demonic Spoon »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 25, 2010, 06:48:20 am »

TVTropes is probably hoping to pick up some variety of super-virus in the CZ and use it against people, or rescue A.I. Alpha and use the A.I. for... erm, world galactic domination.

Anon's ultimate goal, well, my guess is become strong enough to be an empire, they psychics lead me to think that, or they might just be playing to have fun, who'd have thunk that?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 25, 2010, 03:15:28 pm »

Decoding is going well, along with the constant minor increase in signal strength.
Colonization needs colony ship, they take two turns. (one to build and one to fill with peoples.)
spies raised, and sent back to get some idea of how to improve our software security.
lowered taxes would hurt the delicatly balanced economy right now. (The Economy guy might not be the best, but hes awesome at keeping things from falling into danger, like the economy, or plates.) There is enough for cool hats, though.

* Aklyon high-fives DS

there are no robots yet.

My actions:

Train our militias on each planet into elite fighting forces(And actually do it this time instead of just ignoring it please.) that will protect the planets and maintain order. Also double them in size to 20 units each.

Get more spies to infiltrate the Other Empire. Also get spies into the corporation that go over to the Other Empire.

Work on expanding the fleet and making the beginnings of a new one. Offer the Anon planet full member status in the UPA.

Ask GLaDOS if she would please help with organizing and managing the UPA. Give GLaDOS citizenship in the UPA.

Have our welfare organization, which by now should have some experience with and be good at transporting and managing food, store any food surpluses in highly secure and highly secret storage areas spread out all over the UPA.

Invest heavily into improving our economy.

Start installing planetary defense systems, (Missile bases and the like), onto the UPA planets, around 10 per planet should do it.

Have some bots trawl the outernet for cool stuff.

Continue decoding the signal, ask GLaDOS to help.

If more businesses start going over to the other empire start seizing their assets.

Okay, I assume the colonization ships are already well on their way to completion right? Once they are completed and loaded have them colonize the planets.

Decide to give the economy guy one more chance, only one mind you.

And I meant actually research some defenses on our own. We do actually have researchers right? Or do we steal all our tech from the oher empire? Though by all means let the spies get us some more. Also let the spies blackmail some corporation back into joining the UPA and steal some funds form the Other Empire.

If feasible, make the warbots sentient and grant them citizenship.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:18:32 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 25, 2010, 03:27:04 pm »

I vote Texas took over Earth and joined my empire... why, because it's just moronic enough to work!

I wonder how many times we'll all use that phrase throughout this. Since you used that phrase I have no choice but to vote with you. It makes sense, considering it's named Texas, though.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 25, 2010, 03:44:37 pm »

Tropetan?
That's me. I'm not an AI. I made an AI, but am not one.

I intend my actions to remain secretive, as it is my one defense.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 25, 2010, 03:45:47 pm »

I came up with an alternative scenario in case there is Earth still.

Texas, fed up with the rising tide of Obama liberals lack of death penalty FRANCE!, decided they had had enough of the planet Earth.  Thus, they embarked on a mega project worthy of Dwarf Fortress.  They dug a huge 3 mile deep ditch around all of Texas and then dug out a nice flat area in which to put Rocket Boosters (all supported by a single staircase).  Then, fueled by the awesome power of BIG TEX!, They launched into space with Big Tex taking their portion of the Earth's Atmosphere with them.  They then landed on another planet, which is now named Texas, happens to be on the other side of space and allied with the Ghostfang Collective, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT FRANCE!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 25, 2010, 03:46:56 pm »

You can make stuff, Spoon, but having spies working on it too probably would help.

Edit: lol, France.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 25, 2010, 03:50:05 pm »

Whose turns are we missing Aklyon?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 25, 2010, 03:52:19 pm »

Blah blah blah, competence, blah blah blah!

OH SHIT, HE'S BECOMING LIKE ME!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77