Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Multiple tails?  (Read 971 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple tails?
« on: October 14, 2010, 09:28:24 am »

Code: [Select]
[CASTE:FLYING]
[CASTE_NAME:flying dawg:flying dawgs:flying dawg]

[POP_RATIO:50]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:BROWN:1:WHITE:1:GRAY:1:LIGHT_BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:TAN:1:AUBURN:1:CHESTNUT:1:SLATE_GRAY:1:CREAM:1:CINNAMON:1:BUFF:1:BEIGE:1:CHOCOLATE:1:CHARCOAL:1:ASH_GRAY:1:RUSSET:1:IVORY:1:FLAX:1:PUMPKIN:1:GOLD:1:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:COPPER:1:SAFFRON:1:AMBER:1:MAHOGANY:1:OCHRE:1:PALE_BROWN:1:RAW_UMBER:1:BURNT_SIENNA:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:DARK_CHESTNUT:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_DARK:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1:TAUPE_GRAY:1:TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:GREEN:1:BLUE:1:ECRU:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:tails:PLURAL]
[BODY:QUADRUPED:4TAILS:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:4LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ:4TOES_RQ:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[TRAPAVOID]
[MOUNT]
[FLIER]

This crashes the game when I try to view the animal. How can I make an animal that has more than one tail without crashing the game?

EDIT:

Also, an I make an "x Man" by taking the entry for the Iron Man and changing [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON] to [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:x]?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:30:57 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple tails?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:31:38 am »

Did you make a bodypart named 4TAILS?  I think you need to do that if you define it in the body.

I did once makes snakes with two tails in a modding error, if I could remember how I did that I could tell you better. :P

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 09:32:12 am »

You will need to edit your body_default file and add a [BODY:4TAILS] entry which describes the structure for four discrete tails.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 09:33:30 am »

Did you make a bodypart named 4TAILS?  I think you need to do that if you define it in the body.

Ah. No, I didn't. I assumed there was just a "tail" entity and the number determined the number of whatevers the animal has.

Also, will this work:

[CASTE:IRON_DAWG]
[POP_RATIO:100]
[CASTE_NAME:iron dawg:iron dawgs:iron dawg:]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:IRON]

That is, will that particular caste be made of iron and have the properties of an Iron Man?
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 09:33:51 am »

you have to mod in a "4tails" in a body object:

ie:
body_quadrotail.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 09:35:24 am »

[CASTE:IRON_DAWG]
[POP_RATIO:100]
[CASTE_NAME:iron dawg:iron dawgs:iron dawg:]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:IRON]

That is, will that particular caste be made of iron and have the properties of an Iron Man?

Yes, and every single body part will be made out of iron in that case.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 09:38:48 am »

Also also, why does THIS immediately melt to death?

[CASTE:FIRE]
[CASTE_NAME:fire dawg:fire dawgs:fire dawg]

[POP_RATIO:200]
[HOMEOTHERM:100000]
[HEATDAM_POINT:75000]
[FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]
[FIREIMMUNE]
[DRAGONFIREBREATH]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]

[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]

[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]

[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]

[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:550000]

[IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:570000]

[SPEC_HEAT:50]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
      [PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
        [MELTING_POINT:10000]
[IGNITE_POINT:10000]

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:24 am »

I'm not so good with the temperatures, but it looks like you've got its overall heatdam point lower than its body temperature, so it's burning itself up.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 09:41:59 am »

Yep, that'd probably be correct. Also, those numbers are ridiculously high and you're lucky they aren't breaking the game.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 09:45:03 am »

Changed the Flying caste to [BODY:QUADRUPED:2TAILS:etc... and added the following to body_default.txt. Viewing the dawg still crashes the game.
[BODY:2TAILS]
[BP:TAIL1:first tail:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:TAIL]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]
[BP:TAIL2:second tail:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:TAIL]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]

Yep, that'd probably be correct. Also, those numbers are ridiculously high and you're lucky they aren't breaking the game.

Ehh... Could you suggest better numbers? I just want the animal's skin temperature to be 200 Urist below the temperature of magma.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 09:52:46 am »

On the tails: You only need to specify the body parts you want to add to the caste when adding parts. Not all of them. Declare all the parts you want to be applied universally at the start of the entry, and then add whichever tail variant/whatever else you want for each caste.

If it's not due to that, the crashing may be down to a similar issue to do with declaring tissue layers in the incorrect order in circumstances such as this, but we'll go over that once the cause has been narrowed down.

On the numbers: Refer to this page.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 09:55:22 am »

On the tails: You only need to specify the body parts you want to add to the caste when adding parts. Not all of them. Declare all the parts you want to be applied universally at the start of the entry, and then add whichever tail variant/whatever else you want for each caste.

If it's not due to that, the crashing may be down to a similar issue to do with declaring tissue layers in the incorrect order in circumstances such as this, but we'll go over that once the cause has been narrowed down.

So just add [BODY:2TAILS]?

EDIT:

That works, except the tails are grey indicating they've come off and he still has the original tail...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:57:03 am by Schilcote »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 09:55:54 am »

Yes. Make sure to remove the regular tails from the universal parts list and add them to each caste individually.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 09:57:58 am »

Yes. Make sure to remove the regular tails from the universal parts list and add them to each caste individually.

Is there a "remove bodypart" tag? I have a lot of castes...

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 09:59:18 am »

There is one, but it's intended to be used in tandem with creature variations and I don't think it works on its own.
Pages: [1] 2