Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Magic RTD - Turn 9: On The Road  (Read 8525 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Magic RTD - Turn 3: Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 09:36:40 am »

Depends. What if I steal from a honest merchant? Give me some details and proof and then I shall do it. I am not dumb. And you are still smart
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Magic RTD - Turn 3: Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 10:05:54 pm »

Turn 4
Jetsquirrel
Nightmare-Inducing Sounds? {1} - You create a highly horrorifc noise that causing mind-bending nightmares. Except that's Mind Magic. Why are you using Sound?

{Initiative: 1} The bard strums a note. {Aim: 4}{Dodge: 4} He holds the note, increasing the loudness. {Attack: 5}{Defense: 2} Suddenly, you're hit with a wave of nausea. You vomit, only to be smashed upside the head with a lute.

-3 HP
+1 Sound XP

{Aim: 5 - 2}{Dodge: 3} You try again on the nightmares thing, this time using Mind Magic. {Attack: 5}{Defense: 6} You reach into his brain, but he blocks you out before you can mess with his perception.

HmH
Find Guinea Pigs {3} - You enter a tavern, asking if there's anyone willing to perform more-than-likely deadly surgery for free.

No one's listening, however, as there seems to be a giant brawl going on. Oh, hey, it's Jetsquirrel and a bard.

MechaRat
Acquire Metal {5} - Using your MetaLocatotron, you find some spare metal. You stash it away like... a mouse with cheese, sorta.

Metal Scraps Gained

Dwarf Midget
Headbutt {Body: 5} - You charge the man, aiming a headbutt right for him. {Aim: 1 + 1}{Dodge: 4} Perhaps it was how your head was lowered and you couldn't see, but your aim is a little off. {Attack: 2 - 1}{Defense: 5} You collide with the man, but end up hurting your neck instead. Not a good day.

{Aim: 6}{Dodge: 2} This time he makes a series of rapid precision hand gestures. This cannot be good. {Attack: 4 + 2}{Defense: 5 - 1} A tornado appears where you're standing. It picks you up, buffeting you into several nearby buildings and other things that are both painful and nearby.

-2 HP
+1 Body XP
+1 Air XP

Frelock
Make Fireball {Fire: 5} - You pool some energy into your hands and make a fireball. {Aim: 6 + 1}{Dodge: 3} It's gigantic. You manage to hurl it from two different directions! {Damage: Attack: 2 + 2, 6 + 2}{Defense: 4, 5} The first one tapers off before it can hit its mark, but the second one smashes into the woman from behind! She suffers a few burns, but she has a crazy look in her eyes.

+3 Fire XP
Woman: -3 HP

{Aim: 1, 6 = 6}{Dodge: 3} She stands up, inhaling a bunch of air. {Attack: 6, 5 = 6 + 2}{Defense: 3} She unleashes three pressurized air balls at you. You manage to avoid the first one with a quick drop to the ground, but the second one clips your side and the third one smashes hard into your leg.

Unfortunately, you have no time to act as she unleashes a fourth ball right into your chest.

-5 HP
+1 Air XP

Ochita
Get More Information - You ask the Air Master for more information. She tosses the file to you. Apparently, several merchants have complained about a particular merchant who is likely selling stolen items. Inside seems to just be the name of the merchant, Ripoff McStealsEverything. You'll probably need to investigate to make sure the jobs legit.

"That's all I have, but I'm too busy to solve it. Do it for me."

She goes back to her paperwork.

