Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Naturelabor- a succession game.  (Read 13388 times)

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
Re: Naturelabor- a succession game.
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2010, 09:35:07 am »

I'm glad we had a positive population growth; I feel like there were a lot of years where that didn't happen...
I also have to wonder what the humans and dwarfs thought when they came to trade and had to wade through blood and bones just to trade at a blood-soaked trade depot for crafts decorated with the bones of the undead.
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2010, 12:19:19 pm »

Downloading now.

Aw dammit, it wants me to upgrade to RapidShare Pro.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2010, 09:21:37 pm »

Is this right?

Player List
1. dhokarena56
2. TerrisH
3. Comrade
4. mrbobbyg
5. USEC_OFFICER
6. roflgar

Yellow = Past Turn(s)
Red = Current Turn
White = Future Turn(s)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2010, 11:57:08 am »

Ah, dammit, my dinky little netbook is giving me 5 frames per second- and that's without any weird megaprojects. I shall attempt to keep working, but if it doesn't work out, skip me.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2010, 01:45:57 pm »

OK, the fucker sitting across from me unplugged the game. Let's try this again.

Nothing much of importance happens. We get a stupid artifact, a wax opal figurine of dwarves, on 3rd granite.

After we get the floor built, we will be making my dorf, a brewer named Erib, a high-class tomb. That means an adamantine sarcophagus, adamantine statues, a gold floor and platinum walls.

Also, I'm going to engrave my existance on Naturelabor forever by creating a pointless tower out of regular stone.

2nd Slate: some migrants have arrived!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Among them: a high master suturer/wound dresser, a soap maker/furnace operator, a stonecrafter, an animal dissector (can you say military?), a mason/marksdwarf, and a high master furnace operator.

9th Slate: our ceiling is done. I don't feel like making a screenshot.

13th Felsite: the elves arrive! We sell them our various crap- elephant cages, crappy gems- for their booze and food.

I decide not to make the pyramid after all.

There's a goblin siege in late spring (I forgot to take screenshots). The goblins kill a few dwarves. I decide that "Sieg Heil Evilsquack" is the perfect place to store coffins.

In late spring some time the mayor really pisses me off. He mandates the production of a turtle tooth item:

I mean, what the fuck, bro...turtles don't have teeth. I'll let him go this time, but the next time he mandates something stupid, he may well suffer an unfortunate accident.

21st Malachite, and we get a Forgotten Beast. Since we haven't gone into the caverns, we're fine.

Also, those migrants don't have beds, but I'm a lazy little bastard and I decide they can sleep in a dormitory. I take an already carved-out block on Z-level -7:

I'll put a bed in the center and make it a dorm.

16th galena:
They don't have anything particularly special, so I trade them some gem bins for their food and booze. Can't ever have too much booze.

16th limestone:

He claims a clothier's workshop. Too bad we won't get anything legendary out of him.

2nd Sandstone:

Worth 52.750 dbs, it is encircled with bands and menaces with spikes of gold, rope reed fiber and grey chalcedony. It is adorned with hanging rings.

Goddamn dwarven bondage freaks.
Along the way we've had some goblin pedophiles, but they've been caged.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:42:40 pm by dhokarena56 »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2010, 01:50:55 pm »

But!

My elf rooms!

Aren't I still the brewmaster btw?
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2010, 02:00:30 pm »

Yeah, you are. And your elf rooms are- elven.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2010, 03:09:10 pm »

Don't worry mrbobbyg, your turn will come...

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2010, 03:14:09 pm »

I like it!
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2010, 06:55:04 pm »

Goddamn dwarven bondage freaks.
Along the way we've had some goblin pedophiles, but they've been caged.

Maybe it's the new expedition leader? Didn't think about that huh?

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2010, 08:27:57 pm »

I make an awesome mayor and you all know it; my apologies to the dwarf who winds up imprisoned/beaten for failing to meet my demands.

and yeah, I hope to see that SIEG HEIL filled with coffins.
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2010, 01:32:02 pm »

So...the dwarves came...we traded them some of our sunshine, since it's so valuable and we have loads. It takes some time, since our broker decided to nap, and then eat. I buy some booze (we're running out of the 4 underground booze), some pig iron, and their flux, and request flux. Our army will need steel armor.

For whoever trades with them next: they're willing to trade
-223% for maces
-167% for thread
-148% for handwear
-217% for footwear
-186% for quivers
-188% for drinks (what, the mountainhomes can't make booze?!)
-217% for plants
-154% for shields/bucklers
-220% for large gems
-217% for anvils
-133% for windows.

Also, a few people have succumbed to infection, including my dorf and a high master grower. Ah well.

Behold my tomb: an egregious waste of a platinum door, silver walls, a gold floor, and six adamantine statues. The walkway in is a gold floor, lined with some silver statues we had lying around. You can't see it, but the ceiling is also gold. Building it, which required the destruction of an olivine ceiling, happened to kill three dwarves (all of whom, I hasten to add, were expendable- a child, a bone doctor and a stonecrafter). Also, a miner drowned in mysterious circumstances.
But hey, when you're creating a massive monument to the pointless waste of wealth, you have to make some sacrifices.

5th opal: a wood burner has been possessed!

He claims a leather works.
And you know what? He's a useless little idiot with no friends, and I don't feel like giving him "bones...yes...", whatever the fuck that is.  So, he can just go insane.

At the same time, more or less, a metalsmith has a kid.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 01:34:35 pm by dhokarena56 »

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2010, 03:51:14 pm »

You should chain a few usless animals outside as "outposts"/"lookouts". So when ambushs come they'll be found.

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2010, 05:11:33 pm »

don't let him go insane, just slaughter one of the many, many animals we have

if you keep killing the expendable dwarves, we won't have any left and migrants will be less likely to come due to a high mortality rate.
-TerrisH

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2010, 05:13:41 pm »

Get it together and make him some bones!

I didn't make a beautiful elfpalace fortress so you could kill it because you can't be assed to butcher a horse.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15