Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any experienced race modders here?  (Read 1374 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any experienced race modders here?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 02:27:20 pm »

For the record, it's been possible for a long time now. Additionally, I keep saying it, but I'm sure I've managed to get so-called slavery (with labours and such actually working properly) to work in the past, but haven't managed to do so since.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 02:42:24 pm »

For the record, it's been possible for a long time now. Additionally, I keep saying it, but I'm sure I've managed to get so-called slavery (with labours and such actually working properly) to work in the past, but haven't managed to do so since.

*interested* some of the custom races creatures I wanna add would go great with this...

or maybe not even slavery, some would work well as just friends.
Cage traps are my magma.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 03:28:18 pm »

The general issue with tame sentients - which, thanks to the changes in .31, are now far more accessible than they used to be in the form of tigermen and such - is that the game can't handle them properly as they're not part of the same civ as the one you're playing as. Evidence of this is found in that if you can somehow get members of your species as pets they'll work fine once tamed.

In earlier versions of .31 I'd suggest you use this hack, but due to recent changes it's now useless (until it's updated). The method I used (which involved making other civ species pets, making them give birth in captivity, and then taming the babies, all with a certain combination of ethics, the specifics of which I can't remember) probably doesn't work any more due to the resulting effects of said changes.
Pages: 1 [2]