Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: *Reh2ḱele, *reh2ḱele...  (Read 7099 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *Reh2ḱele, *reh2ḱele...
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:38 pm »

I was happier about this thread when we were crushing on teachers.
Yes, all these back and forth attempts at analizing me are extremely off-topic. We should really stop.

You're the one who brought it up. When you bring up your offbeat opinions that are controversial to the point that almost nobody credible in the world would agree with you, you have to expect to be called out on it or asked to back it up.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2010, 11:08:54 pm »

I was happier about this thread when we were crushing on teachers.
Yes, all these back and forth attempts at analizing me are extremely off-topic. We should really stop.

You're the one who brought it up. When you bring up your offbeat opinions that are controversial to the point that almost nobody credible in the world would agree with you, you have to expect to be called out on it or asked to back it up.
Look man, I offered a single two sentence post because I felt like commenting, and it just spiraled out from there. It's still annoying to me to leave those last few posts unanswered, but this is a extreme derail that we need to fix.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2010, 11:10:12 pm »

Of course it spiraled out. It couldn't not spiral out. You can't just make a comment that every single other person finds ludicrous and expect them to go "Oh, well, I guess he's right" without it being backed up at all. If you can't bear to back yourself up when you make a claim like that, then you might as well not make it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:12 pm »

I also believe that the topic is well derailed in this direction now. Like all conversations, we may as well just go with the change in subject matter.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:37 pm »

I did back myself up. I still want to continue backing my opinions against the last few posts, but the fact of the matter is that we're derailing the thread and should cease to do so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:53 pm »

Then perhaps we should take it to a new thread? Once we do that, this one will most likely die unless someone else has teacherboner problems.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2010, 12:40:58 am »

MSH, I understand your thoughts here. I really do. Because they used to be my thoughts. I'm a few months older than you, and as of last year, I was convinced the rest of the world was composed of shallow, boring, painfully extroverted people. I was convinced that I didn't need nor want any relationships. I actively tried to suppress most of my emotions, because I thought that they were the root of the problem of all those shallow people. I matured since then. I only have about 3 friends, but they're very important to me. your opinion's not going to change now, but I have a feeling, come 2 years from now, it will.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2010, 02:09:44 pm »

Well, I have to agree with MSH to some point, even though I wouldn't take it to that extreme.
Being arround or surrounding yourself with the wrong sort of people can really screw up your life, badly.

Talking from experience.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2010, 02:13:16 pm »

So can eating the wrong kind of food, but no one who's thinking rationally and fully grasps the situation advocates not eating at all.
Shoes...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2010, 02:26:33 pm »

So can eating the wrong kind of food, but no one who's thinking rationally and fully grasps the situation advocates not eating at all.

Well, but eating the wrong kind of food, doesnt make you consider, if you maybe would have been better off without eating any of it for those 11 years.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »

You specified "wrong kind". MSH is talking about any kind at all. The food analogy holds.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]