Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 141094 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: No Map Reset Yet!
« Reply #525 on: November 20, 2010, 12:02:03 am »

... SoulConomy is an infinitely better name, I must say. Totally should change the unit of currency from dwarfbuck to soul.
Har. Hopefully I will touch it again this weekend and have a prototype we can play with.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 20, 2010, 09:44:21 am »

Some progress on the Corruption Memorial:

The memorial itself (the bigass sign) is finished, despite the problems with cuboid. Here you can see the beginnings of the glass-and-stone roof off to the left, with the fountains and reflecting pool framing the memorial proper.

Looking left from the previous shot, you can see one fountain and one of two large windows that will be on either side of the memorial.

Off to the right of the first shot is the second fountain and the spacing guide for the second window.

Here you can see the entrance on the right, leading back to Alway's Castle the the road from Spawn to the GuestZone. Also visible in the distance is the small maintenance building and the stairway to the roof, as well as the dock for my Worklight.

And for completeness, a final shot looking to the northeast. The gold-and-lightstone chandelier is my worklight/crane - I can build off of it and then fly the components into place with the /ufo control command.

TO-DO:
* Finish the roof.
* Pave the floor.
* Build scale models of the affected constructions in appropriate places.
* ???
* Profit.

And as usual, any supplies such as sand, coal, or glass are greatly appreciated - this is a public building (despite the cuboid covering half of it) and donations will grant you a Donor Plaque - the more you donate, the higher the worth of the block the plaque will be on.

Stone: 1 stack, total, of any useful material
Glass: 2.5 stacks, total, of any useful material
Iron: 5 stacks, total, of any useful material
Gold: 10 stacks, total, of any useful material
Diamond: 15 stacks, total, of any useful material
Obsidian: 20 stacks, total, of any useful material
Small (3x3x3) Shrine: 40 stacks, total, of any useful material
Large (5x5x5) Shrine: 50+ stacks, total, of any useful material

Donors So Far:
Keuran: Obsidian casting (Gold)
Derekisterow (sp?): Donated 5 stacks of sand and 1 stack of coal (Iron)
Jay: Removed (most of) the very annoying cuboid eating half the island. (Obsidian)

Useful Materials:
Sand
Coal
Smoothstone
Cobblestone
Obsidian
Glass

If you've donated stuff and I missed you, let me know.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 20, 2010, 11:16:57 am »

You, uh, got the date wrong.
It was the 15th.
And the 0 doesn't need the line through it, as there are not enough pixels to make that look decent.
Also, I'll chalk this up to regional differences in shorthand dating, but that date reads backwards to me.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 20, 2010, 12:38:37 pm »

Well, I can't fix it until I get access to that cuboid of mulvidon's that's in the way.

I have the date in Year-Month-Day format.

Also, lordnincompoop gained himself an extra-special Large Shrine by helping me (read: cuboid building, though I didn't ask him to (still very appreciated, though)) finish the roof of the memorial and donating 4 chests worth of stuff...only half of which was actually useful. The rest was dirt and cacti.

HlBeta also has the distinct honor of the first user to have a model of his building in the memorial, which was totally destroyed due to the Corruption.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 20, 2010, 12:57:12 pm »

Well, I can't fix it until I get access to that cuboid of mulvidon's that's in the way.
What?
Why?

The sign isn't in Mulvidia.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 20, 2010, 01:09:08 pm »

I feel so forgotten :P

You only last as long as your construction does it seems :P

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: IRC!
« Reply #531 on: November 20, 2010, 01:44:50 pm »

What's with the IRC title?
1=0

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 20, 2010, 01:52:19 pm »

What's with the IRC title?
We now have an IRC channel that is fully connected to the server chat itself.
Everything you say on the server is relayed to the channel, and vice versa.

Nome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 20, 2010, 03:33:00 pm »

From recent experiments with MoveCraft v0.4 (Boats v0.4), I have made the following conclusions:

1) Flying an airship 780 blocks in size that contains fences as part of its construction will cause half the server population to lag out so badly they disconnect.

2) Flying an airship 780 blocks in size that contains no fences will cause half the server population to lag heavily.  Not enough to disconnect them but definitely enough for them to complain about it.  A lot.

3) Flying an airship of 66 blocks in size (only 66 friggin blocks!) made up only of wood and glass STILL causes a few people to lag enough to complain about it.

On the plus side, it looks like we can move our airships in a vertical direction now.  So that's good.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 20, 2010, 03:39:17 pm »

From recent experiments with MoveCraft v0.4 (Boats v0.4), I have made the following conclusions:

1) Flying an airship 780 blocks in size that contains fences as part of its construction will cause half the server population to lag out so badly they disconnect.

2) Flying an airship 780 blocks in size that contains no fences will cause half the server population to lag heavily.  Not enough to disconnect them but definitely enough for them to complain about it.  A lot.

3) Flying an airship of 66 blocks in size (only 66 friggin blocks!) made up only of wood and glass STILL causes a few people to lag enough to complain about it.

On the plus side, it looks like we can move our airships in a vertical direction now.  So that's good.

If was you huh.  >:(

Nome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 20, 2010, 03:55:14 pm »

Hey, don't give me the frowney-face!  I wasn't doing anything against the rules and each step I took was an effort to reduce or remove the lag-inducing effects of flying airships.  Currently my airships are parked until a solution to this problem is figured out.

What bugs me the most is even the tiny 66 block airship - little more than a 5x5 room with windows - caused people to lag.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 20, 2010, 05:11:28 pm »

And here I am trying to do that with a mountain. Hehehe.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 20, 2010, 07:11:34 pm »

What?
Why?

The sign isn't in Mulvidia.

Part of it is. Don't recall exactly at what point my cuboid ends and his begins, but I can check.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 20, 2010, 07:36:22 pm »

Summon the lynch mob!
... and then it explodes!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 21, 2010, 12:44:45 am »

Mob standing by and awaiting orders, sir!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 94