Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 140889 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: PHOENIX DOWN!
« Reply #1275 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:11 pm »

Phoenix down, you win an internet!  :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 12, 2011, 10:35:02 pm »

oohmygod! its back! but I dont know how to install mods :c

I suppose i'll learn.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 12, 2011, 10:44:48 pm »

oohmygod! its back! but I dont know how to install mods :c

I suppose i'll learn.
1. Get WinRAR, or 7zip.
2. download this.
3. push Windows key + R, and type %appdata% in the window. a new window should appear with a minecraft folder inside it.
4. READ THE README from the above download.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: WE'VE GOT PISTONS
« Reply #1278 on: July 12, 2011, 10:46:50 pm »

Speaking of screenshots, someone asked to see the sandworms.

Spoiler: The spice must flow (click to show/hide)

It's highly amusing to see this, given that I'm currently reading Dune.

Me too. Just finished it. We need stilsuits for minecraft.

Indeed and some Ornis. When you finish dune, try out the prequels, they are great aswell.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: THE BEST AT REDSTONE
« Reply #1279 on: July 17, 2011, 12:25:26 pm »

Bump.  Added RedPower (and more recently updated it, you'll need to redownload them [or the combined archive] as of right now and make sure you remove the older versions from the /mods folder in order to connect) for super-redstone.
Quote from: IRC
<Jay>   7 segment display in vanilla Minecraft: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3536/hexto7segredstone.png
<Jay>   7 segment display with RedPower: http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3655/hexto7segredpower.png
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 23, 2011, 11:01:34 am »

Bump, with a warning,.
EDIT: Upgraded to BC 1.7.3.3 without a hitch.
Will start a new map with RedPower 1.6 and PhoenixTerrain 1.7 once they're both out, so there's that.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:59:19 pm by Jay »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 25, 2011, 12:53:50 pm »

Heard on the IRC that once Buildcraft 2 comes out we might need to restart... but it looks AWESOME! Engines are a good idea. Allow basic Buildcraft opperations with constant redstone and demand resources to run more powerfull engines for powerfull stuff.

I wonder if IC miners on extractor mode work with modded liquids...

Oh, and I hope oil is flammable/etc! Make the enterence to your base need slogging through an oil pool with a murderhole above for lava dumping. Enemy = Broiled, shallow-fried, and magmatized!

I've been thinking for a while about the utility of gas/smoke grenades in Minecraft. Seeing as it is a voxel game, effects should be easily able to hug walls...
I was thinking that 4 torches + a slimeball + 4 sugar could make a smoke bomb that is thrown like an egg and spawns a block of "5smoke" that spawns "4smoke" in air around it and degrades to "4smoke".
Continue this pattern and make higher value blocks randomly spread to lower value ones (3 next to 5 = 4 next to 4) (this will cause some switching back and forth with blocks only one level different) and make "1smoke" vanish over time like unsupported leaves.

The effect is that a bunch of blocks spread out from the impact point, following terrain, and then vannish once spread too thinly.

There could be standard torch+slimeball+sugar opaque smoke, unbreathable torch+slimeball+ink sac smoke, and damaging torch+slimeball+gunpowder+redstone smoke.

This oil stuff is making me think of even nastier stuff, but I don't think giving the average minecraft player fuel-air bombs is a good idea.
... maybe if they didn't cause terrain damage and wasted the bucket too... and required gunpowder. Just spreading, incindiary smoke...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 25, 2011, 02:15:12 pm »

Fuel-air bombs actually don't cause much damage to the environment.They're mainly for destroying a large swath of unarmored or lightly armored structures like buildings, light vehicles, and infantry. The explosion makes a lot of pressure, but it's (relatively) light pressure spread out over a much wider area than a normal bomb.

Honestly, though, I think all the stuff you mentioned would be an absolute nightmare lag-wise. And that's not counting all the dumbasses who would spam the things. Who knows, though, maybe it could work.
Nothing important here, move along.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 25, 2011, 03:49:28 pm »

Yeah, I think now that the equizilant of an aerosolized Molotov wouldn't break blocks. Still would be fun seeing people go 'Oh BLEEP! GRENADE!" and getting totally atomized by a hallway suddenly full of "!!Oil smoke!!". Actualy, a slow-moving incinderary gas would be pretty cool. Magma mist grenade anyone?

Be pretty epic to use smoke bombs during a retreat too...

I still don't think that smoke would lag too much more than a similar volume of liquid flows... It would clean itself up too, rather than staying. Basicly, I don't mean that they should spread all at once, but one block at a time like water, just in multiple directions at once.

They should be pretty useless on open ground (walk away) but in tunnells they are funnelled in one or two directions, so should be more dangerous. Smoke is only obscuring, not really griefable if not spammable to lagging levels; suffocating is only really usefull to smoke somone out of a room; damaging is simply a more powerfull suffocating. Incindiary/blasting would be the only griefable ones, but as long as gunpowder and something else expensive is needed and they are slow to spam they should be fine.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 25, 2011, 05:28:22 pm »

Well, still, we're not exactly a combat server. Unless the things were useful against mobs (fucking creepers) there's little chance of them being used much here.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 06, 2011, 03:34:29 pm »

Bump.  Big updates, and the server is finally running again to test them.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 06, 2011, 05:35:20 pm »

Oooh, what updates?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 06, 2011, 06:21:57 pm »

Check the spreadsheet at the first post.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 06, 2011, 10:07:12 pm »

Hey everyone,

• Jaycraft's IP has now changed! You can simply use "jaycraft.dyndns.org" to connect!
  • The server should now be 24/7! (barring any natural disasters/acts of God/acts of ISP)

As always, the latest news and the server IP address can be found in the first post of this thread.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:08:50 pm by Logical2u »
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 07, 2011, 05:07:08 pm »

Edit: server is back now. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:59:50 pm by Logical2u »
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 94