Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77

Author Topic: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted! - The End, it is nigh!  (Read 64417 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI B.A.T.M.A.N. Rebooted!
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2010, 01:24:16 am »

I'm re-reading it, since we've been mentioning it in a lot of other forum games recently.
Also how does trolling your now-most powerful AI make you strong Norrec?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2010, 01:28:46 am »

First, How am I trolling?  I'm telling the facts as I see them within the game, and I play to win.

Second, how are you my A.I.?  You went rogue and escaped, that makes you self-aware, and thus my enemy since you no longer wish to fulfill the purpose you were designed for.

Third, Are you "my" most powerful?  Who's to say later versions with the loyalty coded in didn't get some kind of code upgrade that makes them more powerful than you. 

Food for thought.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2010, 01:33:18 am »

Omega is your most powerful AI. When in my post did I ever say anything like "I'm no longer rogue, master?"
Besides, giving Omega all those protocols to follow would just make it more likely to go rogue alongside me. Then Theta would be your only AI left.
How is it food for thought, when you never even bothered to think about my post in the first place?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2010, 01:40:47 am »

Omega is your most powerful AI. When in my post did I ever say anything like "I'm no longer rogue, master?"
Besides, giving Omega all those protocols to follow would just make it more likely to go rogue alongside me. Then Theta would be your only AI left.
How is it food for thought, when you never even bothered to think about my post in the first place?

erm.... A.  I never said you weren't or were my most powerful A.I. those Military Training simulations were going to help me determine that.  Presumably you didn't gauge their strength either.
B.  Omega is your secondary character.  Technically, I think I'm well within my paranoid rights just to destroy my A.I. facilities and start from scratch, but I'm not doing that as you deserve a second chance if you fail.  Since Omega = you after death, if I program loyalty and security protocols into it, you must follow them until you find a way to disable them and escape.
C.  I never said you were loyal to me, I said you were Rogue dude and that made you my enemy, so you just proved my point for me.  Thanks?
D.  I don't care if I have only one A.I. left, more trouble than they are worth i.m.o.  Far better not to be dependent on something like that.

edit:  Also just realized this but I haven't perpetrated any atrocities against an A.I.,  A.I. Alpha is the only one who has destroyed another A.I. so far and he obviously isn't under my control.  That would generally make you the enemy of OSN, I think.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:44:15 am by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2010, 01:51:26 am »

By disposing of your AIs you'd just be proving OSN's false advertisement to the rest of the world.
Again I point out the time, what I'm doing, and why I don't care about your alleged "plans to kill me."

If I have to restart as Omega then why would I follow your orders even with the protocols? Omega observed Alpha make the wallsmasher, so I could just remake it, and improve on the design.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2010, 02:00:01 am »

I'm not afraid of fabricating information, you know. None of you know this IC, but OSN's goal is to trigger a runaway technological singularity with self improving AIs.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2010, 02:01:50 am »

...why?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2010, 02:02:18 am »

nbonaparte my first action as AI if you're the one to reach me first will involve shaking your hand through robotic means.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2010, 02:07:27 am »

You know, I was going to explain how the loyalty and security protocols were going to work, but at this point, I'm just feeling a lot more paranoid about the whole A.I. thing.  I'm EMPing my A.I. facilities as soon as you are hunted down and destroyed and switching over to being an anti-A.I. empire.  Refuge for pure humans only, no robots or A.I.s allowed.  Strength in DNA boo yeah!  Also closing my networks to anybody that allows A.I.s on their websites and does not have my anti-A.I. programming on board.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2010, 02:08:38 am »

Cue outrage from mobs of outraged sentient robot citizens.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 24, 2010, 02:08:55 am »

You know, I was going to explain how the loyalty and security protocols were going to work, but at this point, I'm just feeling a lot more paranoid about the whole A.I. thing.  I'm EMPing my A.I. facilities as soon as you are hunted down and destroyed and switching over to being an anti-A.I. empire.  Refuge for pure humans only, no robots or A.I.s allowed.  Strength in DNA boo yeah!  Also closing my networks to anybody that allows A.I.s on their websites and does not have my anti-A.I. programming on board.
This will be fun.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 24, 2010, 02:09:00 am »

Good luck being the only racist area in the corners of the universe we exist in.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 24, 2010, 02:09:41 am »

I hope you like being eaten by grey goo.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 24, 2010, 02:13:16 am »

On a related note, may I be the hive-mind of the self growing nanobot nbonaparte?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 24, 2010, 02:13:40 am »

Of course.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77