Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 141143 times)

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Carts For Everyone!
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2010, 01:22:59 am »

Eh. I guess if I could talk someone into cuboiding me a hole in the ground to remake Freefall tower I could get behind it. Digging any significant hole down to the bedrock is entirely too time consuming to do by hand again, even with warp points and immortality to speed things up.

I kinda' like the random holes in constructions, though, for all that the loss of folks' work is a bit disheartening.

Isn't freefall tower mostly fine? I climbed up it no problem. Or is the middle reverted?
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2010, 01:32:30 am »

Nah, all I lost was half of asymmetric hall (which is cool. Probably going to put up a sign and leave it like that) and like one line of blocks off the Gra Vegloo which left some fairly awesome floating torches. Most of my junk was untouched. I just don't want to have to dig the whole bloody thing again if we reset. Took well over an hour of straight digging to get that hole in the ground, and that was before I started putting up walls and crap.

If you're talking about the disheartening part, I wasn't saying I'm disheartened, per se. I'm fine with it. Seeing so much of other people's work go up in smoke is just a bit of downer.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:34:27 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2010, 02:12:57 am »

are we moving? i dont want to build anything if we are.
I got nothing

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2010, 03:29:04 am »

I don't mind moving if there's some notice (like, don't build between day X and Y because it won't be saved) but if we do another server reset... I don't know if I can take that, after building for days my project. It would be like what happened to you guys, except that someone would have done it on purpose.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2010, 04:14:31 am »

Oh man this whole week is cursed. First the cactus disaster, then this. What's next?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:00 am »

Blarg. And I just started to flourish my own project. It's that floating thing that looks like an inverted bell. Go inside and everything is covered with a pristine layer of swank. If it would somehow go to the next world that would be great, otherwise... blargy blarg. I'm willing to start a new world if people wish it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2010, 10:19:49 am »

While I'm fine with either staying or generating a new map, I've stated my opinion that it might be best to do a new map. Yes some people didn't lose much, but there are those who lost EVERYTHING, such as Logical2U, so it's going to be a tough decision for us as a server community.

Edit: Is something going on with the server? I'm trying to log in, but it keeps getting stuck on 'Logging In...'
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:31:40 am by smjjames »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:20 am »

the cactus disaster
I don't think you can quite attribute poor cuboid decisions to a curse...

It's actually looking pretty evenly split in terms of the reset at the moment.  I still need opinions from more of the playerbase.  If only I could reset the poll...
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:45 am »

but there are those who lost EVERYTHING, such as Logical2U,

Based on what I've seen I think I'm the only one that's lost all their stuff - although feel free to disprove me - and I'm not strongly opinionated one way or the other Re: New Map.

Re: Duke:
Based on what I've seen, your inverted bell is entirely untouched. There might be a random corner that's reverted but it still looks fine.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Tough Decisions Ahead!
« Reply #384 on: November 16, 2010, 10:28:15 am »

Just a question for Jay/Tylui. Is the current map stable? Will going to a new map fix anything or just reset it so everyone has to start over?

Edit: and yeah, I had 3 main things and they're all chopped roughly in half, but no real preference either way for me.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 16, 2010, 10:33:30 am »

Not sure about stable, I'm having trouble connecting atm, keeps going connection timed out.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 16, 2010, 11:16:41 am »

Oh I also lost all my stuff Logical.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2010, 11:22:30 am »

If we reset the map, can I make a building in and around spawn? It'll be pretty big. I've got this idea I want to try.

EDIT: Oh, and I still time out. Yaaaay.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:25:42 am by lordnincompoop »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 16, 2010, 11:25:13 am »

Anybody else having problems with logging in? Every time I try, it hangs for a minute or two and then says Connection Lost: Timed Out. I know its not my connection as the internet is working fine.

Edit: Other than Lordnincompoop in the above post anyway. Also, I sent a PM to Jay several minutes ago, so..... we're just going to have to wait.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:29:30 am by smjjames »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 16, 2010, 11:51:57 am »

Just a question for Jay/Tylui. Is the current map stable? Will going to a new map fix anything or just reset it so everyone has to start over?

It would be the same in terms of stability.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 94