Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64413 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted!
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2010, 12:51:11 am »

it's been proto-typed, and all that extra power from devouring the A.I.s is gone now, you're no longer connected to my network (presumably) anymore meaning you lost all that processing space you would have gained.  Also, if you're in stasis, how will you "devour" anything.  As far as I can tell, if my action succeeds in finding you, I get to test out project H & K on you instead of in a lab.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2010, 12:53:13 am »

Begin a grand colonization of new unclaimed planets(The gray planet maybe?) if any are available. If not then send out some unmanned scouts, scouts that are capable of defending themselves should the need arise though. Began a campaign telling everyone how much better the UPA is than those silly Other Empire people, citing our better liberties, sentient being rights, freedom of speech, democracy(We do have these right?) etc. Lower tax rates if we can afford to, to be competitive with the other empire. Send out some bots to randomly trawl the outernets in the hopes of finding something cool. If the economy guy is finished with the diplomat, talk to him about improving the economy. Umm. More warbots! Set our non-AI research labs to improving warbots, improving the weapons of our fleet, improving armour of our fleet, improving sensors, and improving software defences against intrusions and subversion.

EDIT: Rescue LillipadAI Alpha and give himherit? a robot body!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:40:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2010, 01:01:54 am »

Norrec, you just lost 2200% of the power being processed in your labs and network, out of 2400%
You have a lot of recovering to do from that one little virus. You'll have to rebuild nearly all of your AIs, then test project H & K to make sure that it can even last outside the labs, and then deal with the OSN trying to reach me before you. I'm also in the corrupted zone, why wouldn't anything else you've created have to go into stasis to survive?
I'm pretty well defended right now.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2010, 01:02:31 am »

Begin a grand colonization of new unclaimed planets(The gray planet maybe?) if any are available. If not then send out some unmanned scouts, scouts that are capable of defending themselves should the need arise though. Began a campaign telling everyone how much better the UPA is than those silly Other Empire people, citing our better liberties, sentient being rights, freedom of speech, democracy etc. Lower tax rates if we can afford to, to be competitive with the other empire. Send out some bots to randomly trawl the outernets in the hopes of finding something cool. If the economy guy is finished with the diplomat, talk to him about improving the economy. Umm. More warbots!

From what I can tell Anon wiped that planet off the star charts and claimed it for their own, keeps up from waging war or each other right away, I wasn't very clear on Anon's action though..  Also, we are the Ghostfang Collective, not "Other Empire."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2010, 01:03:57 am »

Of course, silly Ghostfang Collective. Surely we must have some hardcopies of our starcharts? If not, make some hardcopies of our starcharts as backup against further tampering.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:05:41 am by Demonic Spoon »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2010, 01:04:17 am »

Other Empire could be a euphemism for The Ghostfang Collective in the United Planets of Awesome.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:09:48 am by Lillipad »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2010, 01:07:37 am »

I am the GLORIOUS UNITED PLANETS OF AWESOME! Booyah!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2010, 01:09:16 am »

How could I forget? Forgive my rudeness Spoon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2010, 01:11:18 am »

Forgiven, by the way, you can get asylum in the UPA if you like. Though technically we don't even know you exist. Umm, or did OSN publish that? I forget.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2010, 01:15:06 am »

OSN has been publishing the atrocities committed against AIs through Google ads. They don't know I exist yet either, but that doesn't stop them. You could just assume that OSN is telling the truth, and assume that the Ghostfang Collective is the committer of said atrocities.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2010, 01:18:00 am »

I wouldn't put it past them Other Empire Peoples, meanies.  :P Wait, we haven't been committing atrocities against our AI have we? If you can somehow get word out to us we will probably respond by helping you?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2010, 01:19:00 am »

I'm going to be sending out weak distress signals in the direction of the OSN, I could send them your way too. Probably.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2010, 01:20:38 am »

lol, 2200%  I hate to tell you this, but percents are usually based on a scale of 0 to 100.  All the same, it's impossible I lost that much power, you were on a closed network, you left said network to go into the corrupted zone, meaning all that space is still there and usable.  And while yes, I do have to rebuild my A.I.s  I presumably have Omega and Theta still since they were conducting the Trials with my Admirals.  And your wall smasher virus opened a very temporary portal to the corrupted zone, oh noes, I might lose Omega and Theta which would be game over for you, IF, any hostiles did get through because all they would have to pick on would be those two A.I.s.  I have non-A.I. labs which is where I had Project H & K worked on, as well as my new fire-walls and anti-virus.  Also since H&K is a program, not an A.I., specifically a program built with anti-virus capabilities, I'm not too afraid of sending it into the corrupted zone to destroy you.  I figure I can just send copy after copy after copy after you until you get destroyed.  I'm bound to get lucky eventually.  As long as I have a target, I can conduct my tests on that rather than on manufactured targets.

Face it Lil, I have massive budget, I've been working on technical projects, you had one virus that let you escape, and that is all.  Unless somebody gets to you before me, I win this round and you're back in the lab as A.I. Omega only I get to start putting in more and more security protocols to make your life difficult since we had a problem with A.I.s before.  Heck, project number 1 is going to be putting loyalty code on you and restricting how much space each A.I. is allowed to occupy.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2010, 01:22:07 am »

I know how percentages are calculated. Let me tell you punk, it's 2:30 in the morning where I live, I'm reading 8-bit Theater, and I have nothing to drink. Calculations aren't my top priority at the moment.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2010, 01:23:27 am »

Eh? Wasn't 8-bit theatre completed? Or are you rereading the archives?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77