Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 141098 times)

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Carts For Everyone!
« Reply #300 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:17 am »

I'm still working on designs for my ship. Turns complex 3D smoothcurves into complex 3D block-curves is REALLY FREAKING HARD.

On another note, I measured out how much room my ship will take up on a downloaded map of Jaycraft. I'll be building it in the air, but it'll cost shadow on most of my island and a good bit of the area to the west of where I plan on building it.

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~mcmillan/comp136/Lecture7/circle.html
It is not particularly difficult to turn this towards creating a sphere.
I actually have the basics of a program doing just that in block-space. However, it is drawing bulbous odd-shaped asteroids.

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:33 am »

It's.... It's gone...

All of it. Gone.
Poof. Just gone poof.

It wasn't gone 10 minutes ago. But now it is. Just like poof.
I can't take that. That shouldn't happen.

All that work and it's gone...

Wait what?

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2010, 08:36:51 am »

My whole temple has disappeared.

It's still on the map on the jaybud site but ingame it's gone. Everything. Even my tunnels.

The terrain is back to what it was before I worked on it.

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2010, 08:51:02 am »

Someone else's thing got cut in half.

Near as I can figure is some chunks got corrupted. A lot of chunks.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Witty Tagline That Changes!
« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2010, 09:08:53 am »

If you vote for me for OP '10-'11, I shall reducde cactus-related crashes by 50%!

You're op already, Duke. No sense in runing for a position you already have.  ::)

And what the hell happened.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2010, 09:17:16 am »

A chunk possibly got corrupted centered on my temple.

And it reverted to how it was before anyone changed it.

I refound the pumpkins I auctioned to Hacenten.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2010, 09:42:23 am »

Oh, my island. That's... interesting.  And it looks like it took one of my chests full of stuff with it. Hrm.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2010, 10:16:48 am »

Zuruku got hit bad by this, the quarry reverted to an earlier state, his crane is as well, yet my house, which is RIGHT NEXT DOOR is unchanged.

Better check the mines.

Edit: The magma digging project was reverted to an earlier state, but in general, the mines were untouched, ALL of my stuff is safe.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:22:21 am by smjjames »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2010, 10:27:55 am »

Wait, you mean the crane and the "public quarry"? That's... completely on the other side of the map. Which I guess doesn't necessarily mean anything, just a little interesting.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2010, 10:32:54 am »

Wait... you mean the crane and the public quarry? That's... completely on the other side of the map. Which I guess doesn't necessarily mean anything, just a little interesting.

Yes thats what I mean. If you remember what the quarry looked like, it was a deep large pit, now its a much smaller pit and not so deep. The crane is now almost nonexistent except for the base.

My house is intact (except for the magma area, which can just be remined), but it feels like such a kick in the nuts to see that happen to a neighbor and see my area intact. Not that I WANT to have that happen to me.

Still, I kind of want to see that crane and the quarry rebuilt to their former glory.

Oh yea, for some reason there was water leaking out of a hole in the magma area, but I plugged it up and the water (of which there was very little) dried out.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:52:07 am by smjjames »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Witty Tagline That Changes!
« Reply #310 on: November 15, 2010, 11:10:01 am »

If you vote for me for OP '10-'11, I shall reducde cactus-related crashes by 50%!

You're op already, Duke. No sense in runing for a position you already have.  ::)

And what the hell happened.
HAHAHAHA YOU FOOLS YOU ARE RUING THE DAY YOU GRANTED ME THE POWER TO CONSTRUCT THE TIME PORTAL.

But yeah, seriously, this kinda sucks. And is strange how different parts of the map can be so utterly wrecked. Like some evil force decided to bisect everything. Hopefully Jay has a backup.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2010, 11:12:15 am »

And we're experiencing a lot of lag right now. Strange.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2010, 11:16:38 am »

The server WAS acting badly several times yesterday, so, no idea whether that has anything to do with it. The water (of which there was very little) coming out of a hole near the magma was strange in itself since I didn't encounter water there before.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2010, 11:17:18 am »

Aand now I can't even log in. Keep timing out.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2010, 11:27:14 am »

Same here, timeout galore. And I was thinking it was just because lordnincompoop got pissed at me for duping  :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 94