Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: You are all monsters.  (Read 73139 times)

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are all monsters.
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2010, 01:10:35 pm »

If you read his old post you will find out TC is just trolling. He is just as sick as we are.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2010, 02:04:56 pm »

It is very easy to become evil after seeing the horrible things that your charges inflict upon themselves even without your instruction.

Just now I saw a mother give birth next to the 20z level tall garbage to magma sea chute.  She was apperantly pointing in the correct direction to send the baby directly into the pit.  Shortly after the metalsmiths complained of an odd smell of burning baby and the mother remained ecstatic.

If that's the kinda thing they do without direction, our occasional lapse of morals is made up for by giving them something to do with their lives other than thinking up new inventive abortion methods.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2010, 02:39:48 pm »

I had an idea for a mega-construction the other day. I call it the "Harbinger of the Cat-pocalypse" Its a 10 story tall cat statue that, upon pulling a lever, vomits forth enough blood to drown the world. I was thinking of using the blood of immigrants for it.
I had hoped it would vomit cats on unwary guests (which, if tall enough will explode on impact).
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2010, 02:57:04 pm »

I had an idea for a mega-construction the other day. I call it the "Harbinger of the Cat-pocalypse" Its a 10 story tall cat statue that, upon pulling a lever, vomits forth enough blood to drown the world. I was thinking of using the blood of immigrants for it.
I had hoped it would vomit cats on unwary guests (which, if tall enough will explode on impact).

Not if it hits a creature/person unfortunetly, dammend bugged falling physics...

ArcaneSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Pastafarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2010, 03:18:59 pm »

I don't think I'm that bad though

I accidentally breached the cotton candy, after which the clowns came running towards my fort from ANOTHER cotton candy strand. I've walled them off.
I then promptly proceeded to dig some execution chambers next to the breach. I used burrows to force the next migrant wave (except for a high master bone doctor) into the execution camber, given them all the leather armor they could loot from the goblin corpses around the main entrance, they also got some weapons dropped by the goblins. After this I had one of them dig through the wall separating them from the Clowns.

9 migrants, dressed in leather, wielding random weapons they have no experience with, highest level fighter is "novice", against one wave of "attack of the clowns". There are legs being chopped off and flying around, and they aren't dwarven legs, the worst damage my "suicide squad" has sustained are some bruises. It would seem that it's true what they say about ragtag bands of misfits against impossible odds.
I really like the way this is going, especially since I've got 50+ completely useless dwarfs (cheesemakers, wtf?) walking through my fortress, sitting in my dining hall, admiring my engravings, drinking my booze! >:(

And once they're tired of visiting circus acts, I've got a new show planned for the elven traders (just a little detour  ;))

Ok, so maybe I am.
Wanted: Signature Quotes
Reward: 1 honorable mention.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2010, 04:15:19 pm »

Honestly though (as in on topic) I don't kill my dwarves just for killing. Elves yes, but they frigging deserve it (one little wooden piece of crap and they go "OMG! YOU KILLED A TREE! YOU MONSTER!").
Particularly when 85% of the crap they bring is made of or comes from wood. Besides, it seems their botaniphilia is limited to trees, regular plants get no such treatment, if the amount of rope reed fiber they bring you is any indication...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2010, 06:14:26 pm »

I don't think I'm that bad though

I accidentally breached the cotton candy, after which the clowns came running towards my fort from ANOTHER cotton candy strand. I've walled them off.
I then promptly proceeded to dig some execution chambers next to the breach. I used burrows to force the next migrant wave (except for a high master bone doctor) into the execution camber, given them all the leather armor they could loot from the goblin corpses around the main entrance, they also got some weapons dropped by the goblins. After this I had one of them dig through the wall separating them from the Clowns.

9 migrants, dressed in leather, wielding random weapons they have no experience with, highest level fighter is "novice", against one wave of "attack of the clowns". There are legs being chopped off and flying around, and they aren't dwarven legs, the worst damage my "suicide squad" has sustained are some bruises. It would seem that it's true what they say about ragtag bands of misfits against impossible odds.
I really like the way this is going, especially since I've got 50+ completely useless dwarfs (cheesemakers, wtf?) walking through my fortress, sitting in my dining hall, admiring my engravings, drinking my booze! >:(

And once they're tired of visiting circus acts, I've got a new show planned for the elven traders (just a little detour  ;))

Ok, so maybe I am.

Yes you are. How could you give them leather armor! Don't you know most dwarves are allergic? They were better off without anything. And they probably hurt their muscles while using those weapons!

Pah! You bad, bad person.
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

kapusta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2010, 09:40:28 pm »

For me, it's a combination of utilitarianism and sadism. That is, sometimes I feel the need to drown elves or drop children into the circus to watch them play with clowns, but generally it's simply easier to have complete disregard for all dwarven and animal life.

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2010, 05:26:52 am »

With strict birth control (child ratio = 0) and restriction of total population (80 max) in my latest embarks, I have use for every immigrant. And I found it to be much more utilitarian to let the elves live so they can take their useless crap (and some of mine) with them, as opposed to burning them alive.

So alas, no more senseless killing for me. Except goblins, but y'know.. Asking for it and all that.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2010, 06:18:19 am »

With strict birth control (child ratio = 0) and restriction of total population (80 max) in my latest embarks, I have use for every immigrant. And I found it to be much more utilitarian to let the elves live so they can take their useless crap (and some of mine) with them, as opposed to burning them alive.

So alas, no more senseless killing for me. Except goblins, but y'know.. Asking for it and all that.

Every immigrant? Even the High Master Cheese Makers and Great Lye Makers?
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2010, 06:37:07 am »

You can always sell cheese and lye.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:51 am »

Even those. Naturally, they can expect to get the "high-risk" jobs, like collecting webs in the caverns, mining the final tile in a magma channel, getting recruited in the military as decoys, etc. If I don't feel sadisti.. uh don't need such dangerous jobs done at the moment, a few extra haulers are also welcome.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2010, 06:44:55 am »

I think it would be an interesting challenge to use all migrants for their existing skills only. Peasants are the only haulers.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: anime anime anime anime anime]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:07 am »

You just poured enough magma into my "Want to play df" bottle for me to start playing again. I can't be bothered to wait for might creatures..
I don't need a signature.

albatross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2010, 08:24:45 am »

You are all sociopaths.

May I remind you that sociopathy is not a flaw, but a feature. It is time people like you stop persecuting and harassing us sociopaths and let us continue to live our lives that are filled with sadistic violence and the pleasure we derive from it. Once I've eaten these kittennuggets, I'll see what I can do to organize a movement that defends the rights of sociopaths and protects us from the likes of you. Although what I quoted from your comment is not in itself derogatory or accusatory, the rest pretty much is. Have you no shame? Do you think sociopathy is some kind of choice? It is not. Anyway, I'm getting tired of typing right now, so could you just heat up an iron and repeatedly press it against your face until you are dead? Please? Thanks.

(I keeed, I keeed.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:30:44 am by albatross »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18