Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Minecraft Alpha community game - Deon's turn  (Read 14804 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Alpha community game - andrea's turn
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 07:17:00 am »

Go to a file hosting site, upload, then come here and put a link to the download.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2010, 05:54:23 pm »

Here is file.
http://rapidshare.com/files/427689802/World4.rar

Now, I think I should tell you what I did.

all directions are to ba taken as if you are looking outside from the tower entrance.

1) I expanded the mines ( small wooden door on the left). I dug a couple more tunnels and put some stairs on an already existing tunnel. I found some more caves. One of which is marked with a sign, since it is hard to find (you have to swim upward in a river to enter. I didn't do much, all I needed was cobble.

2)The treefarm, on the right. I wanted to have a building to farm trees. I made the errors of using it before it was completed. Apparently, I planted trees in a good way to make them grow large. Since I didn't bother cutting the big trees, in a couple harvests nature reclaimed that spot. I could have just cut the huge trees that spawned, but I actually like it more that way.I would be happy if the trees were to stay, without being cut. But if the area is needed, I may not oppose burning them.

3) the storage, on the right. it has a public building and some underground chambers meant for personal storage. I posted more about it in a previous post, with pictures. While I only had time to dig 4 personal storage room, it can be expanded as need arises.

4)right in front of the tower, the gate room, the last thing I did before uploading the save. It is a room meant to host the future gate to hell, should the saves work well with the update. At the moment instead of the obsidian gate there is a cobblestone gate. removal of it for gate building purposes should not cause flooding.
The sand structure outside is NOT decorative. if you delete the only torch attached to the wall, the lowest one, the whole structure will fall, sealing the room. If monsters from hell chase you, this can be a way to stop them or at least buy time.
Feel free to change this building or expand it in the future, especially for safety purposes. Eventually, I wouldn't mind having the main gate in a stargate-like room.

JHLL, the wool is in my storage room. feel free to use it if you are doing the space shuttle.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2010, 06:52:16 pm »

If Notch is to be believed, you don't want a portal connected to your main building. Ghasts can blow things up. I think the safest building would be 4 blocks tall, including the roof, 6 blocks wide, and 3 long, with 5 block thick walls, so Ghasts can't spawn. Them being 4x4x4 can be used for protection.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2010, 09:41:41 pm »

Where's our forge?

EDIT: Do we not have armor?

EDIT2: Not even a bucket?

EDIT3: Never mind, I hadn't found the warehouse, there was enough iron for one full set and three buckets.

EDIT4: The Warehouse is great at spawning friendly mobs, so far 8 or 9 have spawned.

EDIT5: And I dropped some magma on myself trying to open a chest, didn't loose too much but did lose my chestplate.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:46:14 pm by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2010, 02:35:28 am »

armor is a great way to waste iron. until it can be repaired, I go armorless. or with leather.

I don't know if you meant that you built 3 buckets or found 3 buckets, but if it is the former then there should be more in the miscellaneous section.

and yes, the warehouse is great at spawning friendly mobs. After I got tired of pushing them in the incinerator I planned to pave it, but ran out of time.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Alpha community game - Hugehead's turn
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2010, 12:01:19 am »

I won't be able to upload my save, Dropbox keeps on failing the upload.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2010, 12:10:27 am »

Mediafire's pretty good.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2010, 12:31:02 pm »

I won't be able to upload my save, Dropbox keeps on failing the upload.
Depositfiles.com, filefront.com, mediafire and others, there're tons of sites. If everything fails, use the misc. section of dffd.wimbli.com.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »

Could you put it here? :

http://www.sendspace.com/
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2010, 10:56:30 pm »

Thought I'd just poke this thread with a stick, to see if it's still alive and kicking. By the list it looks like it should be nbonaparte's turn right now.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2010, 11:25:48 pm »

Should I skip hugehead's save?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2010, 01:33:57 am »

Yeah, I can't upload so skip me.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2010, 02:34:34 am »

What about jacenhan? skip him?
EDIT: I'm going to bed here (GMT -6), so if it turns out to be my turn, I'll start midday tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:38:00 am by nbonaparte »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2010, 08:51:52 am »

Skip me.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2010, 10:35:12 am »

Yeah, I can't upload so skip me.
YES YOU CAN! There are LOADS of options! I waited all this time for you :<

But if you absolutely can't, then I guess we'll just skip you.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12