Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Requiring a wooden armor/weapon as a reagent  (Read 805 times)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Requiring a wooden armor/weapon as a reagent
« on: October 13, 2010, 08:05:10 am »

How do you do this?

I tried
   [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:WOOD:NONE]

but the reactions are not showing, as if I have no reagents, so this doesn't seem to be working out.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Requiring a wooden armor/weapon as a reagent
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:04:04 am »

Try this:

[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ANY:PLANT_MAT:ANY:WOOD]

I don't know if it actually works, but it doesn't generate any errorlog messages, and the reaction shows up in-game.
Also you might search for "Anatomy of a Reaction" here. That post is gold for making custom reactions.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 03:49:23 pm »

Still not getting anything, but i'll look that up, thanks

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 04:24:24 pm »

if I recall correctly, it should actually be

[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ANY:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD]

Although IIRC, this was bugged as of 31.13 and created a reaction using any plant material rather than wood specifically.

See http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66577.0
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:31:37 pm »

Hmm. Do weapons use any PLANT_MATs other than wood? I haven't been playing the game for very long so I might be wrong, but I can't think of any others.
If there aren't any others then it should work fine right?

edit:
No dice. I tried both ways. It appears they both default to NONE:NONE. Dorfs were grabbing whatever weapons happened to be there.
Sorry Z, I don't know anything else to try...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:50:57 pm by fledermaus »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 09:09:15 pm »

Maybe we should be asking what purpose he wants this for. It should be possible to make a reaction requiring a particular kind of wooden weapon with, say, [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_TRAINING:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD] to take any wooden training spear. Make one such reaction for each weapon/armor type that is desired to be used (sounds like any from OP), and then run the appropriate one by hand when needed. This might solve the problem, given that it appears that the problem could be the undefined weapon type rather than the undefined material type.

You might also try [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:PLANT:MAT:NONE:WOOD] to leave the weapon subtype "blank." Not sure if it'll help, but worth a shot.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:52:44 am »

Maybe we should be asking what purpose he wants this for. It should be possible to make a reaction requiring a particular kind of wooden weapon with, say, [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_TRAINING:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD] to take any wooden training spear. Make one such reaction for each weapon/armor type that is desired to be used (sounds like any from OP), and then run the appropriate one by hand when needed. This might solve the problem, given that it appears that the problem could be the undefined weapon type rather than the undefined material type.

You might also try [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:PLANT:MAT:NONE:WOOD] to leave the weapon subtype "blank." Not sure if it'll help, but worth a shot.

I was trying to make a workshop that converts the useless wooden weapons and armor elves bring and drop when killed into logs.

I've tried using the various combinations of ANY and NONE and none of them seem to be picking anything up, seems like either "WOOD" or "PLANT_MAT for the reagent doesn't really want to work at all, and if i don't specify then it would most likely accept non-silk clothes as a reagent, which is silly.

When i get around to it, I'm going to try removing the PLANT_MAT and try adding [ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL] to the end and see if that helps any. It might help for the weapons, though i really need something that works better for the armor, though i don't know that anything will at this point, unless i specify items that can't be made out of cloth like helms and breastplates and whatnot and make a specific reaction for each.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:05:17 am by Zaik »

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 01:22:34 am »

The weapon is easy:

[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]

but be careful of that one though, it will eat your wooden crossbows.

The armor is a pain because you have to do reactions for all the types, and [ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL] will eat clothes made from plant fibers since they're also armor.

My suggestion is to just dump em.