Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Up for a sudden rush of gaming perspective?  (Read 3916 times)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
Up for a sudden rush of gaming perspective?
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:37:10 pm »

Now. We all know that there are enemies in games that are not absolutely REQUIRED to kill. We kill them anyway. But... What happens to their families when they receive the news?
http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/?p=938
I watched that around five times (is "watched" the right word for a MUSICAL WEBCOMIC?), and it gets sadder every time. The latest time, I was crying HARD. As if a friend just died.

I Don't know about you, but I'm taking measures to AVOID meaninglessly killing things from now on.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Up for a sudden rush of gaming perspective?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:40:43 pm »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:40:51 pm »

That is awesome as hell.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:42:26 pm »

I feel no remorse.  If their lives were so important they shouldn't have gotten in my way or had things I wanted.  It's not hard.
Shoes...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »

They are pixels and data that have been placed in front of me to kill.

Why should i feel sad?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 09:00:44 pm »

Look, we are here because we play Dwarf Fortress. If we don't even care about the fate of our own minions, why would we care about those of anyone else?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 09:28:03 pm »

Look, we are here because we play Dwarf Fortress. If we don't even care about the fate of our own minions, why would we care about those of anyone else?
sigged
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 10:13:57 pm »

I saw this like months and months ago man, it's still good though.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 10:45:16 pm »

Kinda reminds me of a spot near the end of Max Payne where before you walk out of the elevator, you hear a couple of minions talking and one of them talks about how they're just paying the bills and keeping the family funded and such, and that he's got a family to return to or something like that. Of course, walk in and have the guy notice you, and all of a sudden hear "KILL HIM!" or any of the other stock phrases uttered.

Look, I know you gotta pay the bills and keep your family under a roof and fed, but c'mon, you NEVER sign up to be a minion. A minion under any other name still spells R-E-D-S-H-I-R-T. You know, how R-O-L-A-I-D-S always somehow spells relief.

EDIT:
All things considered, at least in the Sonic games, your buddies are captured and forced to be mechanical minions. You're just breaking them out of those prisons.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:51:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 10:49:23 pm »

True, but being a minion is like playing the lottery with your life if the Big Bad doesn't have an established Dragon, as one of them will at some point end up surviving the Hero's rampage and taking up the role. Of course, the rest will die.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 10:50:40 pm »

Kinda reminds me of a spot near the end of Max Payne where before you walk out of the elevator, you hear a couple of minions talking and one of them talks about how they're just paying the bills and keeping the family funded and such, and that he's got a family to return to or something like that. Of course, walk in and have the guy notice you, and all of a sudden hear "KILL HIM!" or any of the other stock phrases uttered.

Look, I know you gotta pay the bills and keep your family under a roof and fed, but c'mon, you NEVER sign up to be a minion. A minion under any other name still spells R-E-D-S-H-I-R-T. You know, how R-O-L-A-I-D-S always somehow spells relief.

I remember that, I think his dad was in the hospital or something.  I shot him just the same.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 10:52:03 pm »

I remember that, I think his dad was in the hospital or something.  I shot him just the same.
Actually, I just lobbed a molotov at him.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 10:53:37 pm »

I ran up and hit him with a bat.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 11:09:26 pm »

I feel no remorse.  If their lives were so important they shouldn't have gotten in my way or had things I wanted.  It's not hard.

This, so utterly this.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 11:16:46 pm »

I am a tool of the Eternal Swarm, and as such have no concept of remorse, nor mercy.
Still like the song, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4