Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Gabbro is king  (Read 5856 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Gabbro is king
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 08:16:57 pm »

Obsidian still shreds wild animals and creatures which don't have armour, so it's good for the early game.

Still, obsidian has little mineral wealth, so it's not something you really want as a layer stone (Unless you really need to make it un-economic, which is fairly justified, given that it is the only infinite stone in the game)

You know you can toggle economic stones at will any time you want in the stones menu right?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

OcelotTango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:15 pm »

Limestone / Granite all the way.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 08:25:58 pm »

Obsidian still shreds wild animals and creatures which don't have armour, so it's good for the early game.

Still, obsidian has little mineral wealth, so it's not something you really want as a layer stone (Unless you really need to make it un-economic, which is fairly justified, given that it is the only infinite stone in the game)

You know you can toggle economic stones at will any time you want in the stones menu right?

Obsidian isn't on the menu. Removing it's [MAX_EDGE] tag fixes it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 08:42:31 pm »

Obsidian is bugged. As stated above, meddling with raws fixes it, but it's a hassle for lazy people such as myself, and if you want it to show up on the stones menu, it needs to be pre-existing on the map.

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 08:48:13 pm »

More like GabBRO amirite?

Quick, someone to the drawing boards! Fratboy made out of Gabbro. I'd do it myself, but no methods to draw with right now.

Also: Limestone always FTW for aesthetics.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 09:17:08 pm »

GABBRO IS COMING!

H̶̱̼͇͈̮̮͇̪̹̗͕͇̩̯̬̜̗̉͗ͣ̄̒̊̀ͧͭͯ̏ͪ̀̕͢͠Ȇ̡̡͙͔̹͖͍̯̼͉̱͙̰̙͖̞͈̻͉͈̞͐̿ͤ̃ͮͨ̽̿̉ͮ̎̅̀̚̚ ̨͍̣̖̳̹͔͈͖͙͓̖̳̹̠̣̃ͧ̋̓͋̂ͪ̽̓̾ͥͫ̎ͬ͐̽ͤ̚͟͝͠C̷̨͎̫̬̜͓̰̲͉̳̟͉̟͈͓̝̭͙ͩ͐̓͛ͭ̾ͤ͐̓̑͐̒ͦͧ̎͐͠Ȏ̶̄͌̏ͧ̐̍͜͠͠҉̤̩̰͈̪͙̳̭̮̟͖̫͓M̷̢͖̩͉̯͉̹̜̜͓̗̹̍̈́͗͑ͮ̓͋͗̏͗̂͌̿̓̈́͒͊̚̕͞Ę̮̱͇̯͚͚̞̥̪̩̬͖̠̮̙̠͊ͣ̂ͪ̊̌̊̾̓̚͢͟͡ͅT͛ͨ̊͊̎̿̋͛̏̋͆̓̓̐̾҉̷̢̨̮̠̜͍̻͎̠͔̠̠͖͙̣̲ͅH̢̹̳̮̖̣͚͎̣͖̦̘̭͖͂̐̉̌ͭ̑̏ͯ͟͢͞
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 09:39:15 pm »

And gabbro gives more garnierite than you'd ever need, and the stuff is perfect for barrels and bins.
Argh!  I knew there was some reason I wanted to smelt all that zinc and nickle into bars!  :-[
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 09:47:20 pm »

H̶̱̼͇͈̮̮͇̪̹̗͕͇̩̯̬̜̗̉͗ͣ̄̒̊̀ͧͭͯ̏ͪ̀̕͢͠Ȇ̡̡͙͔̹͖͍̯̼͉̱͙̰̙͖̞͈̻͉͈̞͐̿ͤ̃ͮͨ̽̿̉ͮ̎̅̀̚̚ ̨͍̣̖̳̹͔͈͖͙͓̖̳̹̠̣̃ͧ̋̓͋̂ͪ̽̓̾ͥͫ̎ͬ͐̽ͤ̚͟͝͠C̷̨͎̫̬̜͓̰̲͉̳̟͉̟͈͓̝̭͙ͩ͐̓͛ͭ̾ͤ͐̓̑͐̒ͦͧ̎͐͠Ȏ̶̄͌̏ͧ̐̍͜͠͠҉̤̩̰͈̪͙̳̭̮̟͖̫͓M̷̢͖̩͉̯͉̹̜̜͓̗̹̍̈́͗͑ͮ̓͋͗̏͗̂͌̿̓̈́͒͊̚̕͞Ę̮̱͇̯͚͚̞̥̪̩̬͖̠̮̙̠͊ͣ̂ͪ̊̌̊̾̓̚͢͟͡ͅT͛ͨ̊͊̎̿̋͛̏̋͆̓̓̐̾҉̷̢̨̮̠̜͍̻͎̠͔̠̠͖͙̣̲ͅH̢̹̳̮̖̣͚͎̣͖̦̘̭͖͂̐̉̌ͭ̑̏ͯ͟͢͞

G̰̯̳̲̩̤͉̏̎̏̃͑Aͦ҉͕͇̜̼͍͍B͉͈͎̺̮̳̮̤̈̇ͦ́̓̇B̗̞̤͉ͫ̎̎ͬͩͫͫ͗̕ͅR̡̦̙̼̟̣̠ͣͩ̅̈͒ͬͤ̚͠O̞̗̦͇̼͎̰̣ͫ̔
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:48:55 pm by NKDietrich »

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 12:47:04 am »

Am I the only one who can't resist nicknaming my highest ranking female noble "Greta Gabbro"?
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 01:01:54 am »

Am I the only one who can't resist nicknaming my highest ranking female noble "Greta Gabbro"?

LOL. Nice.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 05:52:06 am »

I dislike gabbr-*shot*
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 06:02:41 am »

I dislike gabbr-*shot*

Or, more in line with reality...

"I dislike gabbro."

*Disappears quietly in the night*
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 06:07:22 am »

gabbro.
Because you can't spell it without adding the 'bro' to 'gabbro'.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010, 06:27:26 am »

gabbro.
Because you can't spell it without adding the 'bro' to 'gabbro'.
Does gabbro fist bump by any chance?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 06:37:02 am »

Well personaly nothing will EVER beat limestone for me. It looks nice, you will drown in flux, there is a ton of iron and coal and its dead sexy. As for gabbro though, I usely go for granite, so I will have to test this Gabbro you speek of to see how profitable it is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4