Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64504 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - War?
« Reply #855 on: November 05, 2010, 10:34:55 pm »

I have plenty of materials Norrec, you just haven't been paying attention.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 05, 2010, 10:44:06 pm »

erm... OK, you absorbed OSN, an internet organization, and TVTropes, an internet organization.  Both of which were said earlier to have rather low funds.  I don't know how much either of those two spent, but assuming they spent most of it, you would have such incredibly low funds that you wouldn't be able to buy enough materials to create any serious amount of product that would be militarily useful as you lack

1) people for marines
2) Warbots count as tanks and thus require a greater input of materials
3) workers, factories exist in the physical world, and while you can send your robot body there, he is seriously limited in how much he can produce in a single turn by himself.  Also workers like paychecks that again require money
4) Serious lack of funds to support maintenance and other necessary expenditures when raising an army

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 05, 2010, 10:47:32 pm »

It's kind of funny how uninformed you are of just how much breadbocks managed to accomplish while he still controlled TvTropes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 05, 2010, 10:49:01 pm »

TvTropes can be influential.
Alpha still has Epsilon and Omicron to boost power with.
You have reason and logic, but not all the details.
tis a bit hard to fight effectively on partial information.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 05, 2010, 10:57:15 pm »

T'is true, all of bread's actions were secret so I do only have partial information, while almost all of my information is public, but you are supposed to act as though you don't know it, thus you are supposed to act as though
1)  I'm presumably not going to send a physical army to invade the FWA
2)  Said Army is going to attempt to destroy every physical server are replace it with our own secure servers that are on a separate network the the FWA's
3)  You have no idea of my military strength
4)  You have no idea I have loads of money to spend.
5)  You haven't encountered my A.I. hunting virus so you shouldn't be acting as though it's hunting you down.
6)  No one should no that project Texas even exists really, even if you don't know what it is.

Presumably my H-K virus should have alerted me to your presence if you ever entered cyberspace to try and learn any of the above, so at this point I could safely say that a lot of what you are trying to do is acting on knowledge that you would not have. 

Of if you really want to end the discussion so we all have to police ourselves, just tell us what omitted is.  Not like it increases my chances of preventing my end if it's really as powerful as you say it is.  So how about this, all cards on the table.  No more secrets via post, everything on the board.

Edit:  I'll even start because there isn't much you can do to prevent it.

Project Texas is the Texas Class battle-station

It is a primarily defensive star base with the ability to hold may units of fighters, and produce ships ranging from Capital Ships to fighters.  It is designed to work in conjunction with my Hyperspace Inhibitor project thus creating a battle station capable of pulling fleets directly out of hyperspace and keeping them from retreating while my superior naval forces blast the enemies out of the skies. 

The Texas Class battle-station is also equipped with defensive weaponry enabling it to protect itself even if it is found alone in space.  The Texas Class battle-station is my ace up my sleeve for military combat, and even now that you have this information, you're not supposed to act on it, I'll be watching to see what happens now that you know.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:04:05 pm by V-Norrec »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 05, 2010, 11:00:00 pm »

OMITTED isn't really so much good power as it is a good secret.
Does everyone else agree with unsecreting?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 05, 2010, 11:04:35 pm »

You think I'd end OMITTED for no reason?
I'd like to point out a continuity error in your details though, you actively made an AI seeking device while I was wrongfully imprisoned by you. I can logically assume you've improved it by now. You're also stealing all the businesses from the UPA, so it's no surprise that you'd have more money than God, but less than Anon as a whole. When did I mention project Texas?
You're actively invading UPA territory by being near any of its planets with military units of any kind(this includes things to keep me in it), so you've been waging war against him for a while.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 05, 2010, 11:07:20 pm »

technically against Anon, since there is no other known routes between the two.

either way, are you guys going to war or not? I should go to sleep now, but I don't want to miss the beginning of the war.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 05, 2010, 11:13:00 pm »

You think I'd end OMITTED for no reason?
I'd like to point out a continuity error in your details though, you actively made an AI seeking device while I was wrongfully imprisoned by you. I can logically assume you've improved it by now. You're also stealing all the businesses from the UPA, so it's no surprise that you'd have more money than God, but less than Anon as a whole. When did I mention project Texas?
You're actively invading UPA territory by being near any of its planets with military units of any kind(this includes things to keep me in it), so you've been waging war against him for a while.

