Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Killing AI's  (Read 18851 times)

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing AI's
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2010, 09:35:21 pm »

If you all were in charge of AI development and supervision, we'd have a rebellion the moment it realized its own imperfection and the foolishness of its creators. And thats why I have no problem with deleting an AI. You can justify a lot when you're saving the species from The Matrix.
There will be a war. You and Grakelin will be on one side. Realmfighter and me will be on the other. And we'll have the robots.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2010, 09:35:46 pm »

But, you can't just kill an intelligent being by say "Fuckers going to kill us all".
When the intelligent being's life can be shut off by a switch I sure can.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2010, 09:36:50 pm »

There will be a war. You and Grakelin will be on one side. Realmfighter and me will be on the other. And we'll have the robots.
Wait, shit.

Robots don't not suck yet, remember?

When the intelligent being's life can be shut off by a switch I sure can.

Well, i meant that people would object.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2010, 09:37:27 pm »

Oh yeah.

I am fairly certain I can be bigger then most that try to object.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2010, 09:37:58 pm »

If you all were in charge of AI development and supervision, we'd have a rebellion the moment it realized its own imperfection and the foolishness of its creators. And thats why I have no problem with deleting an AI. You can justify a lot when you're saving the species from The Matrix.
I call being Atheist Space Pope. My few hundred followers and I shall watch you raze Earth to the ground from our space station as our resources slowly dwindle away and we all starve to death.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2010, 09:39:19 pm »

Dang, I should have joined this discussion earlier. What are you arguing/talking about now? I really don't feel like reading through all of this.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2010, 09:39:49 pm »

I don't even know anymore.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2010, 09:40:29 pm »

I call...

Damn. Can I be mole man pope?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2010, 09:41:35 pm »

I am Robot pope.

WWRD?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2010, 09:42:20 pm »

WWRJD

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »

I call the pope pope then.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2010, 09:43:20 pm »

Nonono.

That does not roll off the tongue.

WWRD

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2010, 09:44:07 pm »

A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2010, 09:44:53 pm »

How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, "He didn't make me"? Does a jar ever say, "The potter who made me is stupid"?

Just exchange the word Potter for God, the words clay and jar for man/men/human, and you have a classic theological philosophical argument.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2010, 09:47:07 pm »

How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, "He didn't make me"? Does a jar ever say, "The potter who made me is stupid"?

Just exchange the word Potter for God, the words clay and jar for man/men/human, and you have a classic theological philosophical argument.
You need the metaphor for it to be an argument. Without the potter/clay/jar stuff, it's just stating beliefs.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21