Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the game be open or locked on twilight phase?

Open.
- 4 (57.1%)
Locked.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: October 22, 2010, 02:25:09 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 3 - Over, Mafia wins.  (Read 25523 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 3 - Day 1
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2010, 02:42:49 am »

You aren't some dictated leader Zathras, as scum anything you scheme isn't going to happen the way you want it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2010, 02:50:25 am »

I am incredibly surprised to find you both in agreement... again! Down to quoting each other's posts in their entirety, again!

Janus & Archangel: we seem to have exhausted the conversation possible without your continued presence. It's now up to you guys to come and decide, with questions or actions, which way this will proceed.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2010, 02:52:25 am »

Archangel, feel free to vote with your Godfather.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2010, 03:33:40 am »

Pandar, I'm pretty sure you're scum. You're also an arrogant ass. However, I mistrust Zathras's "Lynch me or lynch them" attitude. I'm not sure about Toony, but since you and he are constantly agreeing, if you are scum, most likely he is too. I'm undecided about Janus, so until I've made up my mind, I will refrain from voting. To help me decide, I'm going to reread the thread. When I am done, I will give my conclusions. Until then, goodbye.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2010, 03:44:16 am »

Not pictured: content from Archangel

My agreement with Toony is merely because we're both right about Zathras.

Is this some sort of elaborate bus? I doubt it, stop WIFOMing, etc., but it's possible. The only true certainty I have is that on account of how obv it is that he would shoot me if he were town and that the still hasn't been hammered, it's almost certain that one of the following is true:

1) He's mafia
2) Both mafiosos are already voting him
3) He and I are both mafia (unlikely)

Furthermore, I postulate that a good godfather would probably have been willing to end his mafioso if he had to, in combination with how eager he was for me to selfhammer and shoot him...

Meaning Zathras is probably the godfather. If he's mafia and I'm town, me selfhammering means his partner gets another day.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2010, 03:46:51 am »

I like option 2.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2010, 03:48:13 am »

Maybe if you wish hard enough it'll come true next game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2010, 05:45:05 am »

The Schoolwork strikes Archangel in the computer time!
It goes flying off in a bloody arc!

Sorry guys.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2010, 10:01:33 am »

I will selfvote and shoot Zathras if I have to -.-
That seems like a poor decision in any case.  [...] If you're *really* sure that Zathras is scum, I guess go for it.
I say we put him at L-1 and dare him to do it. When he doesn't, for whatever flimsy excuse he props up, he'll be admitting he's scum.

He won't.  Town or scum.

It's more than unhelpful. This, after my five points on how he defended ToonyMan earlier, and followed by his wonderful "Zathras must have forgotten his arguments" are clear indication that they are working together. Their leap-frogging posting style, their agreement on almost every point, and their absolute lack of attacks/questions on each other are, in my mind, obvious signs that they are a team. Pandar attacks those who question Toony. Toony attacks me for finding Pandar's "scumtells" flimsy. Pandar agrees Toony provided evidence, without pointing it out... again and again. What other interaction have they had? It's so clear it hurts.

It seems more and more likely.  But which is which.  In my opinion, ToonyMan is being too obviously scummy.  He's smarter than that.  Meaning he's probably covering for his Godfather.

• You're at L-2 (just me voting you right now). If someone else votes you so you become L-1, will you or will you not self-hammer to shoot me, as you said earlier you would do?

You seem awfully hung up (on this and previous rounds) on the idea that people will stay true to their word... Mafia is a game full of lying and misdirection.  In general, the town has no reason to so lying in general is a scum tell, but either town or scum has no reason to stick to their bluffs or preposterous schemes.  (As Pandarsenic is fond of throwing out).

Right now I think that Pandarsenic and ToonyMan are scum, with ToonyMan screening his Godfather.  Wish there was more to go off on Archangel, but so it goes.

Be back in a few hours.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2010, 11:48:45 am »

The entirety of your post is "Meh, let's go with what Zathras said," Janus?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2010, 11:56:14 am »

No.  In fact I'm disagreeing with Zathras on all three points at least in the details.

The first and third parts are pointing out that Zathras has a tendency to believe that people will actually follow through with what they say in Mafia, the only reason that it even involves you is that he seems to believe that you'll do what you say more than others.

(For reference, I don't think this is scummy, I think it's a Zathrasism.  Not a terribly helpful one either, but he'll figure out it eventually.)

The middle point is the closest Zathras and I get to agreeing.  We both appear to believe that you and ToonyMan are the scummiest.  In a five player game with 2 scum, I'd sure hope that people can agree on something like that... And while he seems to think that ToonyMan is the Godfather, I think he's trying to screen you.

Long story short, you're wrong.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2010, 04:08:51 pm »

It's more than unhelpful. This, after my five points on how he defended ToonyMan earlier, and followed by his wonderful "Zathras must have forgotten his arguments" are clear indication that they are working together. Their leap-frogging posting style, their agreement on almost every point, and their absolute lack of attacks/questions on each other are, in my mind, obvious signs that they are a team. Pandar attacks those who question Toony. Toony attacks me for finding Pandar's "scumtells" flimsy. Pandar agrees Toony provided evidence, without pointing it out... again and again. What other interaction have they had? It's so clear it hurts.
It seems more and more likely.  But which is which.  In my opinion, ToonyMan is being too obviously scummy.  He's smarter than that.  Meaning he's probably covering for his Godfather. [...] Right now I think that Pandarsenic and ToonyMan are scum, with ToonyMan screening his Godfather.  Wish there was more to go off on Archangel, but so it goes.
I read it the other way around, but in truth it matters little. They are both scum, and which one hangs first only changes whether we win day one or day two. Unvote Toonyman. Vote Pandarsenic.
I also wish there was more material on/by Archangel, but I guess his moment is coming up.

Archangel: there are now two people at L-1, and oodles of evidence and data on/by both of them. The game has been pretty much exhausted for a while now, so how about moving it forward? Read up, make up your mind, and get this thing moving again, please.

You seem awfully hung up (on this and previous rounds) on the idea that people will stay true to their word... Mafia is a game full of lying and misdirection.  In general, the town has no reason to so lying in general is a scum tell, but either town or scum has no reason to stick to their bluffs or preposterous schemes.  (As Pandarsenic is fond of throwing out).
(For reference, I don't think this is scummy, I think it's a Zathrasism.  Not a terribly helpful one either, but he'll figure out it eventually.)

You're probably right that it's a "just me" thing, but I think that if people bluff, you call them on their bluff, and they recant, that's a pretty strong scumtell. I also believe that "lynch all liars" is a valid position, and that outright lies are a very strong scumtell. So I guess we don't disagree that much.

I also enjoy deflating pompous egotistical maniacs too prone to outbursts of hyperbole. Which I think people tend to do more as scum than as town, but some guys are just naturals, eh?

Doesn't really matter for now. Interesting topic of discussion for the post-game, if you wish.

Archangel, the game is in your hands, man. Make it a good one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2010, 04:25:33 pm »

If we're going to be naming egomaniacs that would be the one and only Zathras.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2010, 04:47:54 pm »

We're only naming the ones I enjoy deflating. I try not to deflate that one too often.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2010, 05:01:24 pm »

Archangel, if you hammer me I will venge your godfather. How does this make you feel?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14