Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: You are all monsters.  (Read 73118 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: You are all monsters.
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2010, 10:47:37 pm »

i remember back in 40d when i modded elves to breed. i would catch the parents of a child in a cage then pit them with a tentacle demon. then i would force the child to run around the pit which was lined with weapon traps with one whip each. that way the parent were permenantly coated in the blood of their child while stuck in a tiny pit with a "friend" :)

That is just... awesome.

Hey guys, what does the thumbs down for this thread mean?

When you start a thread or submit a post you can select an icon to be displayed with it. In this case the OP is unhappy so they chose the thumbs down icon. It sometimes gets the attention of people browsing the threads list.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2010, 10:50:03 pm »

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2010, 11:26:59 pm »

I just love releasing 20+ animals who only slow my framerate down into mmy colliseum with a couple goblin POWs. And then letting in water to drown the survivors. Magma is sooo cliched.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2010, 01:09:20 am »

i remember back in 40d when i modded elves to breed. i would catch the parents of a child in a cage then pit them with a tentacle demon. then i would force the child to run around the pit which was lined with weapon traps with one whip each. that way the parent were permenantly coated in the blood of their child while stuck in a tiny pit with a "friend" :)
You win.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2010, 01:58:37 am »

I love how soon this thread soon turned into a contest to see who commits the most horrifying atrocities, and a contest who commits the least.

So, to expand on my earlier contribution and add to the joy: I modded my game to allow me to be at war with humans, elves, etc by default, and allow me to butcher them not only for food, but also make whole buildings and their furniture out of their meat and bones. At some point I had a building made of human meat walls, elf meat floors, supported by elf bone pillars and furnished with a *human skull throne* and some misc human bone furniture.

As for my dwarves, I dont actualy kill that many of them on purpose. My various construction and mining projects take up a lot of hauling and masonry, and my popcap is around the 80 so I rarely have dwarves I have no use for. That, and they manage to die horribly by themselves just fine. In fact the fortress I mentioned above got utterly wiped out a few seasons later by the collaborative efforts of a rather tough insectoid titan, and the ambushing and sieging of three seperate civs.

That fortress had a realy neat dining hall though.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2010, 02:21:52 am »

Does this count as an atrocity or a successful introduction of less wasteful culinary habits?

...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2010, 04:15:08 am »

Does this count as an atrocity or a successful introduction of less wasteful culinary habits?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Less wasteful? There are sunberries in this roast, and you call it less wasteful?! How can a sane person be so cruel as to make his cook mince unbrewed sunberries? Even cooks are dwarfs! Did you even think of what he felt, you self-centered monster?
Not to mention the poor cutebold. But it's all for his tribe's good, right? They can't afford sending their best hunters to be massacred, not every year.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2010, 07:47:35 am »

ELF! BURN HIM AND MAKE A BIN OUT OF HIS BONEZ!
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2010, 08:01:17 am »

I had an idea for a mega-construction the other day. I call it the "Harbinger of the Cat-pocalypse" Its a 10 story tall cat statue that, upon pulling a lever, vomits forth enough blood to drown the world. I was thinking of using the blood of immigrants for it.
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2010, 08:17:25 am »

I had an idea for a mega-construction the other day. I call it the "Harbinger of the Cat-pocalypse" Its a 10 story tall cat statue that, upon pulling a lever, vomits forth enough blood to drown the world. I was thinking of using the blood of immigrants for it.
You would have to make the blood bloody water. Blood will just take up one space and not a z level.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2010, 08:45:51 am »

You would have to make the blood bloody water. Blood will just take up one space and not a z level.
@Naz: other than asking for an explanation to your avatar. I'm going to say that the Cat-pocalypse has my approval.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2010, 09:14:41 am »

I can imagine that working pretty well.  Just get a cat, splatter it with tons of blood (of other cats) and throw it into the watery pit.  He'll just track blood all into the water, giving you plenty of vomit.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2010, 10:19:57 am »

Honestly though (as in on topic) I don't kill my dwarves just for killing. Elves yes, but they frigging deserve it (one little wooden piece of crap and they go "OMG! YOU KILLED A TREE! YOU MONSTER!").

Anyway I only kill dwarves that fucked something up failed to meet my reasonable demands. That's the only real reason why I have a "drop room" with magma ocean beneath it and a special burrow in it (to which I assign the "fail" dwarves). For example if my dwarf gets moody and takes over a metalsmith workshop I usually give them best materials possible in hope for a kick ass weapon or armor. This means a lot of platinum, valuable gems and if he wants any stone than he only gets to use marble (I really really like marble) or I set one of the metals to be used as stone (and made into blocks). Than ofc he gets to work and creates something like... hmmm that:

If he gives me THAT instead of a kick ass weapon or armour it's usually time to go to the death room reward room. Especially if he was possessed (meaning that he didn't get any experience boost).
I also send EVERY dwarf that decides to make an artefact out of bones there. Just for kicks.

Ps. Oh the guy who made this bracelet was possessed. He got his reward.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:21:54 am by Victuz »
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2010, 10:46:37 am »

I'm not sure what to say, besides pointing out that I like to drop goblins into magma traps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:55:09 am by Vehudur »
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2010, 01:06:50 pm »

Old meme is old, but what the hell...

You are all monsters.

No, Macalano, you are the monsters.  And then Macalano was a dwarf.

Ohgod I lol'd so hard I hurt myself...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18