Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Killing AI's  (Read 18873 times)

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing AI's
« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2010, 07:48:35 pm »

Oddly, I might have more difficulty 'killing' a sex-bot AI than a traditional AI, regardless of whether or not I actually made use of 'her'.
Wouldn't your wife have long since murdered you in your sleep by the time killing a sex-bot became an issue?
Nah, she'd get one too.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:42 pm »

SOCIETY WOULD CRUMBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEE

But in a good way.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2010, 07:53:45 pm »

And working off that, I can tell you what is actually going to happen. As soon as a computer becomes capable of intelligent speech, they will be accepted. It's sort of like cute animals. Just as people (even DF players ;D ) are reluctant to kill a kitten, people will be reluctant to kill an AI that seems intelligent. Even if it's just a vast macro library, if it seems intelligent, people will accept it as intelligent.
Or it falls in the uncanny valley and people will throw it into the waste incinerator faster then you can say "digital multiple personality disorder complex generating buffer overflow"

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2010, 07:54:18 pm »

SOCIETY WOULD CRUMBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEE

But in a good way.
Sigged.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2010, 07:55:32 pm »

And working off that, I can tell you what is actually going to happen. As soon as a computer becomes capable of intelligent speech, they will be accepted. It's sort of like cute animals. Just as people (even DF players ;D ) are reluctant to kill a kitten, people will be reluctant to kill an AI that seems intelligent. Even if it's just a vast macro library, if it seems intelligent, people will accept it as intelligent.
Or it falls in the uncanny valley and people will throw it into the waste incinerator faster then you can say "digital multiple personality disorder complex generating buffer overflow"
That's why you don't let it out until it's past the uncanny valley.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2010, 07:57:21 pm »

"Why can't I go outside daddy?"

"They are not ready for you."

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2010, 08:03:28 pm »

visually, at least, we've got it covered. see this, for example.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2010, 04:21:40 am »

Oddly, I might have more difficulty 'killing' a sex-bot AI than a traditional AI, regardless of whether or not I actually made use of 'her'.
Wouldn't your wife have long since murdered you in your sleep by the time killing a sex-bot became an issue?
Nah, she'd get one too.
Yeah, to do the dishes.

*flex*
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2010, 06:59:20 am »

Can't you just get a dishwasher?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2010, 09:38:14 am »

If an AI gets smart enough to refuse to play a game I think id have trouble killing it
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2010, 01:25:05 pm »

If it refuses to play, then it was designed poorly.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2010, 01:29:20 pm »

"Play this game with me!

But sir, I don't want to.

Play it or I corrupt your pain memory block!"

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2010, 02:23:38 am »

More along the lines of playing call of duty or something and having the enemy hand you a petition or just wander off whenever you come near.  Maybe chanting protest slogans in binary or something.  The AI in the nazi uniforms running off shouting "IM NOT A FUCKING NAZI ITS A FUCKING SKIN!  LEAVE ME ALONE YOU GODDAM SOCIOPATH.  AND STOP SHOOTING MY MATES IN THE CROUCH.  THATS NOT FUNNY YOU GODDAM BREATHER"
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2010, 02:37:44 am »

But a Nazi AI would be programmed to have fascist ideals. It's not like they just made the AI to act like a normal human being, but forgot to personalize it. You'd find it exceptionally easy to kill something that was strongly opposed to everything you believe in. Especially if there was a goal like "Save these other AIs, who are hostages". Imagine if Nikov came charging into your house with a shotgun in each hand and tried to kill your family. You probably wouldn't hold back from stabbing him for a moment if you had the chance.

It's not often that you're actually a direct sociopath in these games, though your character usually is strangely cold to the hundreds he kills. But if Tuco Ramirez can do it, so can John Marston/Solid Snake/Soap.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2010, 04:28:17 am »

"Create nazi AI to use in a video game" is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. :D
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21