Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The King  (Read 660 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
The King
« on: October 09, 2010, 06:18:15 pm »

I got a king for the first time today and some really wierd things happened when I got him.

First of all he arrived with his consort but she was 250 years old and died as soon as she hit the map edge. He himself is 150 which I suppose means he is going to die in a few years. However, he didn't bring any hiers with him. Do they come on their own after he has died?

Second, he brought no hammerer with him which I suppose is a good thing.

Third, for some reason he looks like a peasant (using phoebus tileset) and has every social skill maxed. He was therefore subsequently elected to mayor about 6 months after he showed up (talk about a dictatorship). My previous mayor who had been running mayor for a good 5 years I left in the mayoral suites cause the woman has like 12 kids (she had two sets of triplets  :o) and her husband killed a dragon and soon after died from terrible burns. Poor woman.
Lastly, and I suppose this is a good thing, he makes no demands and sets no mandates. The wiki said he could make up to 5 I believe but he hasn't done a thing but oust my mayor, collect his consorts crap, and putz around his statue garden.

I have made him the broker so at least he doesn't look like  the village idiot. This turned out to be good though because my old broker/manager/book keeper lost both of his arms to a blind cave ogre and everytime I let him out of his office pit to trade I would get job cancelation spam (he would try to move crap to the trade depot even with all his hauling labors off).

Edit: Almost forgot, is there a way to move a coffin with a body in it somewhere else? I would like to put the consorts corpse next to my kings coffin. I didn't have a tomb assigned to her because she died upon entering the map.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:21:10 pm by Halnoth »
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The King
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 06:23:06 pm »

AFAIK, Kings don't make mandates / demands because they're active during world-gen and that means they have no preferences to make a demand from? (<--- never got a king myself)

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 06:52:25 pm »

AFAIK, Kings don't make mandates / demands because they're active during world-gen and that means they have no preferences to make a demand from? (<--- never got a king myself)

They don't.  They're supposed to based on the raws but I've never had it happen.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 07:16:34 pm »

They evidentally don't hold meetings either. Stupid Humans anyway wasting my time in meeting and still not offering a trade agreement.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531