Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: PeTA  (Read 22522 times)

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeTA
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2010, 07:00:05 pm »

We need better quality control before I'll even consider eating long pork. Do you have any idea of the kind of things in some of their bodies? Some are stringy and gamey, others are lard almost entirely. Standards, people, we can't serve man without standards!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2010, 07:07:32 pm »

Billy goat eat anything

You something

Billy goat eat you

Oh, that's what that was.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2010, 07:31:16 pm »

I think PETA is pretty cool. You guys might say thier dangerous but people are killing millions of animals in big factories just to eat them and become all fat and obese. If anything PETA is too merciful.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2010, 07:33:26 pm »

I get it. Haw haw.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2010, 07:34:31 pm »

No, don't even respond, he's trying to play the devil's advocate for attention again.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2010, 07:35:54 pm »

So my first response: "Troll more" was the right one?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2010, 07:36:38 pm »

You get tired fast, believe me. Don't even bother with it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2010, 08:00:57 pm »

Humans don't like to eat other humans cause they don't want to be eaten themselves or know that people close to them are going to get eaten.  Plus, there is no... cultural... background for people to think its a good idea. 
The cannibal cultures all probably died out over time.... disease and/or haters hating on their lifestyle.

Eating things that can understand you and talk back?  Now, that is something that will go either way when we get there.  ALOT of people(Developed World more likely) will say, "DON"T EAT EM!" and others(Starving Peoples of Poor places more likely) will say, "THEY IS GOOD FOOD!  I HUNGRY!" 
We know who is going to get the final say.  The people with the bigger guns.

Animals though, tend not to transfer disease/poison when eaten, which makes em eatable, unless they are poisonous or fatal when ingested.  Plus, some of em are tasty and most of em are filling to the stomach, staving away hunger.   
And there is the half-arsed justification which billions of humans still use.  I use it too.  I don't need any more reason.  I do not feel any guilt.

Pets: People don't like other people trying to eat their companions.  It won't catch on.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:04:34 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2010, 08:08:40 pm »

No, don't even respond, he's trying to play the devil's advocate for attention again.
Im pretty sure Im not the only one here who supports PETA...

Am I?

I mean I at least support the idea for ethical treatment of animals. That sounds like a pretty noble goal. So they go about it in some sketchy ways. I just dont think anything they do is nearly as bad as the mass slaughter of animals for people who dont even need to eat them. How that is such a horrible and insane thing is beyond me.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2010, 08:10:33 pm »

Pets: People don't like other people trying to eat their companions.  It won't catch on.

This makes for great cross-cultural fun when one region's little pet is another region's tasty dish.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2010, 08:18:31 pm »

Did you get muted or something? You have been gone for like two weeks.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2010, 08:28:07 pm »

Did you get muted or something? You have been gone for like two weeks.
Nah. I just wasn't here.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2010, 09:26:56 pm »

Quick, devolve the thread even further!

I think PeTA is a pretty cool guy.  eh kills pets and doesn't afraid of anything.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2010, 09:58:19 pm »

Quick, devolve the thread even further!

I think PeTA is a pretty cool guy.  eh kills pets and doesn't afraid of anything.

His enviro-level is over 9000.

To stay on-topic, PeTA is to animal-related ethics what fundamentalists are to the religious; very loud, very obnoxious, not very intelligent, surprisingly well-funded, and not representative.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:00:00 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2010, 01:37:28 am »

Wasn't there a nasa experiment at a space lab concerning vat-grown meat? They cultivated cow muscle cells in vitro, and then fried it....

PD: found it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_meat
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16