Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DIssappearing ruin  (Read 596 times)

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DIssappearing ruin
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:16:00 pm »

I decided to give adventure mode a go. My first quest was to kill this zombie axe lord in some ruins. The ruins turned out to be a couple of towers each with about 10 floors. After my adventurer was killed, I decided it would be fun to try and start a fort in those old ruins. The first time I tried, the game CTD'ed on embark. I tried again and this time it worked, with the wagon starting right between the towers. However, after a couple of minutes, the towers disappeared. The ground where they had been was just as if they had never been there. Items that had been in the towers were left floating in mid-air. Also, a number of bushes in the area appeared as large red Vs, and trees as large red Ts.

I have the save from embark, as well as a screenshot of the floating objects if they are needed.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
Re: DIssappearing ruin
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 10:03:00 pm »

No idea what happened but those red symbols indicate a massive loss of data.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 01:50:00 am »

Had the same thing happen starting in a human capital.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:07:00 am »

Mmm, I had the same thing starting by a cave. Is it perhaps caused by embarking to special-feature regions that have already been explored in adventure mode?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 05:15:00 pm »

I'm not going to be able to do anything with this without a pre-embark save I think, but I can take a look at it.

toadyone@bay12games.com or somewhere downloadable
region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z
any new objects that were added to the raw folder

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »

This just happened to me! The entire ruin vanished and my dwarves AI got disabled. This happened when I set one of the ruin wall to be mined.

EDIT: This happens everytime I explore a ruin or cave in adventure mode. After exploring the cave, when you settle it at fortress mode and designate a wall to mine/deconstruct, everything on that Z level will vanish. All times I tried triggered this bug.

[ January 20, 2008: Message edited by: Nite/m4re ]