Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Umomcerol, megaproject?  (Read 792 times)

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
Umomcerol, megaproject?
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:25:41 pm »

Ok, so last time I attempted a megaproject (long time ago), a lone yeti broke through the floodgate system, flooding the lower sectors of the tower, and killed most of the population. So after purging all of my corrupted df folders, I decided to start over and this time with a whole new focus, what that is yet, I don't know. I need some ideas as to what to strive for. The only Idea I really have is a giant obsidian cast tower, but the time required to build the cast and the pump stack instantly turns that idea off. Heres an overseer image of the map, which is very very flat and very dense, and full of trees:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Prospector results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Which means this region is very rich in resources, with a ample supply of flux, iron, and coal/fuel, as well as gems, platinum, gold, silver, copper, and almost every other resource. With a region like this it makes almost any project possible. Any ideas? I can upload region if requested.

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
Re: Umomcerol, megaproject?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 09:45:26 pm »

Exploratory mining reveals at least 20 clusters of magnetite... 20... And plenty of coal and lignite for a massive steel industry...

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 09:46:00 pm »

Steel magma cannon.  8)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 10:13:10 pm »

Currently building an obsidian farm to be able to supply quick access for the forts future expansion.

Xerillum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 10:44:07 pm »

2 giant arms on either side of your entrance giving those damn elves the middle finger. Bonus points for making it entirely out of wood.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 11:03:42 pm »

Pave the map in black bronze. How big is the map? 4x4? If so, you'll need 9216 gold/silver (easily gotten) and 18432 copper (also easy).

Start smelting tetrahedrite.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 06:07:38 am »

I'll definitely be using a ton of obsidian and Steel in the creation of this fortress. Black bronze you say? Interesting...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 11:31:02 am »

Am I the only one who thinks that "Umomcerol" sounds like some kind of new pharmaceutical product?

(Maybe you could do something with that concept; maybe build a huge hospital with gold chains in all the traction benches or something. I dunno...)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 11:46:08 am »

Am I the only one who thinks that "Umomcerol" sounds like some kind of new pharmaceutical product?

(Maybe you could do something with that concept; maybe build a huge hospital asylum with gold steel chains in all the traction benches or something. I dunno...)
Fixed. Given the dwarven OCD, ADHD and "patient not resting" cancellations, majority of their pharmaceutical products is sedatives, and everything else is antidepressants.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 11:55:25 am »

Gigantic sword stabbing into the ground, made of black bronze.

STRIKE THE EARTH.