Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: You are all monsters.  (Read 73132 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: You are all monsters.
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2011, 05:32:24 pm »

This thread is like a fucking zombie, no matter how hard you try to kill it...

IT. WON'T. DIE!

It needs fire.. from Toady or Threetoe.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2011, 05:48:17 pm »

Hm.

Maybe it needs yo momma jokes.

"You are all monsters."
"Yeah, well, your MOTHER is a monster!"
"It's not my fault she was abducted by a night creature!"  *cries*
"... uhm... awkwaaaaaarrrrd!"
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2011, 06:10:52 pm »

Hm.

Maybe it needs yo momma jokes.

"You are all monsters."
"Yeah, well, your MOTHER is a monster!"
"It's not my fault she was abducted by a night creature!"  *cries*
"... uhm... awkwaaaaaarrrrd!"
"I just said your mother was a monster. And yes, it IS your fault! If you hadn't been a coward, she'd still be here today! Don't yell at me, because you're a yellow bastard!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2011, 08:13:02 am »

For some reason I'm picturing seven dwarfers with various skillsets wheeling a cart laden with supplies out to a place in the middle of nowhere they were told has clay, shallow and deep metals and an underground river and starting to dig...

Soon after:

'The Mechanized titan Delta Force has arrived! An armored vehicle, filled with heavily armed soldiers! It has a heavy machine gun and advances quickly. Beware it's 20 mm cannon!'

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2011, 08:42:26 am »

"I've been keeping some puppies in cages so they can't be adopted, and I can slaughter them."
The same thing with kittens. Other furry animals even. Not even the ugly ones, like cows.

You are all sociopaths

Actually the concept of keeping an arm's length from animals you intend to kill is actually quite common in places that deal with the butchering of animals.

It is hardly a sociopathic statement that someone would want to keep the food and leather stock away from people who would unjustly adopt them on the Fortress' bill.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2011, 09:00:57 am »

What?! This thread is still alive!?
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2011, 01:37:49 pm »

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wrwr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2011, 02:23:07 pm »

This fine example of !!Science!! inevitably made me think of dwarf fortress. I like this spirit. But it has become rare in the last decades. Everyone and his dog is a treehugging hippie nowadays.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2011, 02:25:58 pm »

>Read OP, see date of 16th October
>Think nothing of it despite the fact it's the 7th
>See Victuz' post "What?! This thread is still alive!?"
>wat.jpg
>Check date again
>WAIT A MINUTE. DERP.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2011, 03:49:51 pm »

For some reason I'm picturing seven dwarfers with various skillsets wheeling a cart laden with supplies out to a place in the middle of nowhere they were told has clay, shallow and deep metals and an underground river and starting to dig...

Soon after:

'The Mechanized titan Delta Force has arrived! An armored vehicle, filled with heavily armed soldiers! It has a heavy machine gun and advances quickly. Beware it's 20 mm cannon!'
I'll top that!

The Atomic Bomb Fat Man has arrived! A great round metal ball. It is filled with atomic energy and a device that can split the atoms. Beware its deadly radiation!

But seriously, can we go until New Year's Day 2013 without posting about butchering puppies, killing nobles, and drowning migrants?????

And especially, STOP POSTING ABOUT HEARTLESSLY MURDERING AND BUTCHERING BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Babies, both in DF and in the real world, are as equal as an adult. Take this: Would you like it if you had a kid and some stranger murdered and butchered him/her? And it's just because he said he/she "was a useless part of life and deserved to die". Would you like that?

I SWEAR TO ARMOK that I'm going to ask Toady to make babies/children impervious to ANYTHING POSSIBLE IN THE GAME until they reach adulthood.

OR, to ban you monsters from posting EVER AGAIN.

Does any of the above sound reasonable?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18