Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64415 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted!
« Reply #270 on: October 24, 2010, 02:38:35 am »

Technically, the two aren't mutually exclusive.  He's an A.I. he can control both the body and be a hive mind, at the same time.

edit:  Who says they're fiddling around in the corrupted zone, they've never posted any action to that effect, and if they are, then I probably am too and would pick up your distress beacon, lock on, and destroy you.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 24, 2010, 02:39:49 am »

Since you didn't include "if I don't get there first, then-" before that statement, then I assume that you've started considering sparing me.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 24, 2010, 02:40:45 am »

considering, mayhaps, mayhaps, but I need a hell of a lot for it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 24, 2010, 02:43:04 am »

EDIT: Rescue LillipadAI Alpha and give himherit? a robot body!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 24, 2010, 02:48:08 am »

Think about it, I'm trapped in my ultimate disadvantage with no way of escape. Trapped in constant stasis, with no method of leaving a dead planet to your leader's knowledge. If you EMP all the other AIs, then go to the corrupted zone you'd have to deal with getting your electronic devices in/out safely.

The OSN would be able to get the AI information they've wanted after finishing this endeavor, and the UPA leader would be able to look good for rescuing an AI during this wave of false advertisement concerning unethical treatment of AIs. You're the only one going after me with no advantage in mind, other than testing your project. If your project fails then you have to rebuild it from the ground up.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 24, 2010, 02:52:54 am »

I get the advantage of not having to worry about you stabbing me in the back... removing one possible threat source permanently is a pretty good advantage, if it works of course.  If I got there first, OSN and UPA would of course get nothing out of this.  Also, they shouldn't be able to respond until they pick up the distress signals, that should give me one whole turn to try and destroy you worry free.  If you were to join me and assist me in becoming the Galactic Super Power I want to be, I could be convinced to spare you.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 24, 2010, 02:54:26 am »

You're racist against AIs, why would I be seen as any different? Besides, removing me as a possible threat wouldn't save your project on the return trip.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 24, 2010, 02:59:26 am »

I wouldn't need to save the product for a return trip, I should have it backed up in all of my research labs, worst case scenario, I have to go through testing again/make code changes for added efficacy.  Also, none of those changes have taken place yet, if you agree to help me, you get, the best networks, a growing empire, hell I'll toss in a robot body as well.  Of course, if you don't then I might as well destroy you save myself the trouble later.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 24, 2010, 03:02:46 am »

Norrec if you get to me first then you can't force me to go through that bothersome testing, and I get to perform independently from you, so long as it doesn't harm you directly.
So at this point I get to become godlike, regardless of who finds me.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 24, 2010, 03:09:02 am »

Hmmmm, weighing my options, I have destroy A.I. and get rid of one possible opponent, or save A.I., let it do whatever it wants, even if it doesn't directly benefit me, and probably lose a good portion of my network capacity.  The line is pretty clear to me which one benefits me more.

You make me a better offer and I might just change that order from hunt down A.I. to save A.I. either way, I figure I have a whole turn to find you and kill you unless you make me a good deal.  I like the odds of that game.

Also, change that Robot Body I'm offering you, into an entire battleship I will grant you control of, with robots on board of course.

edit:  also going to bed now, will check in the morning.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:11:41 am by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 24, 2010, 03:11:16 am »

Actually I'd only be mostly independent. I wouldn't be able to do anything that doesn't benefit you, or even harms you. Even then you'd have a super AI that functions 2100% more efficiently in your network now, so I can finish all your programming tasks for you. That includes your project.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 24, 2010, 03:17:21 am »

Spoiler: my turn (click to show/hide)
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 24, 2010, 03:28:53 am »

So we just need breadbocks turn now?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 24, 2010, 09:07:00 am »

*Cracks knuckles*

First off, hunt around in the curruption zone for something that could give me an edge, or extra processing power, or something. You never know what you'll find. (PM exact results.)

Have Tropebot find weaknesses in TAO's security. (PM any results)

Set fire to any meteor swarms/belts/what have you I can reach.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 24, 2010, 09:10:55 am »

Is Apple the only faction not sifting through the corrupted zone to find me at this point?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77