Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: National Breast Cancer Awareness Month: AKA why products are now pink.  (Read 4415 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: National Breast Cancer Awareness Month: AKA why products are now pink.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 06:12:58 pm »

Can't read the yellow.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 06:15:19 pm »

The blue is hard as well.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 06:25:52 pm »

Are you all ready for Movember?!?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 06:27:30 pm »

I am

[Distasteful joke expunged]

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 06:37:38 pm »

Breast cancer is a sham. It's only reason for circulation is the words breasts and pandering to feminists.

You about lung cancer, or brain cancer?

Fuck the people who support this.
The hell? Breast cancer is a "sham"? I know women who have had it. It is most certainly not a sham. And men can have it too, though it's much more rare than in women.

But I find the idea of a month dedicated to a certain cancer somewhat silly. I say have a month for all of them rather than have a month for various kinds. The only cancer awareness month that gets much publicity is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 06:43:31 pm »

Breast cancer is a sham. It's only reason for circulation is the words breasts and pandering to feminists.

The hell? Breast cancer is a "sham"? I know women who have had it. It is most certainly not a sham. And men can have it too, though it's much more rare than in women.

But I find the idea of a month dedicated to a certain cancer somewhat silly. I say have a month for all of them rather than have a month for various kinds. The only cancer awareness month that gets much publicity is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Holy crap, you're actually taking this seriously! Here I thought I would have to pander to Bay12's topic derailness-es.

Anyway, cancer in all forms is insidious. Even giving attention to at least one in the end still gives much needed attention to all other forms (albeit in a small way, but it's something!). With that last sentence, you really should have said "fuck all breast cancer research." To spite you, I shall now type in pink forever! HAHAHA!

Though seriously, explain yourself. I don't want to have to already lock a new topic.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 06:44:51 pm »

He means that there exists a societal double standard about this, with pandering to a cancer that is primarily a problem for women over all other types and using the sexual appeal of breasts to lure men into it. And he's right, there is a double standard about it, same as there being focus beyond reason given to Black History Month and no real attention being payed to White Heritage Month (which actually exists, apparently, and according to the list is September). I think all the months being devoted are stupid, and we shouldn't really have them. It's a pointless distraction to make people feel better about the existance of Breast Cancer and to give the idea that they are somehow helping when they aren't.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 06:46:13 pm »

WTF is a noodle ring and why does it have a month?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 06:47:29 pm »

It's those large flexable rings that people
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 06:49:37 pm »

Huh.

I as thinking it was a type of pasta that you put in soup.

Now why does it have its own month?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 06:51:42 pm »

He means that there exists a societal double standard about this, with pandering to a cancer that is primarily a problem for women over all other types and using the sexual appeal of breasts to lure men into it. And he's right, there is a double standard about it, same as there being focus beyond reason given to Black History Month and no real attention being payed to White Heritage Month (which actually exists, apparently, and according to the list is September). I think all the months being devoted are stupid, and we shouldn't really have them. It's a pointless distraction to make people feel better about the existance of Breast Cancer and to give the idea that they are somehow helping when they aren't.

That is understandable. I suppose no one enjoys double standards. I just wish that it came from Ninteen in the first place.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 06:52:33 pm »

It would appear I'm stupid, because Noodle Rings are actually this:
Spoiler: Warning, HUGE image. (click to show/hide)

And is apparently some old December tradition.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 06:52:46 pm »

It's been reported that one major cause of breast cancer is the collection of carcinogens in the lymphatic system caused by too-tight bras.

Therefore I will dedicate this month to removing the bras from as many women as possible and giving them thorough examinations.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010, 06:55:04 pm »

Noodle Rings are

That makes me both hunger for it and sick at the same time.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 07:07:49 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:56:31 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5