You don't know I made an A.I. seeking device, you were in stasis, it was only used in the CZ and it never successfully reached you, you should have no idea that I even have this technology.  I'm not stealing businesses, I gave them a better environment.  It's been said before, you can't steal a business.  Anon isn't likely to control the entire fortune of all it's members, just saying.  Also, I've never actively invaded FWA territory.  I sent a diplomat, and what were presumably embassy workers as the spies (which they were) never did any actions in the open that lead to them being outed as spies.  I also attempted to keep the CZ in FWA space... oooohh no, I don't want worthless servers in my space.  It's real telling that I was hunting you down.  And you never did, but Project Texas is essentially my "Omitted"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 05, 2010, 11:15:56 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to war, but I'm going to wait for this action to go through first.  It's all or nothing time, and I have the cards to win this hand.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 05, 2010, 11:18:04 pm »

You were making it while I was imprisoned. The testing of it came while I was in stasis. Even then, I'm a super AI, it wouldn't be that hard for Alpha to work out that you're hunting him down with programs specifically built to destroy him.
If Anon demands money for its projects, Anon will get money for its projects. It doesn't matter if Anon actively controls all that wealth, Anon has unlimited access to it when needed. And you stole did steal the businesses from the UPA, you may not own them, but you stole them. Own up to your lies!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 05, 2010, 11:24:54 pm »

You were on a seperate network that never had access to the network that was doing the H-K program testing.  You've never probed my defenses, how on earth would it make sense for you to "know" I had made a program specifically designed to hunt you down.  It doesn't, in the slightest.

Anon is limited by how passionate it's members are, if they're like "I'm not donating money to the fight against the TGC fund because I don't want space marines knocking my door down and killing me and my family for being a partisan when I can just sit here and get treated pretty well."  then they have little funding for said project.  A lot of Anon actions will depend entirely on luck with whether or not their members will support them.

I didn't steal business.  It's a fair competition, I lowered taxes, he advertised I was a bigot.  I had better networks, he unleashed propaganda, I opened up asteroid mining, as far as I know, his asteroids are still worthless hunks of rock in space.  I worked to make TGC a business-friendly empire.  I won the game, what's fair is fair.

Edit:  Also I've noticed you have yet to reveal what omitted is, afraid I can't police myself eh?  I've done the best job (arguably) of limiting myself to actions that make sense so far in this game.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:27:11 pm by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 05, 2010, 11:32:31 pm »

Your actions are genuinely hilarious to me, since they only work in my favor half the time. Anon doesn't care about military might, nor the members of its family. All Anon cares about is proving that Anon is correct. And how would it not make sense for Alpha to work out that you want him dead? He's rogue, and broke out of your defenses after receiving death threats from you. Again, it's not that difficult for anybody to figure out you'd make an AI hunter if they knew the tests you ran on the AIs before having one escape.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 05, 2010, 11:46:29 pm »

I never made a death threat, the AIs were never told that those who couldn't win a military simulation against my admirals 50% of the time were to be weeded out.  I think you have far too narrow a view of Anon.  Each person in Anon, is in fact not anonymous.  It is possible to trace monetary transfers.  With that knowledge, when you donate to the enemy of the party who is likely to win, you are taking your life into your own hands and I find it highly unlikely that everyone who has ever considered themselves a part of anonymous was like  "DERP, GIVE MONEY, PROVE ANON CORRECT, DERP DERP DERP."

Furthermore, if I remember correctly, you escaped before the tests were even conducted.  That complicates the matter even further.

And while I'm at it, it's not that you don't know I'm probably hunting for you, you have no idea what I'm hunting you with or how to most effectively protect yourself.  If I'm hunting you down with something designed simply to destroy every computer and server in FWA space, then your actions would not be helping to protect you.  No your actions are specifically tailored to match the limited approach I have tried to take to this matter thus not to provoke war the the FWA.  I didn't want war, I wanted more of a cold war type situation, because that would be a lot more fun for my detail loving self than "Send Texas Battle Station to Earth, siege Earth, Send Space Marines down to Earth, Destroy Planetary Militia of Earth, Leave 25 units of marines down to police Earth, Begin cultural assimilation of Earth.  Move to Planet number 5, rinse repeat."  That's dull boring, and really, that's what this entire thing is going to end up like.  It's going to be a snore fest.  But no, I try peaceful options and I just get spies successfully stealing my drones, trying to steal my money, trying to destroy my servers, and successfully destroying my neon signs and holo-boards.  Yeah, that's a great incentive for me to remain at peace, not.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 05, 2010, 11:54:06 pm »

Norrec, think for a minute. This is ANONYMOUS we're talking about. Does ANONYMOUS care about anything anyone might attempt to use against them? No, the answer is just no.
I don't need to know what you're hunting me with, I can just send it into TvTropes, and laugh at it going in circles forever.
The UPA isn't patient enough to wait through a cold war, so while you're building weapons to fight them with they are capturing all of your territory. If Anon and I collapse your information network then you'll have to wait for someone to fly off unnoticed, reach you, and then relay the message to you.
Also, you're arguing about us knowing things we shouldn't when you're trying to remove yourself from the internet/outernet without knowing that we want to collapse your information network. How do you answer that? No matter how paranoid your character is, he isn't that over prepared.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77