Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No encounters  (Read 788 times)

TheBrushOfTheathers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales From Anethacamade
No encounters
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:15:24 am »

Hi there,

I just updated today from 0.31.12 to 0.31.16, and started playing adventurer mode as usual. Is it normal that when I travel on the world map I do not seem bothered by any encounter? I tried with both a vanilla world, and another with increased savagery, but no one did bother my novice axedwarf.

**** EDIT ****

Whoops, as soon as I finished writing and started playing again, I got encounters all over the place. Guess it was just a matter of neighborhood...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:23:23 am by TheBrushOfTheathers »
Gopet Cystpanted the Spurts of Bile was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Confederations of Sheltering. Gopet was most often depicted as a female ant and was associated with muck.

http://talesfromanethacamade.wordpress.com/

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: No encounters
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 11:35:42 am »

Yeah, if a region doesn't have any predators (i.e. it's benign) you probably won't get ambushed by anything there.

Time of day probably matters too.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 02:36:59 pm »

So is it all fixed or transition done in 31.16?
Or Should I remain in .12?
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 03:50:07 pm »

So is it all fixed or transition done in 31.16?
Or Should I remain in .12?

Encounters weren't the problem, the problem was sprawl, and that's still a ways away from being fixed.

So yes, stick with .12

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 03:52:27 pm »

What? What do encounters have to do with sprawl? You can still get ambushes in 31.16.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 04:10:08 pm »

What? What do encounters have to do with sprawl? You can still get ambushes in 31.16.

I don't think he was asking about encounters, but how Adventure mode is in "transition" right now and has practically no content.