Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 140823 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Leader in server innovation!
« Reply #780 on: December 12, 2010, 11:12:57 pm »

Bump.
New sub-title.
Everything is going quietly here in Gold3/Snowville/whatever.
Soulconomy is fully functional as near as I can tell.  No other server has it!
Soul is starting work on an RPG plugin that will make us even more unique.
Rockets? Really? I want.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 13, 2010, 12:18:32 am »

No rockets, but maybe fireballs, who knows? ;P

Now, as part of the RPG plugin making, I will be holding a contest.

I need a list of:
Generic adjectives - That can be used with nearly anything, eg.: God-like, noob, mediocre
Combat related adjectives - That represents combat prowess or lack thereof, eg.: Brutal, weak, unskilled
Combat related verbs - Represents combat actions, eg.: Killer, tickler, destroyer
Generic abstract nouns - Again, that can be used with anything, eg.: Love, insanity, happiness
Combat abstract nouns - I think you get the point, eg.: Doom, sorrow, pain

The thing is, I want them ready to use. Therefore, they should all be lower caps and each be rated from 1 to 10. If you're not sure what rating it should have, guesstimate the closest number you think it should apply.
1 - Really bad at it or beginner.
5 - Average, getting the hang of it.
10 - god-like, master, holyfuckmacaroni.

To help you figure out what's appropriate combat related stuff should fit this phrase for example:
The <adjective> creeper <verb> of <abstract noun>
eg.: The beginner creeper tickler of boredom

For non-combat, imagine a creeper walking around:
The <adjective> creeper of <abstract noun>
eg.: The happy creeper of doom

You can also submit phrase formats like the ones above and you will get prizes for them as well.

Speaking of that, to submit, simply PM me with a list. I know there will be a lot of duplicate entries, so the first one to submit a given word/phrase format, receives the prize for it. There's no time limit, since I will add new categories over time. Also, be creative, they can be silly, serious, or disturbing, just like in Elona.

Oh, and the prize is a random block for each word. Completely random. Can be anything from a smooth stone to a diamond block or maybe a golden apple... Or some leather pants, who knows.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Wicked Terrain!
« Reply #782 on: December 13, 2010, 12:41:25 am »

Why would the minecart tracks need redstone? Intersections use chat commands and a launcher would best be operated with a closed circuit centered directly under the chest.

No idea - I'm just rolling with what Electronics suggested.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #783 on: December 13, 2010, 02:32:40 am »

I was thinking along the lines of automation, you hit a button at the central station, and the cart goes straight to that place passing other stations. Wireless wouldn't work due to chunks not loading therefore not updating the redstone at the end station before you get there.
1=0

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 13, 2010, 04:28:42 am »

That'll get complicated, even with ICs and the programmable one.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #785 on: December 13, 2010, 11:40:04 am »

It's easy, I planned it out in less than 5 minutes. OK time to get building! The minecart main station needs to be near spawn, I'll start building the base, enough to make the automation and then we can make it look fancy. Can the minecart tracks be transferred to my store? or start building double tracks with two layers of redstone with repeaters to your place you want to join.
1=0

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 13, 2010, 02:10:00 pm »

whuuuuuh.

Dude, its much easier to just have a two-way split, that takes you to either of the two next stations.

It can be done extremely easy and works well enough to make the launcher and the track-switcher work on the same button.

Reaching the grand station line is great and all, but I would prefer the button setup.
Or maybe the button setup when not at the main station : O

Not that I really care, I haven't picked out a town or anything.

Will the main station be at the spawn?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 13, 2010, 02:40:55 pm »

If we have a main station I call dibs on it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 13, 2010, 03:29:16 pm »

Anyone else having connection trouble with the server?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 13, 2010, 05:27:30 pm »

Electronics, I'll start dumping tracks into your storage.

Also, has anyone encountered the /store having a maximum slot usage of 22, even though it's supposed to be infinite? I was transferring two inventories worth of stuff, and for some reason once I was using 22 slots I couldn't use any more.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 13, 2010, 06:14:35 pm »

I know that this is probably the wrong thread, but is there a single player Movecraft?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #791 on: December 13, 2010, 07:32:28 pm »

Train routing: What about stopping the cart just before a two-way split, with a switch that determines the direction, and a button to start moving again?
Eh?
Eh!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 13, 2010, 07:38:39 pm »

Jay can't connect to bay12, apparently, so I'll post this message about the mobs: NPCs were the apparent cause of server crashes, so mob spawning has been disabled.

Also, there is health regen, similar to that of Peaceful difficulty.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 13, 2010, 07:48:10 pm »

Train routing: What about stopping the cart just before a two-way split, with a switch that determines the direction, and a button to start moving again?
A system for handling that automatically was added in a recent version: Chat commands for intersections.

I was thinking along the lines of automation, you hit a button at the central station, and the cart goes straight to that place passing other stations. Wireless wouldn't work due to chunks not loading therefore not updating the redstone at the end station before you get there.
There's no use of the wireless receiver gate involved because you choose the direction when you reach the intersection. I don't see what's wrong with using that system and putting signs at intersections saying which direction goes where. In the end it means you have more redstone to use for alchemy once Soul's RPG plugin is finished.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 14, 2010, 01:46:25 am »

I have performed science on airships and discovered the following.

1: Since an airship works by literally deconstructing and reconstructing the entire object, entity-specific tracking is (pretty obviously, in hindsight) broken. Ergo: no stuff in chests and no stuff in furnaces while an airship is in motion!
2: Oddly shaped airships (or maybe half blocks?) can interact badly with ground and snow, resulting in them being eaten!
3: Objects on top of fences do not count as a connected to the body of the airship. However, fences themselves do work properly.
4: Minecart tracks are deleted if on an airship - the shape of the track (ie: a curve or straightaway) is probably entity specific, and thus not tracked properly, resulting in their deletion.

Either point 1 or point 4 accounts for the fact that you can't use doors on an airship. They get deleted. Signs for some reason work fine. There's probably a way it can track what was on the sign and just continuously rewrite it while in motion.

Hopefully this will be of to interest to other airship users.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 94