Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Logbeater  (Read 1670 times)

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
  • Humans think better than.. err, maybe dwarves do.
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
Logbeater
« on: October 10, 2010, 06:01:31 pm »

So I accidentaly abandoned a near-100-populated fortress with lots of logs. I emberked there ad noticed that a wild bear is chasing me. Unprepared and naked, I desperately made my adventurer run for its life. But the bear is fast and when it's just three squares away, I found an oak log, picked it and smashed it to the beast's head, luckily knocking him unconscious! then I made the final judgement:

You grab the Bear by the throat with your right upper arm!
You place a chokehold on the Bear's throat!
You strangle the Bear's throat! (19x)
The Bear has suffocated to death.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Logbeater
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:18:52 pm »

You know what you must do from this point on: that log must become your only weapon besides your own hands.

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 06:21:54 pm »

You know what you must do from this point on: that log must become your only weapon besides your own hands.

yeah. thanks for the Misc. Objects User Profession  :D

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:22 pm »

yeah. thanks for the Misc. Objects User Profession  :D
Unless it's a particularly heavy log...it usually won't do that much hurtin'. But it is true that it's rather satisfying to actually knock out an opponent unconscious with just your fists & odd things.   
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 01:15:47 am »

Impressive feat. Go to the nearest town and teach the womenfolk the reason for your carrying of the title 'Log Beater'.

That was manly.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 10:25:39 am »

Impressive feat. Go to the nearest town and teach the womenfolk the reason for your carrying of the title 'Log Beater'.

That was manly.

Indeed. I can't think of a manlier thing than to beat a beast, that was about to murder you, with a log.

Also the strangling of a bear but you can do that to a dragon also.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 01:40:54 am »

The fact that most living creatures are weak against suffocation is a design failure and does not diminish how manly it is to strangle one to death.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 03:56:37 am »

The fact that most living creatures are weak against suffocation is a design failure and does not diminish how manly it is to strangle one to death.
Bust most living cretures need to breath to stay alive.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 11:46:05 am »

Bust most living cretures need to breath to stay alive.

Yeah but a regular adventurer would have difficulty strangling a dragon, conscious or unconscious.

Malygon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 03:06:05 pm »

I guess you could make strangling harder by giving the throat some kind of protection like some collar humanoids could wear or the protection a dragons skin offers so that you either need to remove the protection or be strong enough to strangulate such enemies. Hey the game is still in alpha and seriously it wouldn't be as much fun if not for stuff like this.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 07:35:30 pm »

Even when strangling itself work, it still makes you completely vulnerable to enemy attacks since you can't dodge and are using up at least one arm.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 08:34:27 pm »

Even when strangling itself work, it still makes you completely vulnerable to enemy attacks since you can't dodge and are using up at least one arm.

True. That's why you always drop them first and then choke the life out of them.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 09:18:55 pm »

Yeah but a regular adventurer would have difficulty strangling a dragon, conscious or unconscious.
When you strangle a dragon, you are not wrapping your arms around its neck.
No, that would be stupid and undwarvenly.
You are instead crawling into the dragon's throat and beating its lungs with your bare hands.

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 07:13:07 pm »

When you strangle a dragon, you are not wrapping your arms around its neck.
No, that would be stupid and undwarvenly.
You are instead crawling into the dragon's throat and beating its lungs with your bare hands.

Hahaha. I hope they could find a way to make a creature travel into someone's body.  :D