Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 140832 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: Server Software Sucks!
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2010, 03:56:24 pm »

I wasn't on for this, although considering this hilarious exchange I would have loved to be on. Jay can check the records to find out for sure, but I'm willing to bet some hacker got some fire-making thing and caused some problems, and a mod decided that it would be bets to make a ton of flows.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2010, 04:11:24 pm »

I thought the server had Llamacraft. Doesn't that stop fires from happening?

The only way this could have happened with the mod on is via fire blocks, which either was brought in by a hacker or an op did it. I'm thinking it's the latter.

I don't remember if we have Llamacraft now that it's all been updated or not. I was the only op on, and I was off digging a massive cave, when someone said that the guest zone was on fire...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2010, 04:41:11 pm »

Being under lava is similar to being inside an extremely dense fog, just with different coloration.

The underwater overlay is water.png in the root folder of the JAR.

Hrm. So there isn't a way to disable that, make lava-swiming less annoying? Being able to see in that stuff would be really helpful when exploring lava pools and junk... I'm still cracking open lava pockets in the area around freefall tower's lowest point. Cavern map hints that there's some honest t'betsy lava seas down there. I wanna' dig 'em up :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2010, 04:49:24 pm »

It's back up, folks. :)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »

Well, I've got two projects going:

If you type /wp dragonshardz lavapit1, you'll find my quest to completely empty any lava pit I come across in that area and remove all dirt/gravel as well. I fill the lava pits in with gravel (finally, a use for the stuff) and then dig it out, thus allowing me to access the hidden goodies at my leisure.

Though Jack_Thejil has recently been appropriating said goodies.

If you type /wp dragonshardz wokshop, you'll be in my workshop. Outside is a wood-and-obsidian bridge leading to the mainland with a two-tile wide pier. That pier marks where I will be building what will probably end up be the largest ship in Minecraft, ever. The hull will be all of half-steps, thus allowing me some killer resolution. It'll eventually be my home in Jaycraft.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2010, 09:30:44 pm »

Though Jack_Thejil has recently been appropriating said goodies.

Lies!

Or at least I don't remember filching any of your stuff. I did nab some redstone from Logical's cave, but not terribly much. Maybe two, three blocks. The only lavapit stuff I've been messing around with is things from the Freefall tower's connecting caverns1, but that's more or less mine -- or at least mostly mine, since I dug down there in the first place -- anyway. Especially since I've been mostly sticking to the stuff at the bottom, which is really, really far down :P

I generally don't snatch up anything but redstone and diamond down there, though. Mostly I just dig out paths around lava pools and junk. I like the glow, and I'm hoping to hit one of the really big lava deposits sooner or later. That'll be awesome.

1To be fair, those caverns are freaking huge and connect to like two or three other caverns systems of roughly equal size, so I maay have stumbled upon/over/through where'er you're working. Might want to cordon off your workspace somehow. I respect signs :P

EDIT: I did leave a smileyface of redstone in one of your workshop's chests, though (well, twice now. Hohoho.) I've done that to a few people so far, heh. I'm not taking anything in the process, however, so if anything's missing it's someone else snatching it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:11:04 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2010, 10:22:22 pm »

I probably snatched up a bunch of the resources from the caves; went exploring pretty heavily the other day down there. Unless of course you mean from your workshop, in which case I haven't been over there. I'm the one with the obsidian stuff on the mainland, feel free to borrow a few resources if you really need em for something.

To clarify, where is said pier? Is it on your island or the mainland? I would hate to accidentally cover the entire thing over with obsidian it if its on the mainland...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:25:46 pm by alway »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2010, 01:09:52 am »

Nah, nah, I meant goodies as in the raw ores in the cave. It's no biggie, I'm just giving you a hard time.

Alway, the pier is on my island.

Anyway, I did some designing today, and the resulting design for the ship is 320 blocks long and about eighty blocks wide. I haven't done a design with a z-axis yet, though, so vertical height remains to be seen. I'm pretty sure that it won't even get close to the vertical limit.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2010, 02:06:34 am »

if anyone is around can help me, i need to get some builder or whichever status so I can do something. Any chance anyone can log real quick and help a brutha out?
I got nothing

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:39 am »

Explored a bit, found some cool stuff and three caves.

Waypoints:
cave
cave2
cave3
pyramid
waterfallarch

just type /wp dragonshardz [waypoint] and have fun. The caves are all lit up and explored, nothing's been removed except where necessary to give me access.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2010, 03:40:22 am »

What happened to all the portals?  Even the obsidian is gone.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2010, 04:18:18 am »

if anyone is around can help me, i need to get some builder or whichever status so I can do something. Any chance anyone can log real quick and help a brutha out?

With the current system, you need an op or an admin to help you. Meaning either Duke, Soulwynd, Tylui or Jay.

It would be nicer if the server had some ops in different time zones, so that people like us can have somebody nearby.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2010, 04:20:09 am »

I agree, OP lordninny and then I can have some fun.
I got nothing

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2010, 06:21:03 am »

What happened to all the portals?  Even the obsidian is gone.

I think either an OP or Jay replaced them with Hellstone.

In other news, the designs for the S.S. Jaytanic (working name) are nearly finished; I only have to do the front and rear elevations. The ship's dimensions have been finalized: 320 blocks long, 80 blocks wide, and 44 blocks tall - it's highly unlikely that all 44 blocks will be above sea-level, though.

It will have 11 decks across 41 blocks of vertical space - the remaining 3 blocks will be the solid section of the keel. (If you're wondering how 41 blocks works out into 11 decks, one deck is totally exposed.)

Plan for construction:

PHASE ONE:

Lay the keel.
Rough in the remaining 2-D outlines.

PHASE TWO:

Fill in 2-D outlines to create a hollow 3-D hull.

PHASE THREE:

Lay down internal decks
Build walls, halls, etc.

PHASE FOUR:

Furnish interior.

I'll be sharing the plan as soon as it is finished; there is NO WAY I can do this myself. Quick heads-up, the hull is going to be made completely of half-steps and cobbles - it'll look best with my custom version of Painterly Pack, which I can post if you'd like.

Aside: A construction of this magnitude would be, in my opinion, deserving of at least Advanced Builder status, if not Operator status.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2010, 06:49:02 am »

I ran across the hoverboat mod while idly browsing the forums and would like to know if its use if permitted. It seems hack-ish enough that I should ask before trying.
... and then it explodes!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 94