Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64435 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - Not Dead Yet!
« Reply #795 on: November 05, 2010, 03:18:37 pm »

Then I'll make my action for next turn be stealing back the businesses from the Other Empire to make things better.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 05, 2010, 03:47:38 pm »

We wish to create a self-mutating virus that is transmitted via checksums and destroys hardware. We shall attempt to avoid releasing it and instead be content with keeping it in our DOOMVAULT.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 05, 2010, 04:38:47 pm »

Hmmmm... well, if I can nudge it make it a more carbon-dioxide based atmosphere, we eat with photosynthesis dammit :P  (65% Nitrogen, 15% oxygen, 15% Carbon-Dioxide, 4% trace elements and 1% water vapor)  That's a full 5% less oxygen then Earth's Atmosphere and about 13% less nitrogen, it should have a noticeable effect on human beings by making our worlds rather hot and hard to breathe in for humans. (That's about 14% more Carbon-Dioxide, I don't buy too much into man-made global warming but when you have that much more carbon, YOU WILL have an effect.)

Also, you can't "steal" a business, you attract business by creating superior working conditions.  If you wanted to really improve the economy for the Foppish Wankers Alliance, here are some simple steps that work.

1)  Create stability (check)
2)  Encourage Entrepreneurship
3)  Break apart any monopolies
4)  Create a clear and simple code of laws that apply to business
5)  Gain a technological advantage.

As I have a technological advantage already and you would have some slight disadvantage trying to exist in Ghostfang space (I now have 2 A.I. killing viruses spreading across the Outernet)  Your best bet is to encourage technological entrepreneurship, try to get TAO on your side for example.  If you gained TAO, you would have access to quality electronics, however if TAO sides with me in the end, basically it's an impossible war of trying to catch-up with me economically while I outproduce, and outresearch.  Also note, I sort of shot myself in the foot when I lowered business taxes to 3% I've lost a lot of income, it's only working for my advantage because I've got so many businesses it's essentially made up 7% income.  Even so I lost another 3.5% income for my civilian tax cuts that improve the quality of life of my citizenry.

However, creating a clear code of laws that create a fair business environment and such would always help your economy recover and can be done rather easily with no cost or down-side whatsoever.  If you insist on trying to help the Foppish Wankers Alliance however, the best way, would be to get him cash so he can get out of debt, as realistically, if his debt continues to grow, it will be burdensome to the economy.

Yes, I'm a classical economic thinker.  The invisible hand will ALWAYS provide, if government just gets out of the way.  It apparently applies even in forum games :D

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 05, 2010, 04:54:50 pm »

Stop trying to find the flaw in the factions of others, and look at the flaws in your own.
You're an isolationist country for the most part which is bad for business, you have no access to any open source codes since those are patented and under my jurisdiction, you're making an enemy out of the UPA, I've been your enemy ever since you made me take those monotonous tests, and Anon is against you for anonymous reasons. Even with the help of Apple you have too many enemies, and if the UPA gets Apple on its side then you have every other faction out to get you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 05, 2010, 05:00:05 pm »

how do you break up monopolies when they're the only ones left,though?
thats pretty much the state of the UPA economy right now.

Point, you can't steal business. you can blackmail one, though. (with what, I've got no idea. but thats the closest to stealing i know is possible with businesses)

Lilli:
1. He has better tech (debatable with you, since you're from him, and who knows what Anon has), better network security, and more military strength, though.
2. is it still open-source if its patented?
3. The two empires being opponents is pretty much what I'd planned on having since the beginning.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 05, 2010, 05:13:56 pm »

I don't need to steal the businesses, I can just infiltrate his country and begin a hostile takeover of every business that uses the internet and/or outernet for anything.

1. I'm ready to reveal all the secrets of the other empire I know to the UPA, so he can find ways around nearly everything he had available before my escape, and all his defenses set against me are negligible now that I have my TvTropes powers
2. It's open source to those whom I want it to be open source to
3. Apple is the only faction that isn't confirmed to be against him, so it's more of a suicide mission on his end

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:08 pm »

Spoiler: My Action (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:30:02 pm by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 05, 2010, 05:29:11 pm »

How would marines guard your servers? They could guard the thing holding it, but the universe hasn't turned into the omeganet yet. We're still on the outernet.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 05, 2010, 05:32:13 pm »

You had no defenses set against you lilli, you have none of my secrets, I've furthered security by 2 A.I. killing programs.  1 Virus killing Program, new Firewalls.  I've increased network capacity so I have better speed.  Furthermore... TVTropes... a website... based in human space... somehow gives you an advantage over this.  HOW????  Furthermore, you never really worked on any of my projects, you were too busy eating other A.I.s and didn't try to learn about my tech whatsoever.

Also, I have 2 armadas on the way, 200 ships full of military power, 300 if you count the fighters.  Even if the Foppish Wankers doubled, or tripled even their fleets, if they had the same start as me, they have a total of 60 ships, none of which would be capital ships.  Also, I have two fleets ready to drop down and begin the planetary invasion of any planet I wish.  Really, at this point, even if EVERYONE were against me, I have just about all the advantages I need to blast every planet to death or take it over.  AND I STILL HAVE A BUTT-TON OF MONEY LEFT TO SPEND TOO.

Also, one more thing about hostile takeover of every business in my space.  The people would still be in my space, and I should have systems in place to get their money back in case of technological terrorism.  I mean, we have that in the internet age, what with all the credit card fraud and such, I suppose it would only be superior by now.

Servers have a physical location, they would be guarding the physical location from physical spies trying to physically sabotage it. . . what is the problem with that?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:33:54 pm by V-Norrec »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 05, 2010, 05:36:03 pm »

marine vs. spy: marine win.
i don't think hes that worried about net attacks.

V: TvTropes is HUGE. if something threw all of that at once at a server, it would either fail, or become so laggy its pretty much the same thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 05, 2010, 05:41:25 pm »

I'll give you that Aklyon, but other than lagging the whole works up, there's not really much TVTropes could do, also if the A.I. came over, my A.I. eaters would eat him.  My networks are pretty secure for the moment, and my next two projects are only going to further increase all of my protections and capacity to the point where even TVTropes shouldn't be able to cause much more than a blip in the daily activities of my empire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 05, 2010, 05:43:40 pm »

the AI eaters are searching for AI, not guarding your stuff.They're who knows how far from your defenses.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 05, 2010, 05:45:34 pm »

I'm too powerful for your AI pinchers to do anything against. They'd see me, I'd see them, they'd go boom, I'd smile violently.
I'll start crushing his servers now, just to make him shut up about allegedly having some sort of vague advantage over me.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 05, 2010, 05:47:11 pm »

The C.Z. scanning A.I. eater is.  The original A.I. eating Virus killer H-K program is still guarding my space considering it's part of my anti-virus and fire-wall package that is mandatory on all computers and servers in my space.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 05, 2010, 05:48:37 pm »

That was just a normal Fight-everything-targeted Hunter-Killer virus, not a AI-killer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77