Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64490 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted!
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2010, 03:57:16 pm »

yeah exactly what I'm saying, if it doesn't work, he dies for eating up all the other A.I. which has very limited benefit and obviously trying to escape.  I mean, it makes my job easier I suppose if he escapes early so I don't have to rebuild everything from the ground up considering he never got access to my firewall or other security programming, but it makes the game a lot more boring too because now I don't have to fight to keep the one ace up my sleeve from taking over.  So then it's simply UPA/TGC building up militarily/technologically/economically and TVTropes, Anon, OSN fucking with each other/both of us on the net.

Also, he better hope that comm channel isn't audio only, if it is, then he's going to have to read his code out and hope somebody copies it down before I destroy his facilities.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:58:47 pm by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2010, 04:00:14 pm »

If it doesn't work then I technically become invincible. I'll be mindless, and therefore dead, but invincible!

Also I'm trying to escape through a virus, meaning you would still technically have to rebuild your defenses. If one little AI that went just a tiny bit rogue could break out of your closed network, what would that say about your defenses?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2010, 04:02:22 pm »

if the AI died, then Lilli would end up as AI Omega. (but with higher security, i'm guessing)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2010, 04:02:46 pm »

My closed network that had no fire-walls or anti-virus to speak of.  Speaks a tad bit of my over confidence I guess, but doesn't say much about your knowledge of how to get through my security.  He's trying to destroy A.I. Omega this turn, if his turn succeeds with the destruction but fails with the escape, he's up shit creek without a paddle.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2010, 04:03:53 pm »

When was it made defenseless? I wouldn't even need a virus to escape if it had no defenses.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2010, 04:08:12 pm »

Well, its not expected to have to deal with any of that. after all, its pretty much just a loop with things connected to it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2010, 04:08:20 pm »

When I think of a closed network to store an AI, I think of an underground bunker in a faraday cage and with an EMP self destruct. Employees are hit with a small EMP and large magnet to wipe out any possibility of the AI being carried out. Because an AI can be smarter than a human. Something smarter than a human can convince a human to do things for them. Every employee is treated like a possible spy.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2010, 04:09:49 pm »

It was defenseless since the beginning when Aklyon told you there was no fire-walls or anything else.  However it's controlled through a closed network.  A network that connects only A.I. facilities enabling them to research more productively, but keeps them from accessing anything outside of the A.I. facilities, meaning there is nowhere outside of my notice to run.  The emergency channel, would, I was hoping a part of an entirely separate network that connected each separate A.I. facility to a separate computer at, whatever the hell our capital is.  That's how I'd set it up personally if I had to keep an A.I. contained.

I also like Nbonaparte's employee security procedure, I'm totally adding that to my turn because that makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:11:49 pm by V-Norrec »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2010, 04:12:35 pm »

When I think of a Closed Network, I think of a bunch of computers that are connected, but not on the internet.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2010, 04:13:04 pm »

Now why would Aklyon make it impossible for me to go rogue when that's the whole point of the AI character?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2010, 04:16:44 pm »

Thats why I left the Emergency channel available. realistic closed system (seperate comm channel) is more secure, but no fun for the AI.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2010, 04:18:59 pm »

You already are Rogue, it was my goal to keep you around and force you to do research for me.  It's your job imo to out-think my security procedures and find a way out of the facility without getting yourself destroyed.

also, allowing him to become A.I. Omega if A.I. Alpha dies, lets him face no penalties for doing something stupid.  If I do something stupid, do I get to comeback as... I dunno, the Pirates of All Asteroid Fields and still fuck around with UPA/try to set up another empire?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:20:40 pm by V-Norrec »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2010, 04:21:22 pm »

Which of course raises the problem of being able to see other orders. I vote the AI alone can PM orders.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2010, 04:23:01 pm »

We Trawl the Outernet for the best malware.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2010, 04:25:32 pm »

But if the empires are forced to post our military actions and stuff in public than we can just respond "I'm going to have a paranoia attack and create a lot more anti-missile missiles, because I have no idea that the UPA is building 50 new nukes or anything *wink wink*"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77