Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Beyond The Mountains. [On Hiatus]  (Read 6379 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond The Mountains.
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 02:23:49 pm »

look up dude i made a color post.

*After Armok chose his location*

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 02:24:59 pm »

Six players are good, any more and the starting area will be more crowded than intended. Let me find the start up thing I have written, and update the original post. I will attempt to keep the map on the original post updated fully for each turn, as each side gains new units I will put the new unit under their name in the Sides part of the original post. Units everyone gets will be put in the generic Shared Units area.

The land has been contested for many years, with no force holding any real power, until recently. Six city-states have risen up to be the major powers in this land, surrounded by mountains on once side, the sea on the other. Each side watches the others, wanting to be able to defend themselves at a moments notice. But then, scouts return to each leader, reporting word of strange creatures seen in the mountains. Each leader hears of a different creature.
The Glorious empire hears word of men made of stone, and tall as a house.
The Hunter's Coalition hear of men the hight of a child, but with beards to their knees.
The Pirates hear not of mountain creatures, but of sea creatures, monsterous creatures covered in scales yet with arms like a man.
We hears of creatures taller than a man, but only just, who apparently feed on their own.
The Kingdom of Helmont hears of Eagles of a simply monsterous size.
The Necro-kains hear of Large creatures, atleast three times the size of a man, but their faces are warped.

Each side currently has 2 scout groups, and 5 Militia groups. You can attack someone, exlore, try to use diplomacy. It's really up to you for now.
All sides are currently getting 2 resourses per turn.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:53:33 pm by KaguroDraven »
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 02:46:53 pm »

So. What do we do?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 02:52:43 pm »

whoops, sorry cript,forgot that last little bit, You can really send your soldiers to do what you want for now, Resources are comeing in at 2 per turn, Scouts cost 2, Militia cost 3.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 02:57:35 pm »

Are there rules for negotiations via PM?  Do we need to worry about resource gathering or is that all abstracted away?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 03:00:27 pm »

It just happens automaticly, more land is more resources, and how you interact with certain creatures may give you a temporary or peminant boost. You can choose to negotiate with each other either on here or in PM, just send me the results of them if it's done in PM. Negotiateing with creatures is done on here though.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 03:02:22 pm »

Okay.

The Great Necro-kain Empire will send one scout unit over the mountain and one scout unit deep into the desert. Two Militia will be sent to find the strange beings of the warped face, perhaps we can take them into the fold.

Before I do the rest of my turn I wish to ask:
How do we get more resource gathering? As in can we increase out 'city level' or some such?
How do we found new cities?
How do we get new unit types?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 03:05:00 pm »

Alrighty, then.  I'll take the Mafia forum standard and copy you on PMs, if you don't mind.

I send one scout due north to search the mountains above me.  The second scout goes through the narrow gap in the mountains to search the flat lands beyond.  Two militia groups go west and south to try to secure more resources.  They don't go beyond the halfway point to the next citystate.  The last three stay home, for now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2010, 03:07:26 pm »

Resources are increased by cities, trade, and certain actions with creatures that I won't reviel until they happen.
Yes city levels can be increased, but not at this moment.
Founding new cities can be done by selecting an area within your territory and useing resorces to make a city there, it costs around 6 for a basic villiage, and up to 30 for a big city.
New unit types are gained by interactions with the world at large mostly, though at certain points, like once everyone is settled in, I will 'unlock' more shared units, like basic ships or spear militia.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 03:09:55 pm »

The two scout groups go into the nearby mountains to investigate the reports of these bearded child men. Three of the militia groups stay at home at Artemis, while one goes to explore the desert, and another goes to explore the swamplands. The resources are banked for now.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 03:10:37 pm »

I send the scout to explore nearby, and make another one, also set to explore nearby.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 03:25:45 pm »

Two more Militia will be sent to the East. One South east and one north east.

One more Militia will be sent to the north, to scout along the edge of the mountain.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 03:38:57 pm »

If I can use the resources now, I'll make another scout.  Also, take one militia off guard duty and send him SE to scout the coast.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 08:02:20 am »

One scout goes to explore the land over the mountains in the south. One scout and two militia attempt to find these stone giants, and find out if they're friendly or not.

Resources are not used.

((Can we do RP posts as well?))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 08:49:32 am »

You can if you want.
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7