Spoiler: Jetsquirrel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarf Midget (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Magic RTD - Turn 4: You Have Dice. Use 'Em!
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 12:10:59 am »

Run up to him and combne a sound wave with a straigh punch in his face

and i would like to reserve a spot
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:12:39 am by Jetsquirrel »

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 01:31:22 am »

Throw sand in his face.
If I'm allowed to, I'll also...
Attempt second headbutt.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 01:51:32 am »

Use body magic to heal myself
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 01:53:58 am »

Exit and stop the battle with my water magic.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 02:12:11 am »

Oh, so everybody is distracted.
Mind-control some big guy into volunteering for experiments.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 07:42:29 am »

wow two people below half already, I may be in sooner then I would have thought.  Though I wish you all good luck ;D
Nom nom nom

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 08:34:52 am »

wow two people below half already, I may be in sooner then I would have thought.  Though I wish you all good luck ;D
The beauty of dice: Everyone dies eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 09:07:08 am »

Just a note, that you can use additional dice to do things. That's what the Magic: x/x is for (The first x is the number of extra dice you have left to use in a Day.) You'll replenish them every Day too.

Anyhow, go! I'll be gone this weekend, so next update will be Monday or possibly Sunday.

Turn 5
Jetsquirrel
Sonic Punch {Sound: 3} - You run toward the bard to unleash a sonic boom. He brings the lute up to protect him! You steer the punch away. That was close.

{Initiative: 2} He then takes the loot and dissembles it into pieces of wood fragment. {Aim: 6}{Dodge: 2} You suffer from the destruction of such a beautiful lute. {Attack: 2 + 2}{Defense: 6 - 1} The wood shards launch at you with unprecedented speed. You cringe. Unfortunately, the miss you and stab into a man behind you. Phew. Looks like that hurt. The splinters then reassembles into the loot you know and love.

{Aim: 3}{Dodge: 4} You take the chance to aim a Sonic Kick at him. {Attack: 5}{Defense: 1} He's too busy assembling his lute to see the attack coming. With a disastrous sonic boom and a weak kick, he's sent wheeling into the wall. His head smashes into a chair on the way to the floor. Painful.

+1 Sound XP
Bard: -4 HP

HmH
Mind Control Stranger {Mind: 3} - You pick one of the people watching that's screaming the most, as you're sure he probably has the least energy to fight back. You aim and try. Too bad you screwed up. Luckily, he doesn't notice.

Dwarf Midget
Throw Pocket Sand {3} - You reach into your pocket for your trusty pocket sand. Crap. It's in your other pant's pocket.

{Initiative: 2} As you're searching for your lost thrower of sand, the man breathes in a lot of air. {Aim: 6, 3 = 6}{Dodge: 5} You take care to avoid this one. He looks mean. {Attack: 1, 3 = 3 + 2}{Defense: 6 + 1} He spits a giant ball of compressed air at you. You counter.

{Aim: 6}{Dodge: 6} You headbutt the ball of air. It dissipates. You continue running towards the man. {Attack: 2 + 2}{Defense: 2 + 2} You manage to hit him this time, but only by the tip of his feet. He managed to jump over you.

+1 Body XP

Frelock
Heal Self {Body: 1} You attempt to heal yourself with a little Body Magic. You can't concentrate very well, and {Aim: 6}{Attack: 1 + 2} you break several of your own bones. Wow, that's smarts.

-3 HP
+1 Body XP

The woman watching you looks at you.

"You're not bad, but you're obviously not up to the task."
She turns around and starts walking back to her desk.
"Come back when you've trained well."

Ochita
Stop Battle {Water: 3} - You take the file and exit. You go to stop the battle, but it seems Frelock has pretty much already been beaten.

I suppose you could take him to the Hospital in town, though. It looks a little like he can't walk.

Spoiler: Jetsquirrel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarf Midget (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Magic RTD - Turn 5: Critical Condition
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 09:45:49 am »

Me, use one additional Body die: Gain super-fast regeneration.
Rat: Learn Water magic just to screw with cats.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2010, 10:46:16 am »

Take frelock to the hospital, use 1 extra dice on water to carry him

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 01:07:15 pm »

Throw a quick Mind magick spell at him as a replacement for the sand, and punch him in the jaw.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2010, 02:39:02 pm »

Trap the bard in a eternal nightmare and pick up his lute

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2010, 03:05:27 pm »

Use 1 extra dice in body magic to heal myself.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6