Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64503 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - War?
« Reply #870 on: November 06, 2010, 12:05:20 am »

It was at that point I decided to go to war.  Leaving an open communication network is only a vulnerability in war.  Severing it at this point would best be explained by protecting myself from any possible outside threats and allowing my military to use the communications  they require to successfully conduct the war.  It is military strategy 101, attempt to prevent the enemy from knowing what your are going to do before it happens.  This would entail proper use of misinformation campaigns, false/confusing military positioning, and attempting to secure your lines of communication from the enemy.  It makes a ton of sense from a military perspective what I'm doing.  It doesn't take much to read the tea leaves and figure out, I'm in such an superior position now that if I wait any longer, my position will just degrade and I'll be in worse shape than I was before.

Furthermore, you're pretending that every member of anonymous has absolutely no qualms about giving up their life, happiness, and worldly wealth, to an organization... that exists "for the lulz".  That is pure insanity, when encountered with the real choice of "Do what Anon says or face possible death" only the die-hards and lunatics would go with Anon.

Also, I find is hilarious you know exactly what the FWA would do in a cold war.  And how are they capturing my shit, I've got better fleets, better military.  I'm capable of deploying Marines down to any planet in which trouble does occur.  I'm finding it hard to believe that he's going to be taking me down anytime soon.

I also argue against TVTropes being so damn effective against a program.  It's not designed to read each damn article, they are designed for one damn purpose, to hunt A.I.s down and destroy them.  The were originally designed for scanning a wasteland known as the CZ and you're telling me they couldn't effectively hunt down something in a single website?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 06, 2010, 12:30:02 am »

Random chance. This means we can all destroy you, or you can successfully hold the line and defeat one of us in the process.
You can't ignore these things like you're blatantly doing. You also can't ignore that Anon just DOES NOT care about losing an impossibly small amount of its members in order to fund an Anon project. If it cares for its own life, and the lives of others, then it is no longer Anon.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 06, 2010, 12:31:54 am »

I'm not saying Anon gives a shit, I'm saying the individual members do which greatly limits effectiveness.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 06, 2010, 12:48:09 am »

Keep thinking that, for now, I shall lurk in the upper forums to find something entertaining to read.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 06, 2010, 01:02:57 am »

Spoon: I see no dog in there. Lazorcat.

Umm, dude, the left head is obviously a dog head.

Original pic:

Lilli:
1. He has better tech (debatable with you, since you're from him, and who knows what Anon has), better network security, and more military strength, though.

Why does he have better network security? I asked to have my software defenses increased and you did, a while back. In what way exactly does he have better tech?

Realize Holo-tech is a great money maker.  Begin to market it in Foppish Wanker Space in one of the shell companies I had my spies set up.  Price should be set at racketeeringly expensive, going down in price over 5 turns to merely expensive. In Ghostfang space have it sold for a moderate price declining over 5 turns to moderate-cheap.  List revenues gained by the new Holo-phone/Holo-TV tech separately for both Foppish Wanker space and Ghostfang Space.

Umm, aklyon never said you made those shell companies? And I arrested you spies?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 06, 2010, 01:06:03 am »

well if they aren't set up, then you don't have to worry about that action then.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 06, 2010, 01:17:54 am »

It may be best to take a brief respite from this witty repartee, as its volume may intercede in the path of the encroaching update.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 06, 2010, 09:23:55 am »

No, go ahead and continue, I've got something I have to do.
I'll post when you guys need to stop and let me start the update/war.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 06, 2010, 09:25:01 am »

Start the update.

You now agree that it is a LAZORLOLCATDOG yes?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 06, 2010, 09:38:20 am »

yes it is.
But I really should get this paper done before the update.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 06, 2010, 09:40:11 am »

Okay.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - War!
« Reply #881 on: November 06, 2010, 03:50:32 pm »

Blarg.
I don't really feel like writing more about whats being done and building stuff, had enough today with the random writing prompt we had. Still, I don't want to keep the war from starting just because of that.

So, how about we just go with everything happened to some degree, the iPlanet has 5 turns left, Texas has 1, H.I. also has 1, all the ships are done, the spies died blowing something kinda important up. (you'll see what it was once the war starts), and we start the war.

'k?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:06:11 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 06, 2010, 04:32:52 pm »

erm not really, I want to know what was blown up, it's importance to my war effort, whether or not they're dead... yet, seriously, I thought you said a certain number would die each turn when performing actions like that.

Also, I had drones exploring the center to figure out what was there that was frying them.  I need to know what was in there before war.

Also, I had my A.I. eaters set to eat Lilli, if we get success, does that mean Lilli has been injured and he has (finally) been taken down a notch so he can stop acting like TVTropes protects him from every damn little thing ever.

Texas and HI would have only one turn left

I should still have my Capital ships in process, but if you want to speed them up a turn fine by me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 06, 2010, 05:05:44 pm »

they have been getting lost. there was only two left, and they both died in the explosion.
OMITTED has been frying them, not spies.
If you kill Lilli, he gets dumped in Epsilon, who will still be related to TvTropes, but not know much else.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 06, 2010, 05:20:51 pm »

I know OMITTED has been frying them.  THEY WERE PROTOTYPE DRONES DESIGNED TO RESIST ALL VARIETY OF NATURAL PHENOMENON!  I've said that 3 or 4 times now.  Do I finally figure out what is in there or not?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 77