Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64454 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - War!
« Reply #930 on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:14 pm »

Favor me, it's a plan I came up with, it's his job as the GM to take our plans and implement them, I'm ensuring that my plan will be successful.  In reality, if I took down the entire comm network at once there would not be time for retaliation and every planet WOULD become either a volcanic slag heap or rip itself apart from the massive pressures brought to bear by 10 FTL strikes at once.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:18:26 pm by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 06, 2010, 11:18:16 pm »

It would be favoring you by allowing you to become a planet destroyer. Stop being an annoying RPer and calm down already.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 06, 2010, 11:18:45 pm »

Edit: Stop arguing about what I would do! V has been slightly annoying with his overly RP RP, but not enough to make me unbalance the game just to irk him or favor one of you over the other. Also, you get 1 nuke per capital ship, V. you really shouldn't need more than that unless you're going to use scorched earth tactics and smash everything.

I'll give you guys a hint about it:
They aren't natural planets, but they look natural enough to trick probes.
What TvTropes is using is only an illusory network sitting atop the heavily secured actual network, with its long-forgotten series of passwords.
Blow all 5 up at once? Hmm...I haven't actually thought of something if that would happen. you'd be pretty much screwed however it happens though, if you did that.

Hint 2:
there is nothing on the orange planets except SECRET, and their own network.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:23:39 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 06, 2010, 11:24:56 pm »

I know about the networks from my conversation with TAO, that should alert me to the fact they pose a danger.  Networks don't exist on planets with no purpose, so I'm going for the full guns blazing approach of destroy each planet with as much firepower as can possibly be brought to bear.  That is what I'm doing with my FTL nukes.  If anything can diffuse those things, it's going to be the FTL nukes so I'm going to go ahead and use them.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 06, 2010, 11:26:18 pm »

Well 2 FTL strikes should completely destabilize the planet and cause itself to rip itself apart still.  Yeah, I guess I don't really need any more than 10.  That should work.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 06, 2010, 11:27:32 pm »

You're going to destroy the planets you know nothing about, even though it's going to harm you as well?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 06, 2010, 11:28:20 pm »

But do they truly serve no purpose?
they were obviously built to do something, and since theres nothing that would threaten an ancient alien civ anymore (nor is that civ still alive, but that not the point), why would they be left secured?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 06, 2010, 11:30:01 pm »

It won't shouldn't harm me if I do a simultaneous destruction of each planet.  It should take the comm networks offline all at once and should inhibit the communications as each planet rips itself apart.  If my plan isn't a success, oh well, I tried.  At least I screwed you over too.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 06, 2010, 11:31:05 pm »

He said in his post that everyone would be harmed by it if all 5 were ever destroyed, so why would you still do it?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 06, 2010, 11:32:43 pm »

Enough mystic stuff.

V-Norrec, you are going the in the most idiotic way possible of dealing with an unknown cluster of artificial, sunless planets that were left heavily secured for a reason. Why do you think there were no pirates at all in the whole map area?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 06, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »

I just remembered that I have AI Trope-Tan, or however that name is spelled. Get that AI working on OMITTED too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 06, 2010, 11:36:13 pm »

I just remembered that I have AI Trope-Tan, or however that name is spelled. Get that AI working on OMITTED too.
Trope-Tan is the TvTropes leader.
you're thinking of Tropebot the AI.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 06, 2010, 11:38:40 pm »

Yeah, that thing. Get that working on OMITTED. Since Alpha's the only one with nothing to do, have him design a simple AI drone that can be used in the hive-mind, and for the weaponized AI plan.
Continue with OMITTED as usual.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 06, 2010, 11:39:48 pm »

Well I'm open to suggestion, I was under the impression 5 simultaneous destructions of 5 planets would give no time to set off whatever self-defense device was put into place there.  Also, if that's Alpha's advantage, I'm going to take it out, one way or another.

If however there is a better way to destroy 5 planets that give my enemy an advantage though I'm all ears... hmmm, better idea struck me.

How about if I just attach those Hyperspace missiles to the planets and then send all the planets off to the Supermassive black hole.  At that point they won't be destroyed, just made substantially more tiny.

Unless you're saying I actually have to go in, and take over each planet one by one.  Which would suck, but I'll do it if I have to.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 06, 2010, 11:41:28 pm »

I got the impression that the planets were acting as a sort of guardian, and destroying them won't make them retaliate, but you'll unleash something apocalyptic.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 77