Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Crystaline Polish, wrestler dwarfs from HELL  (Read 935 times)

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
The Crystaline Polish, wrestler dwarfs from HELL
« on: October 11, 2010, 01:46:32 am »

About an hour ago I got a migrant wave of threshers, millers, fisherdwarfs, and other assorted jobs that have no use in BlottedRazor. Around the same time I noticed my miners running away from crundles, so I sent ( or so I though) the migrants to their deaths... I was WRONG, SOO WRONG.

For around an hour I laughed as 9 wrestlers and a Sworddwarf punched Crundles, cave alligators, giant olms, and plumphelmet men to death.

...Of course there were a "few" deaths, but at least I killed off all the crundles, and my sworddwarf got to kill a crocodile out of it.

(The best part was a toad with a 55 page combat log... with a single wrestler. Everything on the toad was bruised... EVERYTHING)
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystaline Polish, wrestler dwarfs from HELL
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 04:00:11 am »

I like the title of the squad :P
and yeah, I've never had any trouble with cavern creatures...
except there was that one time I had to open up my fortress to the caverns, and basically got bumrushed by the 7 or 8 forbidden beasties that were lurking down there
but yeah, that was a pretty mature fortress (20+ years) so I had the military to deal with that
Pretty lol though, when I see a bunch of F's and E's and G's swarming towards a gap thats only 1 tile wide
kinda scary, too :P
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

Thiickshake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 06:58:32 am »

Its a ritual in my fortress anyone of no use is put into a squad and sent into the caverns anyone who kills a ogre gets freedom in return

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:59:02 pm »

yeah, anyone who survives a few rounds of combat wrestling a giant olm gets skilled very quickly in wrestling.  I've not really experimented with wrestlers in df2010 yet though.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
  • Humans think better than.. err, maybe dwarves do.
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 09:02:28 pm »

Its a ritual in my fortress anyone of no use is put into a squad and sent into the caverns anyone who kills a ogre gets freedom in return

Let me guess: those who are freed are turned into haulers.  :)

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 09:22:10 pm »

I only squad people who have combat skills, and if i absolutely need to. A good miner also doubles as a good (If not somewhat risky to send out) soldier, as you know.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 09:32:25 pm »

I only squad people who have combat skills, and if i absolutely need to. A good miner also doubles as a good (If not somewhat risky to send out) soldier, as you know.

putting miners in squads without first disabling the mining labor causes a few bugs.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 09:47:59 pm »

I throw 75% of my useless dorfs in the caverns for a week. If they survive, they're enlisted. They have no other future.

The other 25% are haulers.