Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: *Reh2ḱele, *reh2ḱele...  (Read 7122 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
*Reh2ḱele, *reh2ḱele...
« on: October 08, 2010, 11:08:43 am »

I am in mad love with my history teacher (whose name is Rachel). It is driving me into a strange mood of some sort. I deal with it by repeating her name in Proto-Indo-European (hence the thread title). It's really driving me insane, and my father is her colleague.

It's been suggested that I ask her out the summer after I graduate. I'm inclined to think this is a good idea.

Reh2ḱele, reh2ḱele, twe lewbhemi...
What should I do?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: *Reh2ḱele, *reh2ḱele...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 12:07:29 pm »

It's inappropriate for you to have a relationship with her while you're her student, so you'll have to wait.  Then go about your normal dating routine with her, like make sure she has the same feelings for you.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:28:35 pm »

It's inappropriate for you to have a relationship with her while you're her student

Yeah, inappropriate for her.

Go for it man. Live the dream.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 02:37:07 pm »

Euld is correct. Don't ruin her career because she gives you the horn.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 03:50:43 pm »

Euld is correct. Don't ruin her career because she gives you the horn.

This. I don't think you exactly understand just how much of a huge deal a teacher having any kind of intimate relationship with a student is. Even casual flirting is a huge no-no. If anything happens between the two of you while in anything remotely resembling an educational context, then it'll do more than just get her a slap on the wrist. Not only would it get her fired, it would destroy her career. No educational institution would hire her ever again for the rest of her life. Now add on to that the fact that it's also illegal as shit, and it means that if you truly 'love' her, then you'd back the fuck off and don't even think about it until you're at least a year removed from school entirely. Anything sooner and it'll start the rumour train, and with this sort of shit, rumours alone can destroy her career.

I deal with it by repeating her name in Proto-Indo-European (hence the thread title).

Stop doing that. That is the start of some creepy neckbeard stalker shit right there.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »

Okay, WHO suggested to you that you should date her after you graduate? Plus you said your dad is a colleague at the same school.

Like the others said, if you are a minor (under 18 here in the US), it is considered illegal for you and her. Plus don't you think your father will be angry at you? You seem to be implying that he works at the same school as your teacher.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:05:53 pm by smjjames »

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 11:35:13 pm »

I deal with it by repeating her name in Proto-Indo-European (hence the thread title).

Stop doing that. That is the start of some creepy neckbeard stalker shit right there.

This too. I would have mentioned it, but... I don't want you showing up outside my bedroom window at night with a butcher's knife. >_>
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 01:26:24 am »

Okay, WHO suggested to you that you should date her after you graduate? Plus you said your dad is a colleague at the same school.

Like the others said, if you are a minor (under 18 here in the US), it is considered illegal for you and her. Plus don't you think your father will be angry at you? You seem to be implying that he works at the same school as your teacher.

Not necessarily illegal if he is above the age of consent.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 06:57:09 am »

It sounds like she's a professor, not a high school teacher, so he's probably over 18.  Still, her career is hosed if you try it.  Don't try it, because she will not want to date you if singlehandedly destroy years of work and put her in the poorhouse.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 04:28:50 pm »

Your idea is intensely creepy and lacks any forethought, like others have said. How old are you even? Wanting to bone til the friction ignites the room does not equal love.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 08:13:05 pm »

Your idea is intensely creepy and lacks any forethought, like others have said. How old are you even? Wanting to bone til the friction ignites the room does not equal love.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 08:30:44 pm »

Just stop. Don't act on your feelings, and just try not to think about her. Your infatuation for her will fade away sooner or later if you do so.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:32:44 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 09:02:20 pm »

Just stop. Don't act on your feelings, and just try not to think about her. Your infatuation for her will fade away sooner or later if you do so.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 08:44:09 am »

Not necessarily illegal if he is above the age of consent.

Illegal or not, it's not a smart idea. People are horribly sensitive about this kind of thing these days. Especially the US. When they get sensitive, they get emotional, and not very logical. If you get your way, she'll be seen as some pedophile, and you'll be eternally branded as that kid who got molested or harrassed or something. Even if you were a 22 year old who has a crush on your professor, it's not a good idea. For some reason, people see teacher-student relations as somewhat incestuous.

If you really, really want to ask her out, never mention to anyone that you were her student.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 09:05:44 am »

Don't listen to anything Vector has to say on the subject.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7