Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Who should be President for the next term in the United States?  (Read 6756 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who should be President for the next term in the United States?
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2010, 08:09:42 pm »

If we are allowed to import foreign leaders, lets get some Sun King up in here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2010, 08:28:58 pm »

He's wearing an entire Bed Bath & Beyond display set.  How do you lug all that crap around?  Smashing good legs though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »

I'd vote Nicolo Machiavelli, but he's been overshadowed by real scumbags like Rove.

Stephen Colbert. Not breaking character.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2010, 08:33:18 pm »

He's wearing an entire Bed Bath & Beyond display set.  How do you lug all that crap around?  Smashing good legs though.
You lug all that crap around with the help of your non-family nobles who are trying to get even the smallest favor from you by doing even the most menial of tasks for you. There were literally fights to stand outside the king's bedroom so you could be the one to put his robe on him in the morning. Also, see how he isn't wearing the crown? That's because most crowns were too heavy to wear for more than a few hours without seriously hurting your neck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2010, 08:51:04 pm »

I am voting Bull Moose.

If we are allowed to import foreign leaders, lets get some Sun King up in here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I feel sorry because I know who he is.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2010, 09:19:02 pm »

We need some fucking Ollie Cromwell up in here.

He's an idealogical crazy like Bush was, but at least the resultant silliness would allow the rest of the world to sit back with their popcorn and watch the fireworks.

--I have a hard time imagining the whole puritan revolution period in England without having the Benny Hill music go through my head--

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2010, 10:44:17 pm »

I'd say get some old blood in there, and resurect Washington, Jefferson, or even Benjamin Franklin... if just to quell all the pointless, baseless arguments about "what the Founding Fathers intended" when the Constitution was written. I get really tired of that being used to back otherwise baseless and oppressive political opinions on Marriage Reform, Religious Tolerance, etc. ad nauseum.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2010, 10:48:41 pm »

Question is, would they back your views on such stuff?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2010, 10:53:22 pm »

Bring back John Adams :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2010, 10:55:14 pm »

They might push for stuff like harder laws on gays simply because of the views of the time, their constitution be damned. At least Grant will be drunk enough to not be a bigot.

All of humanity is an incomprehensible blur.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2010, 11:33:07 pm »

I can't know the views and opinions of people I've never known, and who have long-since been dead, but I'd wager they'd be shocked about the present world. Also, they're near-mythological figures in a number of ways, and history has a way of warping and aggrandizing people... either way, they'd probably be significantly different than we remember them, so who knows how they'd feel on things, given context? I just think Ben Franklin is a smart enough fellow, and one who I would probably enjoy hanging out with, which are presidential criteria enough.

We could always vote in Gandhi, though. That might be interesting.

EDIT: Neurotic sentence-tweaking.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:36:26 pm by Solifuge »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2010, 11:42:10 pm »

I'll tell you who we should vote in. Fred Rogers. We'd have world peace in a week. I don't know how he would go about it, but we all know he'd manage it. Somehow. Guy was a walking phenomenon of goodwill.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:45:26 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2010, 11:59:24 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:09:19 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2010, 12:14:02 am »

They might push for stuff like harder laws on gays simply because of the views of the time, their constitution be damned. At least Grant will be drunk enough to not be a bigot.
I have a feeling that they would have understood that times change. They were smart people. I often wonder what group will be fighting for rights in a hundred years that we don't even recognize as being oppressed. perhaps with technology allowing for vastly increased intelligence, it will be children (Charles Stross's Accelerando is a great book incorporating that).
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2010, 12:29:41 am »

Let's just install Nicolas Cage, because what the hell.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9