Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Naturelabor- a succession game.  (Read 13393 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Naturelabor- a succession game.
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2010, 09:33:17 am »

Well, it was going to happen. The clothier went berserk, and I'd forgotten to lock the door, so I created a three-dwarf squad of wrestlers. He's now dead, and about to be buried. I've lost the screenshots, unfortunately.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2010, 10:04:28 am »

We have lost 4 dwarves to skelephants: they kept annoying me, so I decided to get rid of them by making an archer squad. For some reason they didn't pick up the crossbows I asked them to equip themselves with and now they are dead. Our war elephant went out for revenge and also died. Good thing she had a calf. I had to forbid their corpses.

We are now down to 31 dwarves.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2010, 02:31:50 pm »

6th Malachite: goddamn it, we lost a legendary miner to the elephants. I dunno what he was doing.
We need to get this wall built fast.

On the bright side, we will now be able to speed our iron industry up considerably because I've found a sizable bituminous coal vein on z-level -4.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10th Malachite: Goddamn it, another legendary miner who was trying to build the wall and failed... But our wall's getting close now. I'll have my weaponsmith make more picks.

Oh god, there's an elephant inside the walls:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 07:20:19 pm »

can you please please please use the edit button instead of posting your updates as individual posts. It will cause people to think you are spamming in an attempt to keep the topic at the top of the page.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 02:17:05 pm »

I'm almost done. I'll edit in the screenshots later.

For now, all I will say is this: I truly wish that I could say that I have nurtured Naturelabor's 16 dwarves into a population of 36 happy, prosperous ones.

As it is, between an accident with removing floors, skelephants, a strange mood,a  skeletalligator, and drowning fun, I have managed to kill off 21 of 36 and therefore will end with fewer than I started with.

Luckily, the survivors have had lots of time to look at that waterfall, so a tantrum spiral is unlikely. On the bright side, we're swimming in food and booze, so we don't have to worry about that.

I'd like the person to take year 3 to be fairly experienced with DF; we have a lot of work to do.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 06:38:06 pm »

So you're turn is done now?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2010, 07:50:55 pm »

Yeah, I'll post the save tomorrow. The rest of winter has been fairly uneventful.

Well, OK, I lied. Someone went insane. Luckily it was melencholy.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:06:56 pm by dhokarena56 »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 08:51:06 pm »

Er. I seem to have misplaced the save; it was probably for the best, as the fortress was likely to spiral into decline anyway.

Somebody else do an extra year 2, and I'll try doing year 7 or 8 or something when those roll around.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 03:04:02 pm »

uh... Well.... Try finding it, if you can't just upload the old save and ill continue from there. Also if you don't have the save, then the last person can give me the save. Hopefully someone has it...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:06:34 pm by Comrade »

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 07:48:49 pm »

I think my turn is still up on page 3  (reply #34) . 

if it's not, I still have my copy.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:52 pm »

Alright ill start and go for a year, ill just edit this or the next post i create.

Btw just looking at this... Wow What the fuck is going on...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:10:35 pm by Comrade »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 09:17:23 am »

Alright ill start and go for a year, ill just edit this or the next post i create.

Btw just looking at this... Wow What the fuck is going on...

Those elephants can get pretty pissed off, so I suggest mass production of cage traps. Everywhere. Be paranoid.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 04:35:05 pm »

Those elephants aren't bad, i only had a problem with the one tiger and everything else ran around the other side of the river. For the next owner, Press "Ctrl + N" for "notes" to see what level does what.

Naturelabor Save File
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:31:26 pm by Comrade »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 05:02:32 pm »

Can me and mrbobbyg switch turns? I'm kinda in the middle of something now.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 09:57:30 am »

Sure. Who'll go next?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15