Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64458 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted!
« Reply #255 on: October 24, 2010, 02:17:13 am »

I don't even think there would be "robot citizens"  I'm just preempting that shit.  Also... oh noes, I'm racist against code (which is impossible, code is not a race, it would fall under the general category of prejudice).  Never mind the fact I'm expanding my economy by leaps and bounds with better capacity for growth, better taxation laws, improving freedoms as we speak, and in general making life good for my populace.  Nope, I'm totally going to be defenseless against your A.I.s which can do nothing as far as I can tell that my human researchers can't.  Nope... I'm doomed.

edit:  Also you're jumping the gun a bit there, you have to survive my assault first.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2010, 02:19:20 am »

Why would Aklyon show favoritism and allow you to kill me completely in one turn?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2010, 02:19:40 am »

OSN works similarly to Anonymous, there's no centralization. What assault?

EDIT: And Aklyon, I hope you understand the ramifications of self improving AI. It's basically a win condition.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2010, 02:21:20 am »

I'm assaulting the A.I. not OSN (until their A.I. is complete anywho)  Also, you're in stasis, you're fighting a program designed to destroy other programs, I'd be offended if I wasn't allowed to kill you in one turn.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2010, 02:23:05 am »

I said entirely. Meaning all of my lives. You were complaining about me getting to know what defenses I'd be getting, calling them "favoritism." Why aren't I allowed to do the same when you want to wipe out all my lives?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 24, 2010, 02:25:30 am »

Well, I think I'm well within my paranoid right seeing how my A.I. research program went over SOOOOOO well, what turn four, I've lost the majority of my A.I.'s and one escaped.  At this point I'm thinking A.I.'s aren't worth it, plan around their destruction and create a human-only society with a better economy and military and I basically get a win.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2010, 02:27:24 am »

You don't get a win, but you've just made me agree with you about nuking the AIs. However, might I suggest not killing me, so that I can actually do things other than create the wallsmasher and survive the corrupted zone for a time?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2010, 02:29:58 am »

You don't get a win, but you've just made me agree with you about nuking the AIs. However, might I suggest not killing me, so that I can actually do things other than create the wallsmasher and survive the corrupted zone for a time?
You'll get asylum from me only if we can study you and make more.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2010, 02:31:44 am »

You'll get asylum from me with no conditions, no hidden strings, well except that you refrain from taking over our warbots and networks and things.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:33:33 am by Demonic Spoon »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2010, 02:32:58 am »

Norrec plans to kill all of my other semi-rogue AI pals. You currently don't have the technology to make more AIs to serve in the hive I would control for you. Why would I not allow you to study me?

Spoon: If I agree to those terms will you make me a robotic host body, so that I may do things?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2010, 02:33:50 am »

I'm interested in creating the best economy, they best military, the best communications network, and the best infrastructure.  You are obviously not interested in those goals, or helping me out, thus why should I spare you?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2010, 02:34:28 am »

Spoon: If I agree to those terms will you make me a robotic host body, so that I may do things?

Agreed

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 24, 2010, 02:36:03 am »

Would you rather have a body or become a god?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2010, 02:36:29 am »

Godhood is overrated.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 24, 2010, 02:37:47 am »

I'm in stasis in the center of the corrupted zone therefore making me harmless, and you aren't aware of the OSN and the UPA fiddling around near the corrupted zone, with a byproduct of that action resulting in my rescue?

I'd rather have both, but I'm going with what either of you would be more likely to give me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77