Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 140735 times)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Connection Not Crappy!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2010, 06:49:12 pm »

Great for duke , I am embarking upon a self imposed challenge of building one nice as possible house per a day, until I get good at making better looking things in minecraft,  will terraform the known world into a giant village
Thank you based dwarf.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2010, 10:13:14 pm »

Some things to note for the future.
-Wednesday -- End of Jaycraft on the Map contest
-Friday -- Apocalypse event1
-Sunday -- Halloween update2
-The week after3 -- NEW MAP

1We're going to blow this map up because of the new update
2Will break all of the special software in use, so this map can no longer function
3Whenever Hey0 is updated

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2010, 11:33:37 pm »

-The week after3 -- NEW MAP

I haven't asked Jay about this yet, but if possible and Jay's alright with it, I will be copying 2ish (Maybe more, maybe less) buildings for whoever asks it, so they don't feel they have wasted their work and hopefully, if all mods are updated correctly, I will be able to paste them wherever you guys would like on the new map.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 12:59:11 am »

PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT
To any and all interested!
After Jaypocalipse II and new map gen, I will construct this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes.  The entire Episode 1 (Knee Deep in the Dead, for those who care) set of Missions (levels) from the original Doom.  All the levels will be faithfully reconstructed from appropriatly colored materials and the entrance and exit doors for sequential missons will be connected.  My new skin will be:
If any are willing to help, I will have donaton bins at the entrance of E1M1 when the new map is up.  All materials and relevent items accepted.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Jayconomy!
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 07:42:01 pm »

Bump.  Implemented a dwarfbucks system to allow for further carry-over into the next map, once the stuff is updated.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 08:51:46 pm »

So mine out huge swaths of metaprojects and sell them into money for the next map? We'll be like the ancient robbers who stole the riches of the Egyptian tombs, or the barbarians who raided Greece.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 09:06:10 pm »

So mine out huge swaths of metaprojects and sell them into money for the next map? We'll be like the ancient robbers who stole the riches of the Egyptian tombs, or the barbarians who raided Greece.

I was gonna say, is there an explanation of what this means and how it works somewhere?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2010, 09:39:08 pm »

I was gonna say, is there an explanation of what this means and how it works somewhere?

What it means is that you can sell some rare items for "cash", which can be used to buy stuff - even on the new map. This'll put you "ahead of the pack" so to speak.
Type /shop help in the chat or /money help and you'll get more details.

Example prices: 10 bucks/cactus chunk to buy, 180 bucks per diamond block to sell, 300 to buy. 5000 bucks to buy TNT.

To make money, the suggested course of action is convince Jay to build a tower out of diamond blocks, make a power pick, and then mine it out.

That or convince people to pay exorbitant sums of cash for other goods.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 09:48:07 pm »

What it means is that you can sell some rare items for "cash", which can be used to buy stuff - even on the new map. This'll put you "ahead of the pack" so to speak.
Type /shop help in the chat or /money help and you'll get more details.

Example prices: 10 bucks/cactus chunk to buy, 180 bucks per diamond block to sell, 300 to buy. 5000 bucks to buy TNT.

To make money, the suggested course of action is convince Jay to build a tower out of diamond blocks, make a power pick, and then mine it out.

Ok, I was going to ask if this was already being (ab)used because of lag duplication bugs, etc, but it sounds like that kind of answers my question. I'll probably just start from scratch anyway. Thanks!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 09:51:50 pm »

And then people rush to Jays throne to steal the jewels it is made out of. Little do they know the curse set upon those who would touch the sacred mound.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 10:01:32 pm »

Ok, I was going to ask if this was already being (ab)used because of lag duplication bugs, etc, but it sounds like that kind of answers my question. I'll probably just start from scratch anyway. Thanks!

To be fair, when the diamond block tower occurred, I don't think Jay realized he would be putting in an economy.

@Duke: The throne is protected by cuboid so I'm pretty sure it can't be mined by anyone but Jay.... does... does that count as a curse?

And to be fair, most items are not very valuable. Eg: Sell 32 cobblestone for 5 bucks, that sort of thing. Only feathers, ores and diamonds - maybe redstone - are actually worth selling, and a large number of the remaining items cannot be sold.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Two Contests!
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »

Bumping.  Just opened up a screenshot contest, due on Friday.
JOTM contest is still open until Wednesday.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 08:27:40 pm »

AndrewHusse: ok i quit putting stuff on the internet forever because THE INTERNET CAN'T HANDLE ME

Oh, let's just play Minecraft while I wait for the mirror then!

Oh right the server is shutting done.

FULL NOSTALGIA MODE GO.

Then I crashed. And photobucket too.

So more later :p

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 09:01:46 pm »

THIS POST MADE USELESS.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:55:01 pm by Jay »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 10:03:05 pm »

Oh woe to you earth and sea,
cause on Friday we get TnT
Thank you based dwarf.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 94