Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Whiskeybridle: An OCD Succession Fortress, so crazy it just might work!  (Read 17417 times)

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whiskeybridle: An OCD Succession Fortress (Turn: fivex)
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2010, 02:46:43 pm »

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3275
Map: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9729-whiskybridle

Well, I guess I will get started on that soon...I forgot my laptop's power supply (frak!) when I left town for fall break, so I will hopefully be able to play a bit on a diff computer today.

Which tileset is being used?
Phobeus, but you only need to overwrite the raws folder with your own.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Whiskeybridle: An OCD Succession Fortress (Turn: enosX)
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 02:38:37 am »

>40 hours have passed.
where is Xenos
NON-CANON YEAR TIME:
Granite
Who unsealed the fortress? You'll let THEM in again!
Seeing as we are no longer only digging in the shadow of our tower, we must expand. I do not like this
Slate
Cave-in from a poorly designated area pulled fivex down 5 levels, causing severe damage.
Felsite
See! I was right! the filthy, filthy elves are trying to gain entrance.
I do not care about symmetry, that's for weirdos. EVERYTHING MUST BE CLEAN. That is perfectly rational.
Malachite
My reasoning was perfectly rational. Without any provocation, one of the filthy elven merchants has gone berserk.
Unfortunately, Fivex has succumbed to infection from his rather grievous injuries.
Limestone
We are continuing on the work I began two years ago. Now freed from the rule of having to stick to an area the size of the original tower, we can expand! But never letting anyone else in. Ever. Because that would be terrible.
Moonstone
We're getting there.
Granite
Damn still not Finished.

SAVE
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:19:40 am by lolghurt »
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 03:08:03 pm »

I am was out of town right now, and my laptop battery died (i forgot the charger) so dont worry, it will go on. I was playing on my parent's computer but I forgot to take some screenshots.  Look forward to posts about 2 forgotten beasts appearing, a kobold ambush, and many many many kobold thieves wandering in.  (they must have been looting from the leftover merchant goods outside.  crap.)  also fivex died.

EDIT:   FRAK! I knew I forgot something...So I forgot to make a copy of my save file to put on my laptop...So I will be starting this year over.  luckily I only made it through midsummer....So, timewarp backwards!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:28:07 pm by Xenos »
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 04:39:23 am »

also fivex died.
Fivex dies in 504 in both versions of the save.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 12:13:03 pm »

>40 hours have passed.
where is Xenos
NON-CANON YEAR TIME:
Granite
Who unsealed the fortress? You'll let THEM in again!
Seeing as we are no longer only digging in the shadow of our tower, we must expand. I do not like this
Slate
Cave-in from a poorly designated area pulled fivex down 5 levels, causing severe damage.
Felsite
See! I was right! the filthy, filthy elves are trying to gain entrance.
I do not care about symmetry, that's for weirdos. EVERYTHING MUST BE CLEAN. That is perfectly rational.
Malachite
My reasoning was perfectly rational. Without any provocation, one of the filthy elven merchants has gone berserk.
Unfortunately, Fivex has succumbed to infection from his rather grievous injuries.
Limestone
We are continuing on the work I began two years ago. Now freed from the rule of having to stick to an area the size of the original tower, we can expand! But never letting anyone else in. Ever. Because that would be terrible.
Moonstone
We're getting there.
Granite
Damn still not Finished.

SAVE

Nice.  Xenos still has a few days left, but if he's not able to complete the save we may be able to go from this one.
At last, she is done.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 11:17:53 pm »

Crap, real life just decided to get in the way with this, could my turn get shifted later in the turn order?  Sorry for wasting people's time (but at least we have a parallel save to run from)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 12:12:31 am »

Oh god I'm still in the middle of my turn in Bellwaxed

And I bet my turn in The Fatal Ice will hit me soon as well, just to compound difficulties.

And then if the universe really hates me, my turn in Angelashes will slam me on top of that.

And if they start calling for me in Skyscrapes tomorrow, I will know the universe has completely forsaken me and I will die like so many of my dwarves.

tl;dr: I'll start in a day or two.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 03:18:51 am »

Oh god I'm still in the middle of my turn in Bellwaxed

And I bet my turn in The Fatal Ice will hit me soon as well, just to compound difficulties.

And then if the universe really hates me, my turn in Angelashes will slam me on top of that.

And if they start calling for me in Skyscrapes tomorrow, I will know the universe has completely forsaken me and I will die like so many of my dwarves.

tl;dr: I'll start in a day or two.
Does that mean I can finish the project and re-upload the save?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 07:04:55 am »

I have no objections
I can see it now.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 07:19:52 am »

I have no objections
actually more stuff came up. do not expect another save from me for a while.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 08:38:57 am »

Oh crap

I think I got a bit confused here.

Is it my turn then? I think it is. It's hard to tell.

Uh...

I guess I'll download...
I can see it now.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 11:33:09 am »

Yup, it is your turn.  I'm updating the first post now.

Edit: Also, Xenos, do you want your turn later?  We've got some spots open soon.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:39:55 am by Graebeard »
At last, she is done.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Whiskeybridle: An OCD Succession Fortress (Turn: Argembarger)
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 11:57:09 am »

Actually, what's confusing me is which save I should be running from. We appear to have more than one equally insane timeline...
I can see it now.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 12:31:26 pm »

Moonstone
We're getting there.
Granite
Damn still not Finished.[/i]
SAVE

Go ahead and use this one.
At last, she is done.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Whiskeybridle: An OCD Succession Fortress (Turn: Argembarger)
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2010, 10:36:00 pm »

Argembarger's Sanity Journal

oh god

oh dear sweet merciful Armok

if you find this journal
and I am no longer alive

tell my story
I hope you are sane

like me

sane

I came to this fortress, it feels like ages ago. All of these dwarves are crazy. Crazy! Not me. I'm normal. they must never know

I saw it, you know. He killed her. Killed her with his pick... no remorse. She was tired of travelling. So was I. Not these dwarves. they never seem to tire. They seem to have some sort of evil, inner energy that keeps them going. They run on logic, cleanliness, order, symmetry, it's different for each. Not me. I'm completely normal. And I'm in hiding.

I faked my own death, you know. I had to, had to. No choice. They were on to me. I let my guard down, I didn't mean to, I was finally feeling safe after so much misery. I forgot to only step on every other tile. I forgot to knock on the wall before I turned a corner. Stupid, stupid, stupid! The act is what keeps one alive in crazy-town! How could I forget!? They noticed, too. I know they did. Know it. Saw it in their eyes. They recognized me as the outsider I was. Lolghurt was the one who knew first. She walked right up to me, stared right through my soul with those manic eyes... So I did it. It was a huge gamble. I dropped face down on the ground at her feet, motionless. I felt her piercing visage on the back of my skull. She accepted it. she accepted it. Sometimes the crazy pays off, ha ha. she walked away. i made my move.

I found the butcher. I killed him. It's ok though, he didn't even know he was dying. He kept mumbling that he needed to alphabetize the organs... He was buried in my place. I don't think they even looked at the body. Just wanted it gone, it was ruining their perfect order, the miasma offending their sense of rightness.

It's the perfect disguise

I am now the butcher. nobody pays much attention to me now. The butcher has always been a position looked down upon in Whiskeybridle. The blood, the bones, the gristle... it is chaos, and offensive to these dwarves. but they recognize the value of a good butcher, especially since they aren't about to do the job themselves.

It is the first day of 1055. happy BLEEDING New Year. i'm not having one. I am the only sane dwarf I know. And the sanity is driving me... insane.
I can see it now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12