Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 141113 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: No Map Reset Yet!
« Reply #480 on: November 17, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »

You do know that there's a whole zone 1.5 as big as the guestzone missing towards the east of the guestzone?

Aand this is why is should be looking at the map.

-_-

Those areas are talked about the most though.

I didn't notice the missing section before, but now that you mention it, wasn't there an extension of the map on that side before the Corruption?

Still, he has a point. When I was exploring westward, I saw LOTS of lighting errors. Also the bottom of the lake where that fishing platform (looks like a grey slab in the lake) had a really strange color pattern. I tried digging a square of it to see whether the light error would dissapear, it didn't.

Edit:@Jay: Would my digging out of that magma area and digging a tunnel under there have done that? I don't mean to implicate myself or bring wrath because I don't remember what time I did that and I'm sure plenty of people visited the quarry around then.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:53:33 pm by smjjames »

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:46 pm »

Wait... So me placing only 1 piece of redstone for my chrono trigger screwed up a place as big as 1.5 the guestzone?

Talk about a big impact.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 17, 2010, 05:57:28 pm »

Even then, nearly all of the places that were mentioned, I had never heard of or been to.

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 17, 2010, 06:45:26 pm »

If it was changed at all during the timeframe that Jay mentioned, it got fucked up.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 17, 2010, 07:01:42 pm »

I'm feeling cantankerous today. Thought ya'll should know.

Anyway, Jay pointed out to me that the palette is wrong on the maps because I haven't the newest c10t version. I noticed that last night, but it was too late at night for me to fix it. I'll do that this evening, and you'll see the difference at around 3:00 AM PST, because the script runs at 2:30, and takes a significant amount of time to download the world, then reupload the maps. If this seems inefficient to you folks, that's because it is, but avoids risking another world implosion.

Gara-nis was awesomely kind enough to make a beautiful batch script or two for me, which I will attach to the end of my automagic and we'll have a very fancy zooming party when all is said and done. But if I don't get to that tonight, I'll get to it tomorrow night.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 17, 2010, 07:53:14 pm »

If this seems inefficient to you folks, that's because it is, but avoids risking another world implosion.
Hahahahaha.

The maps were taking until 6:00 PST before.  Even what you're doing now is considerably faster.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 18, 2010, 12:47:28 am »

Argh - hit Mulvidon's cuboid again. I need one more block north of my island and another 13 blocks up from the top of my sign.

Also, is there a way to allow other people into the cuboid that is apparently mine? Kinda useless to have a public memorial with an area that the public can't access.

Sorry about asking for this - I misjudged the height of my sign at first.

EDIT: Apparently using boats (as in the crafted ones) causes the server to boot you - I was going down the aqueduct and got disconnected due an internal server error. Also, when I right-clicked to get out, I got stuck standing atop the boat.

Also Jaycraft has been very laggy lately - started lagging quite a bit in the afternoon on the 17th and is lagging to the point of almost unplayability early on the 18th (7AM MST).

EDIT@: Lagging as in I move the mouse and it takes a noticeable delay for the view to swivel, not to mention blocks frequently reappearing when removing them.

I also noticed a hole through the bedrock into the void at the bottom of the Temple of 0-0-0 - with a small chest stuffed full of gold blocks floating in midair in said void. It may look sealed now, but if you dig through the bottom of the shaft, you'll find nothing but empty space.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:13:29 am by dragonshardz »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 18, 2010, 10:32:53 am »

Lordnincompoop, what the hell did you do??? I'm now stuck!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 18, 2010, 10:40:18 am »

Lordnincompoop, what the hell did you do??? I'm now stuck!

I didn't do anything. Jeez.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 18, 2010, 11:00:59 am »

UhOh, I think the server just crashed.

Edit: Or maybe not, still, I lagged, then crashed and had a wierd error show up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:02:40 am by smjjames »

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #490 on: November 18, 2010, 03:15:45 pm »

Did the server just die?...
1=0

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #491 on: November 18, 2010, 04:26:54 pm »

I have stopped building and logging in almost completely due to the apparent indecision around new map or not. I notice the times I did try to log in, there were considerably less people on.

I recommend making a decision.
I got nothing

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 18, 2010, 04:44:28 pm »

Did the server just die?...

It was just some wierd error thing, Lordnincompoop said that kind of thing happens.

@Ductape: Jay said that going to a new map is unlikely, So I would say keep doing your normal stuff.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 18, 2010, 05:00:15 pm »

I have stopped building and logging in almost completely due to the apparent indecision around new map or not. I notice the times I did try to log in, there were considerably less people on.

I recommend making a decision.

Same general sentiment here. I would appreciate a definite answer from Jay.
... and then it explodes!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 18, 2010, 05:13:33 pm »

GRRR, anybody know how to fix the problem where digging sand doesn't give you blocks? I have plenty of space in my inventory.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 94